Pages:
Author

Topic: Losing faith in BTC... - page 11. (Read 5470 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
November 12, 2017, 07:09:56 PM
People need to stop reacting to individual events.  If these activities continue for several weeks then I may begin to worry, but right now this is a small blip in the history of bitcoin.

I tend to agree, but it depends on a few factors. One interesting aspect to this debacle is that Bitmain has a fairly strong hold over the mining hardware market. And they're now only accepting BCH for payment. This slows down any process by which retail miners (even at the industrial scale) could use their hash power to tip the scales towards BTC. They need to liquidate and buy BCH (propping up the BCH price) to accumulate new hardware.

In the end, though, the supply of available BTC to dump held by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu is limited. This isn't sustainable.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 07:09:47 PM
Diversify from BTC. Invest in the expansion of the whole sector, by support ICOs.

ETH seems very stable in comparison. Almost like they are trying to deliberately downplay it.

BitCoin has the brand value, but it seems unlikely that it can last forever. So far it has shown remarkable resilience, but when it drops it drops hard - and everyone starts to say "the end is nigh!"

Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy.
Activity: 42
November 12, 2017, 07:09:11 PM
Cryptocurrencies represent one of the biggest innovation of these years, but at the moment, unfortunately, they are also one of the biggest scam in the history.
I wonder how many people made millions (and billions) by manipulating the market. I'm not talking about bitcoin cash only, I'm talking about cryptocurrency world in general.
It's such a shame.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
November 12, 2017, 07:08:47 PM
It is funny to see  people losing their faith because of the small incidents, coin pumping is a common things, the whale will choose coin to pump and dump and this time they choose bch, crypto currencies is decentralised world so everything will be up and down, it is stupid to dump bitcoin  for alt coins, bitcoin already rising so fast so it's normal to have a drop price and corrections
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2017, 07:06:51 PM
Not only the BCH will not replace the BTC, but once the BTC will beat it in few days, it will have no more obstacle to reach 10k and all of those people who sold low will have only their eyes to cry
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2017, 07:05:41 PM
People who bet too much on BCH will have a hard return on earth, you can quote this Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
November 12, 2017, 07:05:23 PM
I have seen similar threads pop up at the time Bitcoin was tanking and other coins were gaining value. In some cases I can understand that people have doubts, but all these doubts can be cleared by properly understanding Bitcoin.

If you also understand how this market reacts to coordinated altcoin pumps and spam attacks on Bitcoin's network, it would be clear to you that everything happening right now is just a short term occurrence.

If you can't handle the market in current state, then just take a break from everything related to crypto. People are known for doing things in these circumstances that they will later regret.
Activity: 674
Merit: 101
I am hired and not own by any Team!
November 12, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
As of today as we can see bitcoin is still expensive and if tgere is still downfall that is common to the market pattern of bitcoin. There is no need to worry because it will return into it and will be more expensive soon.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
The Cryptocurrency never sleep
November 12, 2017, 06:59:12 PM
 :)My fear My Signs and that you're doing everything fast
come if the BTC Boat is sinking and getting everything done in a hurry
are hurt I hope all the community of cryptographers when they see that
the BCH capitalization has reached a 2-position stop for a moment to reason
and to evaluate the pros and cons of such a rapid and massive passage Shocked
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 06:58:21 PM
Thing is though, I love bitcoin and my alts, I'm in no way spreading fud here, but I think what Roger Ver and mates are doing with this coordinated attack on Bitcoin risks bringing down the whole thing. I don't mean Bitcoin, I mean cryptocurrencies.

Outsiders know Bitcoin only, they see it doing well and they think about getting in, replace it with Bitcoin Cash and say goodbye to crypto growth as a whole, who would trust it? "What's this Bitcoin Cash thingy? What happened to Bitcoin?"

Same with traders. Mostly I trade alts to get more BTC, it's the coin you use to measure all others and something you know will hold value, take that away and trading will become unstable to the point of it being blind gambling.

It would also show that a tiny group of people can control the whole thing through underhanded manipulation, so it's no better than fiat. Not decentralized or new at all, just a different delivery system for the little guy getting fucked again.

By this Bitcoin cash pumping to satisfy the greed of a few, we risk everything. Cryptocurrencies could become a joke and the people who said it was all tulipmania would be right. You watch, if it happens I'll remind people of this post when it all comes crashing down, though it will be little consolation because I'll be broke.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
November 12, 2017, 06:57:52 PM
Who else is losing faith in BTC? I use to believe that BTC would change the world. What I just witnessed last night with BCH attempting to take over just shook my entire belief in BTC and crypto currency in general......

A tempest in a teapot.

It will amount to nothing.
Activity: 33
November 12, 2017, 06:43:29 PM
BTC > Jihancoin/Vercoin
Activity: 187
Merit: 102
November 12, 2017, 06:41:00 PM
Imagine there were only 10 people in the entire bitcoin community. And they bought and sold bitcoin at higher and higher prices.

They certainly could. One person could pay $10 for a bitcoin. Another could pay $10 for half a bitcoin. Another could pay $10 for 1/100 of a bitcoin.

Now, let's say they cashed out. Where does the money come from?

The only money in bitcoin is the actual cash people are putting in the game. The only way one person can make money is if someone else can lose money. And at the same time, the miners are taking money out of the game and the exchanges are taking money out of the game.

Bitcoin is a zero sum game. I don't care if you call it a pyramid scheme, ponzi scheme or anything else.

The one thing you need to understand is that if you are going to make money, someone is going to lose money. If you spend $3000 on bitcoins, someone else just got your $3000 minus transaction fees (and exchange fees). You then have a hope someone else in the game will buy your bitcoins for actual money in the future. That is all you have.

Just realize that is the game you are playing.

And then understand that you aren't at the bottom of the pyramid. You don't have coins you bought for $1 or less. And there are a lot of people who do. So, they will make money. Who will they make money from?

Well said!

People are happy to brush things off as just a 'pump and dump' yet BTC has major pumps for no reasons and then when it drops they will just call it a 'correction'. It can move just as manipulated as alts.

I admire peoples commitment to BTC but you are playing a dangerous game to. Times change and there is no reason the crypto world wont either. Yes BTC has had drops in the past from events (although the crypto world is not meant to be effected from events) but I wouldn't be complacent in thinking it will always survive them. These events can turn people off BTC, newcomers and recent investors. Constant volatility can kill it and any coin if it keeps happening. No one knows what will happen in the crypto world and that's the scary part that no one should be confident over.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 06:40:48 PM
No I don't lose faith in bitcoin. The bitcoin price is going down now but I did not take it as a disadvantage, but instead I take it as an advantage to buy more bitcoin because it becomes more affordable for me to invest in it. When the price of bitcoin increase again I will have a bigger chance of getting more profit because I will buy bitcoin now that the price is down.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
November 12, 2017, 06:39:21 PM
No one should expect a smooth ride in business all the time. It confuses me how people talk down on btc whenever it makes a correction. Corrections are part of the instruments that give a coin its genuine status. For me, only the weak minded are losing faith in btc. I believe BTC will surely get on bullish.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
November 12, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
for sure bitcoin price will backa again to the 7000 dollars and even the price decreease its all experiencing the price du,ping and thats normal. if you compared the price before and today its totally different and the price is very high even the price decrease. dont worry!

That's how we all have come to know of bitcoin. It always certainly recovers and gains its previous value after each huge dip. The value might be decreasing but at any rate i bet it will certainly rise back up again if you can exercise a little patience.
Activity: 48
November 12, 2017, 06:29:48 PM
Let's face the truth: bitcoin is growing - that's what we were all hoping for. But Bitcoin can no longer handle the amount of transactions. Segwit changed NOTHING. If the blocksize will not be increased, bitcoin is going to die slowly and other coins will take over. Kick the developers asses as hard as you can and force them to increase the block size. NOW!
Activity: 403
November 12, 2017, 06:29:12 PM
I think you are just in panic situation, when you are in panic you cant decide whether it is right or not,  panic makes you uncomfortable  so to release that felling you decided to buy bch even it is not right for you, we are all in business to make money so if you think it is right to do, go on. But think it twice because our bitcoin has a big name in this world so more and more fake news and propaganda are shown all over the net,  so the existance of those fakes news and propaganda are make us more panic to choose which is better one.  For me i will always have faith in bitcoin and still holding on for the next 2-3 years.
Activity: 195
November 12, 2017, 06:22:20 PM
One other possibility to consider is that there are new players entering crypto from Wall Street.
Their goal will be to shake the BTC out of "weak hands"  for as little outlay as possible, then run it up.

My question is was the top at $8,000 and now they are rotating into BCH? Or will the top be much higher.  I suspect much higher.

I suspect that the BCH price will hold because so many coin were sold early on - presumably into strong hands.

Today I used some of my BCH to buy a miner from Bitmain. Since they only sell for BCH right now, the price was 25% of what it was last month. If Bitmain does not cancel the order, then they are certainly committed to the current BCH price level and higher.

Otherwise, I am sitting on my handful of BTC and BCH. I think the future is good for both.
Activity: 44
November 12, 2017, 06:18:25 PM
I hope everything will turn normal aswell  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: