Pages:
Author

Topic: MinerEU.com 850USD THunderX3 80 USD Blizzard , 4*Blizzard @ 60 USD each - page 21. (Read 94914 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
As I can't reach [email protected] (overzealous antispam filter that bounces my emails), here is the message I sent 2 days ago to [email protected], posted on the Google group used for support and retried sending to [email protected] a couple of minutes ago (with another bounce) :

Hi,

out of the 3 miners in order #1664, one just died.
The Raspberry is still working fine, but it can't reach the 2 blades at all.
The main fan isn't spinning on startup either. I opened the top panel of
the a2mini to check for any obvious problem but couldn't find any (no
burn trace or physical damage visible).

It seems the problem comes from the controller board : the main fan and
the 2 blades are connected to it and stopped working at the same time
while the Raspberry is working fine.

Is it possible to get a replacement for the controller board ? Better :
can I purchase an additional one on top of the replacement one to avoid
too much downtime in the future if it happens again ?

Best regards,

(sig removed to avoid privacy problems)

How can I proceed to reach minereu.com support and deal with this problem?

You could get the blades working in the mean time by plugging them in (including the fan) the controller of one of your other working miners. It should work then, you then just have a 60 MH/s miner.
Than you know for sure as well it is the controller.

How to contact them otherwise then mail or PM I don't know

Yes I realized that the controller had free ports and I thought about connecting the blades and the fans to another controller (I didn't take the miner apart yet so I didn't find a free port for a second fan though).
What worries me is that I would connect the two PSUs together at least by their ground. They are clearly cheap PSUs and if there's any defect where the grounds aren't properly grounded there will be leakage current and this could fry something. Unless minereu.com tells me it's fine to use the miners like this while waiting for a replacement, I'll probably remove both PSUs and use a common standard PC 80+ Gold PSU instead to avoid any problem, this is far more invasive and I would like to avoid it.

Will try a PM too, thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Well as usual there is a caveat with MinerEU. Firstly the delivery charge has gone up by $2, no biggy there. But instead of next day to the UK, it's now on a two day service. So mine dispatched today is not due with me until Wednesday according to Interlink. But of course it isn't Interlink because they don't do a two day service to UK, it is really DPD.

I'm sure that the cost charged for shipping is probably not enough anyway, but it would be nice to be able to choose the service you want.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
As I can't reach [email protected] (overzealous antispam filter that bounces my emails), here is the message I sent 2 days ago to [email protected], posted on the Google group used for support and retried sending to [email protected] a couple of minutes ago (with another bounce) :

Hi,

Best regards,

You could get the blades working in the mean time by plugging them in (including the fan) the controller of one of your other working miners. It should work then, you then just have a 60 MH/s miner.
Than you know for sure as well it is the controller.

How to contact them otherwise then mail or PM I don't know
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Hi,

Best regards,

Activity: 391
I see no leds on the blade  Huh

Strange on my blades there is a whole row of green SMD LEDS just below the 12V connector.
Well I ordered my 2nd A2 Mini a few hours ago, and I've just had a dispatch notification.

Well I've also got a dispatch notification, and what is more they fully compensated the mining loss I had these past two weeks.
I have to say I was a little depressed about the late shipment and all, but they kept their promises.
Well I ordered my 2nd A2 Mini a few hours ago, and I've just had a dispatch notification.
legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
I see no leds on the blade  Huh
Crap ass chinese PSU! My A2 just broke down Sad well the psu! That in two weeks

The LED on the blades.. what color were they ?

Mine are green, but what difference does this make?

There is a little LED on the chinese PSU, if its green its working of its off its broken.

Yes but JPS2K5 was talking about the LED on the Blades not on the PSU.
legendary

There is a little LED on the chinese PSU, if its green its working of its off its broken.

legendary
I got two Hurrixane X3 on 1600W Lepa PSU. One working @ 14MH other one does 6/7MH no mather what i do, so  i quess its one blade.

Tried it on one raspberry, on two. Tried to use other PSU, same psu without the working one all doenst mather.. Sad

And with the 500MH/s comming i need to ROI fast

You could open it up and see if the daisy-chain usb cable is properly connected between the 2 blades....

Thanks! That was the problem i think! One wire (looks like a fan cable) was loose. Lets see!
Well it's Monday, and the shipment of A2 Minis should be arriving at MinerEU imminently.

Do I re-order one? MinerEU will you have one to ship to me if I order now?
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I got two Hurrixane X3 on 1600W Lepa PSU. One working @ 14MH other one does 6/7MH no mather what i do, so  i quess its one blade.

Tried it on one raspberry, on two. Tried to use other PSU, same psu without the working one all doenst mather.. Sad

You could open it up and see if the daisy-chain usb cable is properly connected between the 2 blades....
legendary

The Scripta Zeus MinerEU version only support 1 Zeus Miner (1 USB device) .  and you need to setup the chip count on the Miner setting tab to make sure it works well.

Can you make a version that works with more than one USB device? That should not be to difficult.
For instance when you have a number of Blizzards, you don't want to need a Raspberry Pi for each one.

The zeusController does work with more then one device.

Yes indeed, that is what I'm using now.
legendary
The Scripta Zeus MinerEU version only support 1 Zeus Miner (1 USB device) .  and you need to setup the chip count on the Miner setting tab to make sure it works well.

Can you make a version that works with more than one USB device? That should not be to difficult.
For instance when you have a number of Blizzards, you don't want to need a Raspberry Pi for each one.

The zeusController does work with more then one device.
The Scripta Zeus MinerEU version only support 1 Zeus Miner (1 USB device) .  and you need to setup the chip count on the Miner setting tab to make sure it works well.

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Let me put this here aswell:

My A2 Mini has been broken for 2 weeks now, after having it up and running for only a week . This was already after you messed up with the ordering and shipping of it in the first place, wich took another 2 weeks.

I want my issue resolved and my A2 up and running BEFORE the end of the week. If you can't make this happen, I have given you enough options and made enough proposals for you to choose one.

Should my A2 not be running at the end of this week, I consider all other options I have proposed null and void, and it will just be a swift refund as the only option.

Good day.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
will u add DHL/UPS shipping anytime soon ?
Pages:
Jump to: