Pages:
Author

Topic: Make sure you pay your taxes to the government that spies on you! - page 8. (Read 5568 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Now, why would I do that?

Unless you're going to morally and financially support the people who would rob me, kidnap me, or potentially even murder me?
Violence begetting violence. You're doing a good job at making the wheel go round and round, I guess.
Defense does not beget more violence. It ends it.

People who disagree with you won't be killed if they behave as you dictate.
If by that, you mean don't threaten me and mine, yes, that's exactly right.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
I would get in this argument but I don't want myrkul threatening to choke me, too. Violent people are so irrational.   Embarrassed

Unless you're going to morally and financially support the people who would rob me, kidnap me, or potentially even murder me?

Again back to threatening people who disagree with you?
They're free to disagree. Just not to morally and financially support robbers and murderers.

Well that is clear enough.  People who disagree with you won't be killed if they behave as you dictate.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Violence begetting violence. You're doing a good job at making the wheel go round and round, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
I would get in this argument but I don't want myrkul threatening to choke me, too. Violent people are so irrational.   Embarrassed

to be fair, I'm the one who wants to choke Hawker. If you pay taxes - you're a violent person. You're implying that you're on the "pay your taxes" side of the argument - so you're admitting that you are not only violent - and thus "irrational" by your argument- but you're also the initiator of the violence. Me wanting to choke someone for initiating the violence is just self defense.

Actually the reason you threatened to kill me is that I called you out for your trolling.  Stop trying to rationalise your being hypersensitive. 

Now you're a liar too. go back and read the thread.
I would get in this argument but I don't want myrkul threatening to choke me, too. Violent people are so irrational.   Embarrassed

They're free to disagree. Just not to morally and financially support robbers and murderers.
legendary

legendary
I would get in this argument but I don't want myrkul threatening to choke me, too. Violent people are so irrational.   Embarrassed

to be fair, I'm the one who wants to choke Hawker. If you pay taxes - you're a violent person. You're implying that you're on the "pay your taxes" side of the argument - so you're admitting that you are not only violent - and thus "irrational" by your argument- but you're also the initiator of the violence. Me wanting to choke someone for initiating the violence is just self defense.

Actually the reason you threatened to kill me is that I called you out for your trolling.  Stop trying to rationalise your being hypersensitive. 
legendary

I know - and they keep saying that we don't need the police :O
legendary

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Your cash is buried in a field. 
You bury your cash in a field?  The IRS takes mine from my paycheck before I ever get it.
My exact point.  myrkul is peddling the notion that if you are paid in Bitcoin, you are not subject to tax on your income.  But if you are an employee, that's nonsense.
Depends on who you work for. If you work for someone willing to pay you in bitcoin, it's likely that you also work for someone willing to not report your earnings.

Another benefit of bitcoins. Employer buys bitcoins, isn't legally required to pay taxes on them until he turns them back into cash.
...snip...
I don't understand why you cling to the silly notion that bitcoin isn't different. I have to willingly give up the money. Every other currency, they can take by force.

Judge locks you up.  Demands 500 Bitcoin and $50,000.  You are not leaving jail until the Judge has both.

Your bitcoin is on a USB stick and your cash is buried in a field.

Exactly how is your Bitcoin safer than your cash from confiscation?  
Bitcoin is in a brainwallet, and cash is buried in a field. If they know where to find the cash (through surveillance, a snitch, whatever), they can dig it up and take it. As long as I have selected an unguessable passphrase, ain't nobody taking my bitcoins without my say-so.
lol your "say-so" while you rot in jail makes it voluntary?

In both cases, you remain in jail until the authorities have what they want.  The Bitcoin is no more secure than the cash.
And in both cases, I am costing them money, instead of earning them money. The benefit of bitcoin is that they can't get it unless I decide to give it to them.
Three hots and a cot, on the state dime, while my money's safe in my head.
Repeat after me: I am not your piggybank.

So you are agreed that the cash and the Bitcoin are equally safe.  Fine.
Uhhh... nooo....

If they know where to find the cash (through surveillance, a snitch, whatever), they can dig it up and take it.

Can't do that with bitcoins. I'll even tell them where the money is: 1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Come and get it.  Cheesy
legendary
...snip...
I don't understand why you cling to the silly notion that bitcoin isn't different. I have to willingly give up the money. Every other currency, they can take by force.

Judge locks you up.  Demands 500 Bitcoin and $50,000.  You are not leaving jail until the Judge has both.

Bitcoin is in a brainwallet, and cash is buried in a field. If they know where to find the cash (through surveillance, a snitch, whatever), they can dig it up and take it. As long as I have selected an unguessable passphrase, ain't nobody taking my bitcoins without my say-so.

In both cases, you remain in jail until the authorities have what they want.  The Bitcoin is no more secure than the cash.
And in both cases, I am costing them money, instead of earning them money. The benefit of bitcoin is that they can't get it unless I decide to give it to them.

So you are agreed that the cash and the Bitcoin are equally safe.  Fine.
...snip...

Judge locks you up.  Demands 500 Bitcoin and $50,000.  You are not leaving jail until the Judge has both.

In both cases, you remain in jail until the authorities have what they want.  The Bitcoin is no more secure than the cash.
legendary

You bury your cash in a field?  The IRS takes mine from my paycheck before I ever get it.

My exact point.  myrkul is peddling the notion that if you are paid in Bitcoin, you are not subject to tax on your income.  But if you are an employee, that's nonsense.
legendary
...snip...

Judge locks you up.  Demands 500 Bitcoin and $50,000.  You are not leaving jail until the Judge has both.

In both cases, you remain in jail until the authorities have what they want.  The Bitcoin is no more secure than the cash. 

legendary
...snip...

Funny thing is, none of that has happened to me in the 10 years since I've filed a tax return.

Why? Because the IRS has no evidence that I've had any taxable income - even by their definition. I buy cars privately with cash and I rent. When I did buy houses, I used a C-corp and wrote off all my capital gains.

But you are free to continue being a slave, Hawker. Meanwhile, I'll continue being better off than you because I keep all my money.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100

...snip...

Pages:
Jump to: