Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 95. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
March 09, 2018, 04:46:13 PM
Short-term is quite profitable, but it requires a lot of time and knowledge in trading, so it is also very risky for you. I chose long-term investment, because i don't have much time. I prefer to find out perspective coins and buy it for a year or more. I know several traders that prefer long-term to short-term due to the fact that it is easier and almost as profitable as trading.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
March 09, 2018, 04:34:43 PM
There are many coins but having different worth and capacity some are best for long run and some are good for short term to make handsome profit.Mainly long term need patience but amazing results.
Activity: 125
Merit: 14
March 09, 2018, 03:33:47 PM
I invest in bitcoin, эфиpиyм, 50% of the deposit.
There are also short-term positions which have now gone to minus, but I am not upset, I will bribe them on bottoms to average a portfolio on short-term positions.
Activity: 434
March 09, 2018, 03:27:18 PM
It all depends what you know how to do. If you know how to trade on the stock Exchange for you will certainly be more profitable trade, if not, the long-term investment for you.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
March 09, 2018, 03:25:04 PM
Long term investment is better than short term because long term investment has 100% chance of better return. Long term investment can be manage properly than short term investment.
I've made a long-term investment, about 5 months ago until now, the price is still the same, I hope I choose the right strategy for this
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
March 09, 2018, 03:15:44 PM
to be honest. every one has own strategy and for me, both of them are good ways. but it also depend your coins too. each coin has own time to develop
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
March 09, 2018, 02:47:44 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
When i get involve in this crypto market, i always distinguish my asset into 2 purpose, long term and short term, i usually hold tops coins like btc and ETH, and trade for profit new altcoins, with trading altcoins i can earn profit to take care for daily life better, and holding is for long term profit, both long term and short term are good so i choose to invest in both.
Activity: 406
March 09, 2018, 02:21:55 PM
For myself, I chose the strategy of hold, only a small part of my investments I invest in short-term projects and trading!
Activity: 1022
March 09, 2018, 02:16:44 PM
as investors works with the decision to goes with reference as moderating use of release from the different anchors with the customs of personal preference to gives with the use of signals as confirming the different barriers as narrowing the distinct of priors to gains of returns to follows as might to decide as extending entrance to the shifts with the higher level.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 01:34:56 PM
I will invest dime for the top coin: eth, bitcoin, ada ... time around 3-6 months. The rest I will use short 1-3 months as anchor, ripple, .. Since I do not know technical analysis so I would choose hold coin would be better.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
March 09, 2018, 12:37:11 PM
The long term investments is certainly the best way.
Although always take profits occasionally when the market is doing well so you don't panic sell when the market is fluctuating.

Long term investments are not suitable for volatile assets such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Short-term and medium-term investments with regular profit booking may be the way to go here. And obviously, panic selling is something that should be avoided.
Activity: 406
March 09, 2018, 12:33:49 PM
if you invest in crypto, i suggest you to invest in a long term.
because investing in a short term, have a risk that you will not gain any profit.
look at the market now, it is on the red condition. if you have invest recently, you already loss.
Activity: 136
March 09, 2018, 12:16:25 PM
For me, long term investments are better. It is predicted that 2018 will be the year of altcoins which is why I think focusing on altcoins is the best choice. You can invest in Ethereum and hold it. If you want short term investments, you can choose Neo, Ethereum Classic.

I think also better is long term investment. i think in this year 2018 will be best for all altcoins all price will be high. actually short term investment not profitable but long term is most profitable and more risk.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 11:58:38 AM
Long term investment is better than short term because long term investment has 100% chance of better return. Long term investment can be manage properly than short term investment.
Activity: 350
March 09, 2018, 02:05:46 AM
Long term hold  is 80% of my portfolio the remaining 20% I usually swing trade so that I can buy more of my long term coins. I would also like to add that holding is good but holding and accumulating more at dips is better. Just make sure you hold a solid long term coin. ☺️

I will do two things, in my short-term portfolio I bought some altcoins and sold them again in a very short span of time but in the long-term portfolio I bought most of altcoin and waited to benefit from them. So if we experience losses are not too great value.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
March 09, 2018, 01:37:28 AM
Hello and good evening wherever you are from it i personally prefer to use the both of strategies because both can beneficial if you planned for it well
Both will work if you employ with different strategy, long term is more risky but more rewarding especially when there is a real pump that
would take us to the moon, like everyone is expecting when they are investing.
Actually IMO 10 years of holding is a great long term measurement and we can certainly see a big project once the coin we are holding will succeed.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
March 08, 2018, 06:37:38 PM
Hello and good evening wherever you are from it i personally prefer to use the both of strategies because both can beneficial if you planned for it well
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
March 08, 2018, 06:35:07 PM
Although always take profits occasionally when the market is doing well so you don't panic sell when the market is fluctuating.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
March 08, 2018, 06:34:05 PM
Activity: 322
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
March 08, 2018, 06:31:12 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Now the whole portfolio for a long term. 40% in bitcoin and 60 in altcoins. Although until recently there were 25 in Bitcoin and 75 in Altcoins, but Bitcoin simply insecurity destroys my altcoins. Therefore, now it's probably best to trade for a short time and only btc/usd
Pages:
Jump to: