Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit system should be removed ! - page 2. (Read 1657 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 126
May 05, 2018, 01:26:35 AM
You are against with this system because it's hard to rank up right? I feel you or rather we feel you but we are trying hard to get what we deserve instead of complaining. Believe to me, your complain is nonsense after all.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 05, 2018, 12:13:08 AM
Personally I fully supported the introduction of this merit system right from outset, I believed the idea has brought sanity with regards to shitposting which  floods across all sections of the forum especially one liner posters, this forum is very resourceful as far as crytocurrencies is concerned and I have learnt so many things lately from quality postings.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
May 04, 2018, 11:42:46 PM
Something definitely should be done. I just read in another thread someone receiving 90 merits in one day from one guy, for short generic posts. Yet from my point of view getting just one merit, even from quality posts seems impossible. So it doesn't add up. It seems that the people receiving merits are people taking advantage of something.

That might be a case of merit farming or it can be a legitimate merit worthy post. I cant comment more since you did not site the reference to this and I am not sure if you are making up facts from thin air considering all the whining that is happening about merit in the recent days. If it was a case of merit farming - report it and it will marked with red so as to render it incapable of joining any signature campaign or so.

I doubt if there are more than 150 posts worthy of merit. It's the other 8,000+ posts that are the problem, and the reason that a merit system has become essential.
Maybe just 10-20 posts per day are worth getting merits IMO.

I was definitely not making it up (yes I know, that's still not proof), but it was from another thread in the meta section. The post was short and low quality.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 07:56:15 AM
Merit system should not! If you are here just to earn some "free" bitcoin without learning you shouldnt be here this forum is forum prioritize learning and if you dont have the patience of waiting and learning no one will stop you to leave this forum.

We all know how hard it is, but for sure it is worthy to spend time to make it.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 04, 2018, 07:45:22 AM
Something definitely should be done. I just read in another thread someone receiving 90 merits in one day from one guy, for short generic posts. Yet from my point of view getting just one merit, even from quality posts seems impossible. So it doesn't add up. It seems that the people receiving merits are people taking advantage of something.

That might be a case of merit farming or it can be a legitimate merit worthy post. I cant comment more since you did not site the reference to this and I am not sure if you are making up facts from thin air considering all the whining that is happening about merit in the recent days. If it was a case of merit farming - report it and it will marked with red so as to render it incapable of joining any signature campaign or so.

I doubt if there are more than 150 posts worthy of merit. It's the other 8,000+ posts that are the problem, and the reason that a merit system has become essential.
Maybe just 10-20 posts per day are worth getting merits IMO.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
May 03, 2018, 11:53:30 PM
Theymos will not remove this merit system anymore, since it has been a great result here in the forum, It was a pleasure to read it today and reduce the no-frills word that has been a great help for this merit system, What he sees if he can do is to reduce the need for merit to make it easier to rank up, he limped out of this merit system, just as I think this merit system is designed for us as well, so as to be our basis so we should improve ourselves in this field.
Activity: 68
Merit: 2
May 03, 2018, 01:55:45 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
May 03, 2018, 12:45:41 PM
Although I am new to this forum, I personally feel merit is a very good system. Not just reducing spam but it can also indirectly tells you how experience is the particular member and you can follow their post for "Golden Nuggets Airdrops"
Activity: 476
Merit: 359
May 03, 2018, 12:07:32 PM
8400 posts and i can assure you that there are not many meritorious posts from that. The strategies that can reduce spam ( that i can think of) are :
1. Jr. Member can only join social media bounty
2. Signature bounty or campaign can only be joined by member and upper ranks.
3. Make buying and selling account as an ilegal things in official rules.
You may say im a hypocrite because i wear signature, but believe me, i earn this sr. Member rank in this merit system by trying hard to contribute to this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com
May 03, 2018, 10:50:49 AM
I doubt that there are more than 150 merit sources here and everyday the forum averages 8,400 posts, there is no way that these merit sources can cover the bulk of these posts. Hopefully themos adds more sources, especially thos with hi?'

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 03, 2018, 10:38:59 AM
I am in agreement with some of this. There is a real need for changes where the merit system is concerned, the main problem i see with the system is that there aren't enough merit sources.
People can apply as merit sources as well. There is a procedure for this which has been posted by themyos on their first post about merit. Problem is not many people are willing to take this up or many application are still left out here unreviewed.

Most of the users on the forum have just about enough merit on their accounts to maintain their rank therefore they wont be handing out merit
Merit - permanent.
sMerit - spendable thus temporary.
I think you are confused between these two. Merits of a member will never decrease once gained. sMerits will be used up gradually as they spend them. sMerits of merit sources are refilled every month (gradually I think).

The only group of people that can routinely hand out merit when they see posts that deserve it are merit sources. I doubt that there are more than 150 merit sources here and everyday the forum averages 8,400 posts, there is no way that these merit sources can cover the bulk of these posts. Hopefully theymos adds more sources, especially those who are active in local boards.
Theymos is welcoming local board communities to appoint merit sources.

In general there is no use crying about merits. It will take time but in the meantime shitposting will reduce.
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
May 03, 2018, 06:05:12 AM
perhaps the merit system needs reform and revision for the newcomers, but the very idea of assessing the quality of posts is good. If you look at the statistics, the number of users on the form has doubled in the last year and the administration must somehow manage a huge amount of spam and garbage posts.

I am in agreement with some of this. There is a real need for changes where the merit system is concerned, the main problem i see with the system is that there aren't enough merit sources. Most of the users on the forum have just about enough merit on their accounts to maintain their rank therefore they wont be handing out merit. The only group of people that can routinely hand out merit when they see posts that deserve it are merit sources. I doubt that there are more than 150 merit sources here and everyday the forum averages 8,400 posts, there is no way that these merit sources can cover the bulk of these posts. Hopefully theymos adds more sources, especially those who are active in local boards.

edit: there are only 79 merit sources on the forum that has averages 8,400 posts per day
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
May 03, 2018, 06:03:01 AM
perhaps the merit system needs reform and revision for the newcomers, but the very idea of assessing the quality of posts is good. If you look at the statistics, the number of users on the form has doubled in the last year and the administration must somehow manage a huge amount of spam and garbage posts.

I am in agreement with some of this. There is a real need for changes where the merit system is concerned, the main problem i see with the system is that there aren't enough merit sources. Most of the users on the forum have just about enough merit on their accounts to maintain their rank therefore they wont be handing out merit. The only group of people that can routinely hand out merit when they see posts that deserve it are merit sources. I doubt that there are more than 150 merit sources here and everyday the forum averages 8,400 posts, there is no way that these merit sources can cover the bulk of these posts. Hopefully themos adds more sources, especially thos with hi?'

1st post in 8 months and you are talking about merit? did you purchase this account by any chance?

I've been busy with school for the longest while, however, im back home for the holidays with a lot of free time on my hands.

ps. the post you quoted wasn't complete, it was posted accidentally
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
May 03, 2018, 05:58:47 AM

I am in agreement with some of this. There is a real need for changes where the merit system is concerned, the main problem i see with the system is that there aren't enough merit sources. Most of the users on the forum have just about enough merit on their accounts to maintain their rank therefore they wont be handing out merit. The only group of people that can routinely hand out merit when they see posts that deserve it are merit sources. I doubt that there are more than 150 merit sources here and everyday the forum averages 8,400 posts, there is no way that these merit sources can cover the bulk of these posts. Hopefully themos adds more sources, especially thos with hi?'

1st post in 8 months and you are talking about merit? did you purchase this account by any chance?
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 02:18:26 AM
personally me think merit system should not be there and ranks should be done via there post counts and quality of its posts

as of its too hard for new comers too to gather merits from old members who always do trades and exchange merit only for them but the person who is new and if he dont has btc to exchange then its less chance for him even after posting quality post on bitcointalk forum

lol now dont give me merit for this i know the points which me said is true and many will agree Tongue

Instead of starting this kind of topic, start doing your research and find some article/s or idea/s that will help the bitcointalk community. I started from the scratch (0 merit) just like you. If you focus on just earning merits, you will feel that earning it, is so difficult. But, if you focus on learning, you will enjoy your time here. There are so many ideas that you can contribute in our community, you just need to find your happiness or your strength, e.g., you are good on making infographics, about blockchain, cryptography or anything that you are good at(of course related to bitcoin). I am sure you will earn your merit if you just contribute without thinking any return (merit). Knowledge is power.

I like this post. helpful and giving advice.
too heavy when we think about how to get merit. live what it is according to the command and the rules of the game. there you will get it all.
thank you
Activity: 121
May 03, 2018, 12:41:55 AM
No need to remove merit, let us stay in Jr. Member forever, isn't it great?? Ranking is pain in the ass, if you rank up everybody will check your profile, check everyone who gives you merits trace this individual if you have return some merit to them and you will be given a mark with merit farmer.  Isn't that stupid? Then they will check your post and judge it by their high standard then they will say many drama that you don't deserves merit, there are better post than this deserves for merit, are they stupid? They will monitor also everyone whom you.award your sMerit then they will say it is your alt.acount but it's your neigbors account and you'd like to share them one or two merit you have for their nice post then this people mark you both, isn't that stupidity? Yeah some here are more stupider than me... man's up!!!!?Huh
Another merit complainer?
If you have the ability to compose helpful, good written-English threads, you will earn merits undoubtly.
And no one in the forum can complain you that you earn those merit points illegally. The fact is only illegal merit receivers feel worried about their behaviours, their merit history, and only those ones will be reported, red tagged by other forum users.
Let's change your minds first, then learn how to earn merits legally alongside with improving your current level of knowledge and skills.
I suggest you to learn from iasenko (use forum search or Google to find that guy and his helpful topic on how to rank up in the forum after the launch of merit system).

Good luck, fella.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
No need to remove merit, let us stay in Jr. Member forever, isn't it great?? Ranking is pain in the ass, if you rank up everybody will check your profile, check everyone who gives you merits trace this individual if you have return some merit to them and you will be given a mark with merit farmer.  Isn't that stupid? Then they will check your post and judge it by their high standard then they will say many drama that you don't deserves merit, there are better post than this deserves for merit, are they stupid? They will monitor also everyone whom you.award your sMerit then they will say it is your alt.acount but it's your neigbors account and you'd like to share them one or two merit you have for their nice post then this people mark you both, isn't that stupidity? Yeah some here are more stupider than me... man's up!!!!?Huh
Activity: 546
May 02, 2018, 06:17:05 PM
The new comers  coming in, should be focused on knowing their way around here and how to get the right information from the forum. The forum was not built for merit system. What the forum was built for is for learning and provisions are made for that for the new comers.
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
May 02, 2018, 04:46:31 PM
In your dreams. That wouldn't happen. There has been a considerable amount of improved post quality since the merit system was introduced. People have even gone as far as dropping posts with graphs and all, and given extensive responses. So I would say that it has worked to an extent. However, I would support you if you said that merit outlets should be increased. i.e. number of merits, and the accounts/people who can give merits to others should be increased, as there are loads of quality posts which go unnoticed due to very few people having the power to give merits.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
May 02, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
Yes I agree with your opinion the merit system should be abolished because it is too difficult for us newcomers to get the merit now and this is only beneficial for the old account users not for us.
Thanks for repeating what OP says and condensing it down into one tiny asinine post.

"it's so hard to get merit!"

Why do you need merit? To rank up? Why do you need to rank up? To join signature campaigns? Then do you really care about contributing to the forum?
Pages:
Jump to: