Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 17. (Read 94914 times)

legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
A2Mini is getting cheaper, Insmart is now selling single units for $3k.
With this price it can be worthwhile to get them directly from China.

Why not buy a thunder? Its only 2100 dollar.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
A2Mini is getting cheaper, Insmart is now selling single units for $3k.
With this price it can be worthwhile to get them directly from China.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Just put GD900 thermal grease between the silicone sheet and the heat sinks, as well as on the chips.
One chip had so little thermal grease on it that the scorch marks could be seen on the silicone.....

Seems to have better cooling resulting in a 1-2 degree lower average.

When the small heat sinks for the voltage regulator arrive I will put those on as well  Smiley

Some time ago I ordered 32 of these mini heat-sinks from Zalman but they are still not here.
When my new Mini has arrived and works I will take the old one apart to improve upon the cooling and install the new PSU.
I just can't life with the idea that there is nothing hashing, even when it is for a couple of hours. I don't count the Fury's in that.

Mje... I can relate to that  Roll Eyes
Just put GD900 thermal grease between the silicone sheet and the heat sinks, as well as on the chips.
One chip had so little thermal grease on it that the scorch marks could be seen on the silicone.....

When the small heat sinks for the voltage regulator arrive I will put those on as well  Smiley

Some time ago I ordered 32 of these mini heat-sinks from Zalman but they are still not here.
When my new Mini has arrived and works I will take the old one apart to improve upon the cooling and install the new PSU.
I just can't life with the idea that there is nothing hashing, even when it is for a couple of hours. I don't count the Fury's in that.

Activity: 244
There is also a lot of idle current when it is not hashing, but it will certainly help.
Another way could be to turn it completely off with a solid state relay, but that will need some extra electronics.
I keep spending money on these things, at a certain point it has to stop.

You made me think about filling my rooftop with solar panels. I can easily place 24 of them, they will take like 7 years to ROI, at least that is what I read everywhere on the internet. I've been looking at LG MonoX NeoN panels 300W peak.

ideal currently was about 33% of full power consumption when we tested it.
Why the price are a lot cheeper than ebay?
MinerEU.com is a trustworthy seller?

Hi, Alex , not sure why you still purchasing from Ebay, most of EU ebay seller purchase from us and resell on ebay
Guys, the new A2MINI is from a new factory, the previous seriously fucked up and pissed off not only you guys but us as resellers and innosilicon themselves .
Innosilicon was pursuing for compensation from that factory, but was not successful.
But what is important is that you guys get the shinny new A2MINI now, enjoy.

It seems the power usage between the two factories is a lot different, do you (MinerEU) know where that comes from? Is it the PSU, controller, etc? Are the blades exactly the same in both? Please provide more info.

the PSU power efficiency is better . as far as we understand  the design of the calculation board and controller board are exactly the same .
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Do you get paid for producing solar electricity there?

Yes, they pay you the same amount as what pure electricity costs in our country excluding transport costs and tax, about 8 to 9 euro cents per kWh.
It is a bit uncertain whether it will stay like this, the government is talking about grabbing a part of it.
Activity: 434
Do you get paid for producing solar electricity there?
There is also a lot of idle current when it is not hashing, but it will certainly help.
Another way could be to turn it completely off with a solid state relay, but that will need some extra electronics.
I keep spending money on these things, at a certain point it has to stop.

You made me think about filling my rooftop with solar panels. I can easily place 24 of them, they will take like 7 years to ROI, at least that is what I read everywhere on the internet. I've been looking at LG MonoX NeoN panels 300W peak.

Well we can get temperature of both the Pi and the blades (from the cgminer API). It would be no trouble to stop them hashing at certain limits. When not hashing they cool down pretty quickly. Otherwise perhaps the fan can just be hooked directly to the PSU, at least then it removes a component from the chain of potential failure.

A simple script to shutdown the device at a certain temperature may do the job, it would need to be restarted manually though as there would be no way of monitoring the cgminer temp once you've shut it down.

The A2 is now at the Dutch hub from DPD, with a bit of luck I will get it tomorrow afternoon.
Perhaps it is, I shall remeasure tomorrow when I get my Kaze fan. That way they will be almost the same in terms of whats in the box, except for power supply.

I have also noticed that the controller board only has two pin fan headers

So a different controller as well. They don't use the output from the Hall generator anyway.
It's a little bit scary, when the fan fails it will probably take the A2Mini with it.
I've been thinking about a fail safe circuit that turns off the A2 when the fan stops or the blades get too hot.
That shouldn't be too difficult.

Perhaps it is, I shall remeasure tomorrow when I get my Kaze fan. That way they will be almost the same in terms of whats in the box, except for power supply.

I have also noticed that the controller board only has two pin fan headers
It has partly to do with the better power supply.

I measured the power that goes to the blades and that is ~265W for the old version.
With a good power supply it should take ~300W from the wall.
However the new version seems to take ~265W from the wall, and that is strange, maybe it is a fluke.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Guys, the new A2MINI is from a new factory, the previous seriously fucked up and pissed off not only you guys but us as resellers and innosilicon themselves .
Innosilicon was pursuing for compensation from that factory, but was not successful.
But what is important is that you guys get the shinny new A2MINI now, enjoy.

It seems the power usage between the two factories is a lot different, do you (MinerEU) know where that comes from? Is it the PSU, controller, etc? Are the blades exactly the same in both? Please provide more info.
TCM
Activity: 251
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Why the price are a lot cheeper than ebay?
MinerEU.com is a trustworthy seller?
I think the hotter it gets the more power it consumes.

Indeed, when it goes too far you will get a thermal runaway with nice fireworks!
Pages:
Jump to: