Pages:
Author

Topic: McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 2. (Read 8427 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114
December 27, 2017, 11:54:23 PM
if true this is good news. the possibility of btc will be widely known again and I also hope in my country like that.

This won't work really well. As you can see, Bitcoin is currently suffering super slow confirmation of transactions, because of its congested network. The more Bitcoin become popular and widely used, there will be a lot of transactions that will pile up to Bitcoin's blockchain, which will cause a massive chaos within the Bitcoin network. We know that McDonalds is a fast food restaurant with a fast pace style of environment and that is one of the reasons they became pretty popular, "Serving your food, seconds after you ordered". I couldn't imagine someone, ordering a food, handle his / her BTC payment, then will wait for a whole 30 minutes or worst 1 hour just to get the food because of an unconfirmed transaction. This might ruin what McDonalds has established.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 11:25:08 PM
Bitcoin as a payment method, can only contemplate with high end restaurants (fine dining) which doesn't require speed as customers intended to stay for a long period of time. Unlike with McDonalds, most of the people that go there were in a hurry. This will only be applicable if a branch has deliveries and the one who call (ordered the food) is willing to wait. But, if its done within the restaurant itself, then that will be a massive chaos. There will be a huge possibility that they will receive a lot of complaints from customers that couldn't get their food because of a delayed BTC payment.
Activity: 42
December 27, 2017, 10:24:26 PM
will be of extreme importance for the currency appreciation in 2018 market giants, like Mc donalds and Amazon accept bitcoin
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
December 27, 2017, 10:20:51 PM
Woah !! But I don't think it will work. when you were going to pay for the food you have eaten in that fastfood, you can afford or should I say we can afford to pay for that BUT ! If there were no fees. If you have to order for a little just for yourself and the fee is higher than the price of food of what you've bought.
This won't work.!
McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018. This is a good news with community bitcoin because this is prove bitcoin more and more popular and many people knew bitcoin that will accept in the world in short time. But now can't buy fastfood of McDonalds with bitcoin because transaction's fee is too high. You can buy fastfood with $30 fees. Further, the time to transaction confirmed too long. I think McDonalds only accept Bitcoin when it is fix those problems. Hopeful it will have bright future for bitcoin.
Activity: 52
December 27, 2017, 10:11:02 PM
This is great news, is this isolated to a specific town or will be done across the corporation?
Activity: 329
Merit: 3
December 27, 2017, 10:09:55 PM
That would be very nice for bitcoin holders to use their digital coins in sending payments but the fact that bitcoin transaction fees are too expensive and it really takes a lot of time before it came into your wallets, well most of the time based from what I had experienced, then it would not be advisable to use bitcoin as payment for your meals Sad

That could be a very nice strategy by McDonalds by accepting payments through bitcoin in 2018 because we can not deny the fact that digit currency are soon to be a new payment coin  in a digital form.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 27, 2017, 10:07:08 PM
in 2018 fees will be over $100 worth for one tx with current dynamic. hows that sounds like a good idea?
Activity: 57
Merit: 1
December 27, 2017, 10:05:10 PM
That would be very nice for bitcoin holders to use their digital coins in sending payments but the fact that bitcoin transaction fees are too expensive and it really takes a lot of time before it came into your wallets, well most of the time based from what I had experienced, then it would not be advisable to use bitcoin as payment for your meals Sad
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 27, 2017, 09:57:15 PM
In Japan, the most likely start)
Activity: 140
Merit: 8
December 27, 2017, 09:47:48 PM
Love their breakfast hashbrowns and sausage burritos. I hope other fast food places follow and start accepting crypto.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 259
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 27, 2017, 09:12:41 PM
if true this is good news. the possibility of btc will be widely known again and I also hope in my country like that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
December 27, 2017, 09:03:47 PM
I agree that this will be possible once the Lightning Network is implemented, but for now it's impractical due to the very high fees for transactions. It's just not worth doing transactions in bitcoin under $100 anymore.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 27, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
Time to grab a happy meal for some very small fraction of a bitcoin. But wait! Transaction fees could make the happy meal cost twice as much as it is supposed to!  Angry

And you could wait a couple of days to get your transactions confirmed Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 08:53:31 PM
Time to grab a happy meal for some very small fraction of a bitcoin. But wait! Transaction fees could make the happy meal cost twice as much as it is supposed to!  Angry
Activity: 38
December 27, 2017, 08:47:23 PM
Nice! When you did your order there is one price but when you finished your hamburger - MacDonalds owns you and you will be washing the plates there till the end of times Smiley
Activity: 308
December 26, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
Why not buy a burger with double price (bitcoin fee fact)

Current time its not possible to make local shop transaction ! i think this news are fake !! Huh
Activity: 266
Merit: 107
December 26, 2017, 01:14:06 PM
Woah !! But I don't think it will work. when you were going to pay for the food you have eaten in that fastfood, you can afford or should I say we can afford to pay for that BUT ! If there were no fees. If you have to order for a little just for yourself and the fee is higher than the price of food of what you've bought.
This won't work.!
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
December 26, 2017, 01:13:13 PM
If this is true, I think it's great, a good news for Bitcoin users around the world. McDonald's is a well-known business conglomerate that is present in many developed countries around the world. Bitcoin is increasingly spreading and becoming widely available to everyone. Being selected as a payment method by McDonald's will likely increase its popularity and value. But I still do not see the official information, maybe we will have to wait to know more
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
December 26, 2017, 01:11:28 PM
This would be good for Bitcoin. Bitcoin will become more famous if this happens. But, I have a question for you. Will you pay your Bitcoin for any goods McDonald’s is serving? Your Bitcoin will be wasted if you do that, am I right? We all know the value of Bitcoin and its potential. I will hold my Bitcoin rather than using it as a payment for goods or services.
Activity: 109
December 26, 2017, 01:07:49 PM
Yes.....
But not directly bitcoin...
Maybe in the future...
You can convert bitcoins into mc Donald points where in you can claims items using your membership card....
Pages:
Jump to: