Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Altcoins ? - page 4. (Read 1881 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 102
June 10, 2018, 07:33:15 PM
Hey guys,
I am planning to mine altcoins in the next year. What do you think, is it worth the time and capital ?
Depends on many factors. The local price you pay for electricity, how much you're paying for equipment, the weather and how difficult it is to keep the equipment cold, and most importantly, how much is your ability to hodl your altcoins for the right moment and not selling them immediately.

Mining worked perfect years ago. These days with higher difficulty it's hard to say, but I believe it's still good if you add hodling to it.  Smiley
Exactly. The price that you have to pay for electricity is much high, in my country almost miner all complain about the price this year because it increased significantly. There are many good coins to do mining such as Vertcoin, Hodl coin, Verge and so on . I give you an offer to mine Vertcoin. It includes some reasons. First up, you have much more convenient when mining vertcoin, anyone may mine it to get a benefit. Especially you are able to mine it with a normal computer. Next, Vertcoin uses lightning network for instant blockchain transactions. In a nutshell, you would have more advantages when mining vertcoin. However, I advise you to find more information and have an intimate knowledge before mining any coin.
Activity: 223
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 04:08:30 AM
Hey guys,
I am planning to mine altcoins in the next year. What do you think, is it worth the time and capital ?

According to this, it is very profitable. if not why people mine the coin. but it also depends on your capital, your hardware to mine.
indeed it is also there are risks. But you have to do it carefully.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
June 08, 2018, 10:27:10 AM
Hey guys,

Mining altcoins is a very profitable thing if you have a very cheap electricity. You invest once in the equipment, and then you start to mine your alts. However, you should be ready to be in profit not very soon.
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
June 06, 2018, 03:52:29 AM
Hey guys,
Depends on many factors. The local price you pay for electricity, how much you're paying for equipment, the weather and how difficult it is to keep the equipment cold, and most importantly, how much is your ability to hodl your altcoins for the right moment and not selling them immediately.

Mining worked perfect years ago. These days with higher difficulty it's hard to say, but I believe it's still good if you add hodling to it.  Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 03:38:25 AM
Depends on what you are going to mine and what hardware to use... Mining is stable activity, check electricity prices and find out what to mine at whattomine.com
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 03:36:25 AM
In my opinion, you need to invest in the altcoy themselves, and not in their prey, it will be more productive!
Activity: 79
June 06, 2018, 03:28:17 AM
You will be paid well if you have the knowledge to choose the form of exploitation
There are bonus campaigns and airdrop events for you to join free operators
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
June 06, 2018, 02:02:26 AM
i think mining was worth to try, when market was drop so mining was an alternatif for us to still get profit by doing some mining besides trading.
Activity: 286
June 06, 2018, 01:45:01 AM
it's good to be mining especially if bitcoin is high today for altcoin prices but right now it's a good idea to minimize today's better mining when the price of bitcoin is expensive because mining is expensive but it's also great mining kit
Activity: 144
Earn with impressio.io
June 06, 2018, 01:41:42 AM
Remember to take into account your cost of electricity. If your computer/server is running anyway, you might as well have it spend its free time mining altcoins, but every dedicated machine you buy will cost you extra power to run.

Yeah i agree. You must also know that you need to have better equipment and resources when you start mining, and besides you must also now that it will cost a lot of money. So if you have already summed up all your expenses and is already ready, then you can start it, but mining of altcoin is not that really profitable for now IMO.
Activity: 148
The stock photography revolution
June 06, 2018, 01:22:24 AM
If I bought a year ago instead of mining equipment bitcoins, then I would earn several times more. As this year will not know, but in view of the emergence of ASIC for zcash probably still less profitable.
Activity: 210
June 06, 2018, 01:09:59 AM
Hey guys,

Personally, I think mining is not profitable unless you have some really deep pockets for the latest mining equipment. And coins like XMR can change algorithm formula anytime.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
June 06, 2018, 01:05:30 AM
You may find a suitable candidate that will eventually grow into a large value coin but it seems like the model might be changing to proof of stake rather than proof of work so its difficult to assess if investment in additional equipment will pay off well.
Activity: 140
June 06, 2018, 01:01:47 AM
Mining of altcoins have recently shown to be highly profitable when compared with bitcoin mining. Infact, the complexities in bitcoin mining alone is much and as such, we've been able to observe that in order to make good capital from mining, altcoins mining is the best.
Activity: 546
June 06, 2018, 12:58:15 AM
Hey guys,

if you want mining in smartphone you can mine Electronium(ETN), its a good mine to smartphone,
if you want mine in windows you can mine use nicehashminer software and if you want mine in cloud server you can mine in genesis for lifetime mining
Activity: 434
June 06, 2018, 12:47:01 AM
Hey guys,
Mining competition are getting strong today, but it is still gaining as crypto transactions are wildly increasing and it needs more miners to make transactions faster. Most probably it could be more profitable once crypto acceptance by big establishment as a mode of payment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
June 06, 2018, 12:41:12 AM
Pay attention to the POS mining, this trend is gaining more and more strength.
It's probably not the best idea to buy graphics cards now.
I guess a lot of people are staking right now than actually going the mining gadget way and I believe over time, we may actually start getting to see more POS than POW. I totally dig this as it is always good to follow trend in whatever you want to end up doing and it would not be a good idea holding some GPU that will end up utterly useless in the long run except to be generating dusts wherever you keep them.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
June 05, 2018, 08:45:18 AM
Hey guys,
You should consider that some long term investment anyway and depending on electricity and the amount of capital you have to set up a good miner, you should at least want to consider you initial capital first right which in this case, you may have to wait a while to hit that before thinking of raking in some further profit. However, in the phase where these coins end up growing in value hugely, that is where the main thing comes and what some miners always look out for though.
Activity: 140
June 05, 2018, 03:54:28 AM
In my opinion, If you have cheap electricity mining can be profitable. There are coins that have less trouble,
and if you are going to mine them and hold them until the price goes up because it's worth it.

Activity: 980
Merit: 523
June 05, 2018, 03:27:24 AM
Hey guys,
I think you should not exploit Altcoins at the moment. Because the profit you earn is very low and almost no profit. The price of the altcoins will not meet your electricity bill and your investment in a short time.
So I recommend exploring Bitcoin, its price is very high and the profit earned is more than exploiting altcoin.
Well, we cannot assume if he is actually getting some pretty good electricity rate right now though and in that case, he may not have to spend so much when compared to mining bitcoin. Bitcoin mining right now is a setup where you need a lot of money before you can even start considering it.

However, with altcoins and some few capitals, you can set up something and focus on the long term as the potential is there for some pretty good ones and you could make a lot from their bull runs.
Pages:
Jump to: