Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 16. (Read 94914 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
+1 Luckily mine works, but that is hardly the point. It's like ordering one of these

And getting delivered one of these:

Activity: 391
How do you explain the dust on the fan and all over the inside? As well as tatty stickers stuck over other tatty stickers?

These units are clearly not new.

Right!!!

I paid a premium price for the A2Mini and I expect brand new equipment and not some worn out stuff that looks like it has been standing in a desert for some months. 
Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Ow boy.. My replacement blade is on it's way. It better work or I will do whatever it takes to get my money back.
How do you explain the dust on the fan and all over the inside? As well as tatty stickers stuck over other tatty stickers?

These units are clearly not new.
Activity: 244
That's bad news. Mine was clearly used as well, but at least mine is functional. It's time they stopped selling stuff as new with a new price tag. Perhaps that is how they can still make a profit at this price, because they are getting them cheap

Well I don't know exactly what you mean, I paid the full amount for it. Maybe they got a special price for these, I don't know.
Maybe I can get it to run, but with these damaged capacitors there is a chance that it soon will break down.

When they don't come with a satisfactory solution I will return it and try to get my money back.

Hi, This A2MINI seems to be damaged during transportation. as they all have been tested.  we have now asked our shipping warehouse to purchased more wrapping protections.

That's bad news. Mine was clearly used as well, but at least mine is functional. It's time they stopped selling stuff as new with a new price tag. Perhaps that is how they can still make a profit at this price, because they are getting them cheap

Well I don't know exactly what you mean, I paid the full amount for it. Maybe they got a special price for these, I don't know.
Maybe I can get it to run, but with these damaged capacitors there is a chance that it will soon break down.

When they don't come with a satisfactory solution I will return it and try to get my money back.
Well it came in. It has a lot of scratches and looks very dirty. But what is worse, the electrolytic capacitors on one of the blades are damaged.
One of the heat-sinks is bent, it looks like it took a heavy blow. It looks like shit.
They cannot sell this for $3900,-
I will see whether it it can be repaired, otherwise I will ship it back.

The housing of the ATX PSU is also bent. It looks like it has been used for months. What a mess.

Edit: I just sent them a mail, the way it looks is not acceptable. Maybe I can restore it a little bit and replace the capacitors. But for $3900,- you would expect to get a new device and not something that is heavily used and worn out already.

He is probably parked at your nearest McDonalds having lunch

Last time I saw him enter one of the houses at the end of my street and stayed there for almost one half hour.
I wonder what he did there, drinking coffee perhaps?
He is probably parked at your nearest McDonalds having lunch
Yes, they said between 11.45 and 12.45 local time.
Do they let you know what time they are coming?
 They're always late.  Angry
The van from DPD can arrive any minute now!
Yup power and noise too high
A2Mini is getting cheaper, Insmart is now selling single units for $3k.
With this price it can be worthwhile to get them directly from China.

Why not buy a thunder? Its only 2100 dollar.

That is something I will never consider, too much power and heat, and a lot of noise. My wife will throw me out.
Now it is rather cool in Holland, but when it really gets hot you'll probably need air conditioning to run it, and that costs additional power as well.
Best is to run it in a data center, but that is something I don't have.

Edit:
IMHO hosting in not a viable option, you need to have physical control over your hardware.
When I see all these hosting problems at GAWMiners I'm very happy that I didn't take that route.

I had a Falcon ordered from GAW, but when I saw Zeus messed up with their power consumption I canceled it immediately.
Pages:
Jump to: