Pages:
Author

Topic: many investors fall poor because bitcoin prices are down - page 6. (Read 1185 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 225
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Bitcoin prices dropped to make the altcoin price to be very low and even 500% lower than the price of ico, which makes many investors experience a lot of losses. not a few investors who become poor because of it. is it true that bitcoin affects the price of all altcoins Huh
This is a clear example of the fact that Bitcoin is actually very poorly performing the function of accumulating value and it practically cannot be compared with gold in this regard because of its high price volatility. The high price of Bitcoin now plays a negative role for investors who are going to hold it for a long time. At the same time, experienced traders can still have high profits using high bitcoin volatility.
Activity: 359
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
You are right. The price of Bitcoin affects all prices of crypto, as all prices of crypto are determined by purchasing power. When Bitcoin is sold, buyers will panic and follow the trend.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 102
Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.
yes, alt prices are greatly influenced by the price of bitcoin they follow it even though it's not often, and after I altcoin doesn't do ico  Roll Eyes
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
Base on my own observation, I think it is a yes. I noticed this since the first time I have received my tokens because I started observing the price since then. Once bitcoin goes up, the altcoins that are good enough will also follow. But the shit coins will remain stable in a bad way. And this year, what I noticed is the bitcoin went down and all the altcoins are red as well.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
I lost almost all my portfolio wealth this year because I didn't sell in January my altcoins when I should have when they had reached an all-time high. I am the only one to blame for this fiasco because I gave in to all the FOMO and positive news everyone was saying back then but wasn't looking at the reality on the ground, that shorting with exchange slike Bitfinex and Bitmex would become a reality and that the Bitcoin Futures were going to make a few whales very rich and most of us hodlers very poor. I wish I could go back now and change everything but it is impossible now so got to hope that at least I can grow a few bags before the next bull run and in doing so want to help my family.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
yes indeed the price of bitcoin also affects the price of altcoin, if you see the price of bitcoin now the price is also still cheap, and the price of altcoin also follows the price of bitcoin, because bitcoin is the leader of the altcoin on the market.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
None of altcoin can be independent from bitcoin price, the huge drop from the price of bitcoin affected the value of altcoins as a result many investors couldn't realize 10% of initial amount of money invested.
Even all altcoins are depending on bitcoin price movement, we can see some coins are trading on its own time to time. Ethereum must be the good example here and recently waves is doing on its own regardless of where bitcoin is trading. It means we have to choose altcoins after some study, so that we can save our capital even all other cryptos are performing poorer. Also if you are choosing only major altcoins then you do not need to worry about.

Moreover, those investors who are all getting panic on seeing bitcoin markets is falling down may face looses and then may become poor. But, for those investors who are very confident about the future of bitcoins will not get panic hence they will not pull off their bitcoin holding now. They must be choosing to continue their bitcoin stash for the future.

Bitcoin is only good for long term. People who are understanding this fact are making good profits and people are not ready to accept this fact may become poor on their attempts to test the potential of bitcoins.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Decentralized Digital Billboards
Investing moneys is allways risky, i am sure real investor dont invest all in cryptocurrencies.
This was for him little expirience
Activity: 658
Rangers Protocol
Very important to know the basic fundamentals with regards to crypto environment. At the beginning of crypto investment, investors must determined the possibilities as long as they can to prevent unfortunate investment result. Patient is a must to have a better hope and calmness spirit to deal the volatile place most specially when the market turn to drastic falls.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
It's just a process, and might be a lesson for every investor. Investing is not just getting a profit, someone needs a broad understanding of the place he chooses, one must know when it's a good time to buy or sell. If they do not have it, they will face a losses, unless he believes in the future of cryptocurrency so as he choose long term investment, because for everyone who chooses long term investment, he has been sure to believe in the future of cryptocurrency, no matter how much drop comes, they will not panic.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
All big investor what they are waiting for, now all coin price 300-400 percentage down. For this cause some others investor or holders lost hope.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
Bitcoin prices dropped to make the altcoin price to be very low and even 500% lower than the price of ico, which makes many investors experience a lot of losses. not a few investors who become poor because of it. is it true that bitcoin affects the price of all altcoins Huh

yeah, coz of dumping, right now that is what's happening. I really wanna think right now that it is better to wait for exchanges before getting a crypto coin or token that you wanna hodl because you can get potentially pretty much lower price than the ico. But for me that's not always the case. Their is always give and take. Coz before, whenever an ico finishes and hit exchanges it sky rockets.
When you wanna sell make sure you wont regret it if the price goes higher. and when you wanna hodl, make sure you wont sell it if the price goes lower. That's it. Coz we can never know the future.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I know many investors who were able to earn in 2018, and not bad. However, I agree that the majority still lost. I think this is due primarily to high expectations from the previously overvalued crypto market.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
Many investors think that bitcoin price will double than 2017 ...but instead of double bitcoin price is 5 times reduced than 2017 ... so panic reduced,panic holding and panic losses.

THis is the first time I see the term panic holding. I know panic selling and fomo buying but wtf is panic holding?Cheesy It's like when you're drowning and you hold on to every piece of wood that's floating around you no matter how small?

Altcoin market depends on Bitcoin because every law in the world is made with Bitcoin in mind. If a government bans Bitcoin don't think it will allow altcoins to be traded. If Bitcoin fails all altcoins will follow.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
before investing money, you should understand the basics, the basis of the crypto market is from blockchain technology and "Bitcoin" is the product name of that technology. However, many people forget the importance of understanding the blockchain technology and investing their money without a known basis, crypto investment as well as investment for the long term.
Activity: 554
Merit: 11
CurioInvest [IEO Live]

The price of tokens of new projects is primarily affected by Ethereum. The reason is that new projects are most often produced on the basis of the Blockchain of this particular coin.
Activity: 811
Merit: 250
predicting the price of bitcoin and altcoin is not as easy as imagined, although there is a lot of information obtained, new small investments are profitable if they are lucky and when large investments fall and make investors poor.
Activity: 335
Yes, this is true. Investors who entered the cryptocurrency after March of this year have basically lost more than 90% of their assets, some are even more crazy, and hundreds of thousands of dollars have become hundreds of dollars. This year is a year of cryptocurrency downturn.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

huge investors who got special bonuses like 50% in the private sale dump the coin bags to realise their gains so this caused the dump in the coin price. so i will say that it is the investors who dump the coin price not the buyers
Activity: 230
Merit: 2
XCRYPT
These days, I'm even scared to invest in any ICO projects.Virtually all projects I've seen fall drastically below the ICO price when they hit exchanges. And this is a very terrible occurence for investors. They tend to lose lots of money when it comes to this issue.
Pages:
Jump to: