Pages:
Author

Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine... Revolution. - page 8. (Read 227070 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
December 11, 2015, 08:52:26 AM
Hehehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntx0aZyu5Lc

Ukrainian parliament is so civilized. Cheesy
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
October 02, 2015, 05:38:26 PM
There was a peaceful demonstration in front of the American embassy in Kiev yesterday, where people came with placards, reading "American war hounds out of Ukraine", "Stop destruction of Ukraine" and "Stop the war in Donbass".
legendary
October 01, 2015, 01:59:03 AM
I think that people are just getting tired of the war. Thousands of people have lost their lives, most of them in their 20s and 30s. The economy is damaged beyond any sort of repair. Gas prices have skyrocketed, and imported goods are prohibitively expensive because of the devaluation of the Hryvnia. Those who supported the Maidan are now wondering whether the coup was worth it.

Not just "thousands", but "tens of thousands". Both the government and the rebels have under-stated their loses. According to a German news paper, at least 50,000 people have lost their lives so far in the conflict. That said, a significant part of the population (especially radicals from Lwow and Ternopol) still supports the continuation of war.
It seems that these mindless rednecks from Lviv and Ternopil always want war. I think, some kind of demonstration would be very helpful, something like i.e. few shots from GRAD to their cities.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
October 01, 2015, 01:03:16 AM
I think that people are just getting tired of the war. Thousands of people have lost their lives, most of them in their 20s and 30s. The economy is damaged beyond any sort of repair. Gas prices have skyrocketed, and imported goods are prohibitively expensive because of the devaluation of the Hryvnia. Those who supported the Maidan are now wondering whether the coup was worth it.

Not just "thousands", but "tens of thousands". Both the government and the rebels have under-stated their loses. According to a German news paper, at least 50,000 people have lost their lives so far in the conflict. That said, a significant part of the population (especially radicals from Lwow and Ternopol) still supports the continuation of war.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 30, 2015, 11:21:11 PM
Bottom line Russia will talk its way out, and get what ever it wants and more and most likely Poland will be next on the list Then Hungary, Romania and who knows who else while the Russians rebuild themselves
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
September 30, 2015, 05:51:11 PM
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 30, 2015, 03:48:07 PM
Such a beautiful country ruined by the NATO (political side) & Russians (land side) !
Hope it will recover from this mess soon!

Looking at the situation in Ukraine, I really doubt whether that will be possible even in the long term. The American corporations are looting the natural resources of Ukraine with impunity. Millions of hectares of farmland has been given out on long term leases. Even the top soil is being stolen, and shipped to Western nations using gigantic cargo ships.
Western ''democratic'' countries never gives money to poorer countries because they love them or try to help people. NEVER.
It is a sort of a control, ''economic invasion'' in other words and of course they love sucking the oil, natural resources and everything that a country has till the last drop!
But also Russia made many mistakes with her sister in the past and even now..
The massive destruction that happened will not be fixed for years...

(i am not pro-Russian nor pro-NATO)
legendary
September 30, 2015, 02:15:41 PM
Such a beautiful country ruined by the NATO (political side) & Russians (land side) !

Looking at the situation in Ukraine, I really doubt whether that will be possible even in the long term. The American corporations are looting the natural resources of Ukraine with impunity. Millions of hectares of farmland has been given out on long term leases. Even the top soil is being stolen, and shipped to Western nations using gigantic cargo ships.
legendary
September 30, 2015, 01:24:30 PM

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
September 26, 2015, 03:16:59 PM
Meanwhile, Ukraine lost crimea (forever) , lost a part of the south-eastern provinces (at least), lack of money, still dependant with Gazprom, corruption will never end, violence... etc

During the last century Ukraine's territory was growing steadily at the cost of Russian lands (as well as, to a lesser degree, Hungarian and Polish), so call it karma. Smiley

The only blame that I can lay on Russia for the current mess in Ukraine, is that Russia did not intervene much earlier, and gave the likes of Nudelman and Biden the free run of the country for so many years. Once Russia was back on track after the desolation of the 90s, it should have paid a much closer attention to what was being done to its closest (in all aspects - economical, cultural, territorial, ethnic) neighbour.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
September 26, 2015, 03:08:52 PM
Meanwhile, Ukraine lost crimea (forever) , lost a part of the south-eastern provinces (at least), lack of money, still dependant with Gazprom, corruption will never end, violence... etc

legendary
September 26, 2015, 02:55:11 PM
A short report from the madhouse that is Ukraine.
I previously told about how Yatsenjuk "blockaded" Crimea, thus harming Ukrainian farmers and truck driver.

Now Yatsenjuk forbade Russian airline companies to fly in Ukrainian airspace (even though such decision legally is not within his jurisdiction). Ukraine will lose transit fees from passing Russian air traffic. Aeroflot will not be able to fly route Kiev-Moscow. About 80% of the passengers on this route are Ukrainian citizens, who work in Russia. These will have to fly a detour through, for example, Amsterdam (EU transit visa needed) or Dubai, incurring additional costs to these Ukrainians.

As a Ukrainian/Russian saying goes, "I'll freeze off my nose to spite grandma". This is exactly what is happening in Ukraine.
legendary
September 26, 2015, 12:04:07 PM

ROFLMAO. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Officials such as Petro Poroshenko and Arseniy Yatsenyuk are only getting the leftovers, thrown towards them by the American corporations and career politicians such as Hunter Biden. The Americans are plundering the natural wealth of Ukraine, and no one will realize it until it is all over.
legendary
September 13, 2015, 03:14:45 PM
In Moldova, the people of Transinistria wants to be part of Russia.

Transnistria is already an independent country, outside the control of the Moldovan government. However, there is another restive province called Gagauzia, which is trying to break away from Moldova right now. As of now, the province is controlled by Moldova. But the population is strongly pro-Russian, and they want to break away. 
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
September 10, 2015, 05:13:23 PM
Right now it's Russia, Ukraine and Moldova. In Moldova, the people of Transinistria wants to be part of Russia. The US has put sanctions on Russian officials. And in Ukraine, Ukrainian soldiers are battling pro-Russian militants in the east. If this turns into a war between NATO and Russia, then this war is basically the next World War. The eventual outcome would seem to be that the Ukraine will lose about 1/3rd of its remaining territory, having already lost the Crimea.
legendary
September 07, 2015, 11:31:07 AM
The level of hypocrisy in the following is so off the scale, that it's mind-boggling!

Head of IMF Lagard, who is now in Ukraine said in a statement that Ukraine demonstrates incredible signs of strengthening of its macroeconomy, that Ukraine surprised the world with its achievements in such a short timespan:

http://regnum.ru/news/economy/1964135.html

Yeah, right. I wonder who this info is aimed at? The "international investors" know about the ruined state of Ukrainian economy, which is past the default threshold.

I can say one thing. Russia faced the same type of praise from the West during Yeltsin's Wild 90s, when Russia was close to complete collapse both economically and as a state.

Russia refuses to write off Ukrainian debt (but will provide gas at a discounted price):

Russia not a hedge fund - Ukraine should pay debt in full
http://www.rt.com/business/314649-russia-ukraine-debt-payment/

Russia will not enter into negotiations on restructuring Ukrainian debt, said Finance Minister Anton Siluanov, and Kiev must repay the $3 billion it owes Moscow in full by the December deadline.

"The $3 billion that we invested should be returned to Russia at the end of the year. We want to invest the funds in infrastructure and other projects, important to Russia. We need the money, especially in the present circumstances...Therefore we demand from our colleagues to return the full amount of the debt in accordance with the schedule,” said the minister on Monday.

‘Ukraine situation depends on its people’s patience, not on Russia’ – Putin
http://www.rt.com/politics/314397-situation-in-ukraine-depends-on/

President Vladimir Putin has said that the further development of the Ukrainian crisis depended on the patience of the Ukrainian people, who might one day decide to end the “bacchanalia” performed by the Kiev regime.

“This does not depend on us, this depends on Ukraine itself and on the Ukrainian people – on how long the Ukrainian people will be able to put up with this bacchanalia,” Putin said when asked by reporters if he had an opinion on future development of the events in Ukraine.

Putin added that in his view the Ukrainian people had reason to be discontent.

“I consider it an insult to the Ukrainian people that their country has been put under foreign management – all key positions in the government and now in regional administrations are now occupied by foreigners. Is it possible that Ukraine is lacking civilized and honest people and qualified managers? I think there are such people in this country.”

Couldn't have said it better myself....
legendary
September 02, 2015, 09:36:37 AM
Kiev may announce default is Rada does not approve the debt restructuring proposition:
http://ria.ru/world/20150902/1224714086?74837484

Shouldn't Ukraine have defaulted looong ago?
Pages:
Jump to: