Pages:
Author

Topic: [MCN] MonetaVerde CryptoNote based. Merged mining with BCN/FCN/QCN/XMR - page 3. (Read 34884 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Just a short update on the GUI wallet I'm working on. The proof of concept is working fine. I just have some tweaking to do with how the daemon and wallet initializes.

I'm also figuring out how I should package the release. If I do it as open source, anyone could take the code and actually just apply it to any other cryptonote, and as for now my focus is on MCN so I'm not sure if I should do that immediately. Any input would be appreciated.

You must be joking.

If it is not open source nobody with sense will download it, especially with a cn coin.

Thank you for your input. I'm almost positive it will be open source then. It will come pre-packaged with MCN and instructions on how to get it to work with other cryptonote currencies. I'm on vacation this week and will release everything next week.

If you release an open source wallet for mcn that can work with other cn currencies, and it is attractive to users and does not have too many bugs, it could be a game changer for cn.

The big flaw remains that most people, 90%+, want to be able to see their transactions and balances on the blockchain. So unless and until that option exists cn will be limited but a good wallet will at least make the coin useable for more people.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Just a short update on the GUI wallet I'm working on. The proof of concept is working fine. I just have some tweaking to do with how the daemon and wallet initializes.

I'm also figuring out how I should package the release. If I do it as open source, anyone could take the code and actually just apply it to any other cryptonote, and as for now my focus is on MCN so I'm not sure if I should do that immediately. Any input would be appreciated.

You must be joking.

If it is not open source nobody with sense will download it, especially with a cn coin.

Thank you for your input. I'm almost positive it will be open source then. It will come pre-packaged with MCN and instructions on how to get it to work with other cryptonote currencies. I'm on vacation this week and will release everything next week.
Activity: 2

You must be joking.

Activity: 350
Merit: 254
Currently MCN is in its very early stages and its rare for such a project to get so much attention so quickly. Given this fact the currency is volatile and the swings can be quick a deep, that being said there is a lot of serious money invested in XMR so you know your not going to buy a shitcoin that goes down to 1% of your investment.

sure do agree with that, and i'm excited people here are willing to create the infrastructure to move things on, my expertise are limited but i say good luck! once there are more tools it'll be an easier task to get some excitement happening at least!
Activity: 243
Merit: 100

MCN hashrate is climbing. I was really hoping that the crypto-note-universal pool software would be updated by now to support merge-mining, but they haven't figured it out yet. If anyone has any insights as to how minergate figured it out, please speak up!

Activity: 4
By the way, how long does MCN have this logo? no thoughts to change it?

Do you have any ideas for new one? Do we need a logo contest?

To all: sorry for not answering your questions for so long. I'm back from unexpected trip and ready to support you and to continue coin development and promotion.

To all: This is my favorite...
The Dev pulls out of a drinking binge long enough for this idiotic post...
No, man, we need to shave out nuts and have a potato sack race.

MCN has been some kind of scam from Day One...
They pop up out of nowhere with a LOT of hashing power and BUY an instant slot on Polo...
Dump that shit and then let the coin death spiral 99% to basically zero.

The botnet is gone... everybody can move on to the next CryptoNote scam.

Your warning might have been useful when the price was high, but now market cap for mcn is about two btc.

If there is a sudden public rush into crypto the smallest cap coins will benefit the most.

It is a matter of holding viable low cap coins that will not go dead before the stampede. Mcn at least has a clever tweak to adjust supply to demand. If it gets past this dry spell it might do well.
Activity: 4
I'm expecting a larger market cap once it becomes apparent that MCN is very useful right now with no changes to other CN coins! A lot of exchanges will trade crypto pairs without identification. If you have CN you can sign up and trade it for MCN. Then you open another exchange account and sell the MCN for other CN. There will be nothing linking old CN coins with new CN coins. The trail goes cold in MCN!

The feature you are touting, extreme anonymity, has no market. It is an idiot feature. mcn and other cn coins are surviveable only to the extent they can attract mainstream support and there is no mainstream support for such a feature.

Bitcoin has sufficient anonymity for any user.

Criminals are not even interested in this kind of extreme anonymity.

The only people pushing such extreme and unnecessary privacy algos are government wanks who set up these barely credible projects to justify their salaries and pretend to catch criminals.

If you ignore the murky origin of cn, you must admit that it may be a good algo even if it has a hidden access point. The cryptographers who developed it are probably among the best at whatever agency. The coin and the algo may have potential, but spammers like you who push obscure agendas are killing it.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
By the way, how long does MCN have this logo? no thoughts to change it?

Do you have any ideas for new one? Do we need a logo contest?

To all: sorry for not answering your questions for so long. I'm back from unexpected trip and ready to support you and to continue coin development and promotion.

To all: This is my favorite...
The Dev pulls out of a drinking binge long enough for this idiotic post...
No, man, we need to shave out nuts and have a potato sack race.

MCN has been some kind of scam from Day One...
They pop up out of nowhere with a LOT of hashing power and BUY an instant slot on Polo...
Dump that shit and then let the coin death spiral 99% to basically zero.

The botnet is gone... everybody can move on to the next CryptoNote scam.

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Currently MCN is in its very early stages and its rare for such a project to get so much attention so quickly. Given this fact the currency is volatile and the swings can be quick a deep, that being said there is a lot of serious money invested in XMR so you know your not going to buy a shitcoin that goes down to 1% of your investment.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
You can trust me, I have an avatar
Activity: 26
I'm expecting a larger market cap once it becomes apparent that MCN is very useful right now with no changes to other CN coins! A lot of exchanges will trade crypto pairs without identification. If you have CN you can sign up and trade it for MCN. Then you open another exchange account and sell the MCN for other CN. There will be nothing linking old CN coins with new CN coins. The trail goes cold in MCN!

Being able to trade other coins against MCN is itself a valuable use (speculation) for the coin that puts it ahead of just about every other coin. What makes a coin valuable ultimately is that it is useful, and these trading pairs are an important milestone on that path for MonertaVerde.

I see MCN as useful right now even though it can't be spend anywhere! MCN to me is more of a plug-in then a alternative currency. MCN can be plugged into (traded) with any currency that needs privacy.
Activity: 27

Being able to trade other coins against MCN is itself a valuable use (speculation) for the coin that puts it ahead of just about every other coin. What makes a coin valuable ultimately is that it is useful, and these trading pairs are an important milestone on that path for MonertaVerde.
Activity: 21
Activity: 27
We need MonetaVerde shirts, imma rock that this summer.  Grin
Activity: 13
MonetaVerde is a good coin. Buy and hold long term. Bitcoin seems to be locked in downtrend, that could last for weeks.

Already seen it today. MCN is holding up very good for a coin launched a month ago. Wouldn't be suprise to see another run up to in a few days.
Activity: 19
MonetaVerde is a good coin. Buy and hold long term. Bitcoin seems to be locked in downtrend, that could last for weeks.
Activity: 16
Just realized how much potential this altcoin really have.  I'mining a lot right now.
Activity: 25
I think MonetaVerde and some other CN coins would profit if a bitcoin bubble happens, but a little bit delayed. Part of the BTC bubble money will go to MCN. If bitcoin bubbles, many new rich people will be created that are already aware of MCN and CN. This will give very much up pressure and I think also a lot of competition in the mining business (since people get 10x more fiat, means 10x more mining power for the same amount of BTC, difficulty will explode). But everything will be delayed. I think this kind of delayed movement is good visible witch LTC during the last BTC bubble. The delay will not be long, maybe 3-7 banking days, since also fiat has to be moved.
Activity: 59
This bitch is gonna launch any second. Im buying!!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
I remember in end of May, Poloniex toolbox was full of QCN is new Darkcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: