Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers - page 23. (Read 55684 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
May 28, 2013, 03:22:38 AM
On the other hand the BTC price might rise. Has anyone ever made a BTC Price to Difficulty analysis? It seems they are related
http://www.bitcoinx.com/charts/
Difficulty follows BTC price (logaritmic scale, all data chart)?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
May 28, 2013, 02:16:16 AM
On the other hand the BTC price might rise. Has anyone ever made a BTC Price to Difficulty analysis? It seems they are related
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
May 28, 2013, 12:05:02 AM
If you have other plans than what is going on in the main chart this could help.

This represents how much you will mine at 1GH in one year at different difficulties, and how this changes as we move through time.

With the difficulty being updated on the 25th the calculations changed a little, so I thought this may be worth going over.
decentralizedhashing.com
May 26, 2013, 05:13:31 PM
I don't understand your Avalon entry. Avalon batch #1 finished shipping a while ago. Avalon batch #2 is currently being shipped. Avalon batch #3 will ship in a month or two.
Great to get this cleared up, thanks.  I know people have been asking for a while.

The assebly cost for the evilscoop stuff is for K16 board btw not a K64 board. (I looked it because the ROI seemed incredibly high).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203682.0;all
Thanks!  That did seem like a discrepency.

FCTaiChi   thanks for putting this information together
Smiley
Activity: 141
May 25, 2013, 11:48:08 PM
The assebly cost for the evilscoop stuff is for K16 board btw not a K64 board. (I looked it because the ROI seemed incredibly high).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=203682.0;all
Activity: 265
Football President
May 25, 2013, 10:00:56 PM
FCTaiChi   thanks for putting this information together
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
May 25, 2013, 08:48:27 PM

Avalon is shipping chips, which will have a big effect on the list once they start coming in.  The 63GH machine, however, isn't being shipped.

I don't understand your Avalon entry. Avalon batch #1 finished shipping a while ago. Avalon batch #2 is currently being shipped. Avalon batch #3 will ship in a month or two.
decentralizedhashing.com
May 25, 2013, 08:22:12 PM
I dont understand the colors. Avalon is shipping (Batch 1+2). BFL isnt. ASICMiner is also shipping. Or did I miss anything?

Oh, and those are missing https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-blade-sales-temporarily-out-of-stock-204030

Thanks, I knew I was missing an important one, I guess I hadn't distinguished between those and the other blades.

Avalon is shipping chips, which will have a big effect on the list once they start coming in.  The 63GH machine, however, isn't being shipped.

ASICMiner is shipping.  It's the ROI that's a problem.

How in the world do they figure an Avalon won't be profitable after a year?   Cheesy  

Whoever made this is crazy lol...
If you own an Avalon that's great, it's going to make you a bundle.  If you have to buy one as soon as possible and get it by December the difficulty is going to kill your return.

I think I'm going to say this on the main page...  This chart is NOT saying that your machine will never be profitable if you come out with negative BTC in a year.  It is saying that you may as well have bought BTC and held them.

Well it's not looking good...

Not a single green one in the list. Unless I'm color blind  Tongue
Hehe..  yeah, but that could easily change in June/July.

Edit - Well I changed my mind on the time for Avalon's 63GH.  Sorry Avalon!  Think this could be closer.  I could just as easily put June, but at the end of the month I'll be changing a couple other people's so it'll be more even.
Activity: 687
May 25, 2013, 07:21:50 PM
Well it's not looking good...

Not a single green one in the list. Unless I'm color blind  Tongue
Activity: 238
May 25, 2013, 06:38:23 PM
Yeah that does sound confusing, I was looking for a new name for that column.

Just in case anyone missed it:

Orange:  untested products, never shipped. 
Red:  those that will not make more bitcoin than you spend on them in one year.
Green:  has product ready to ship with positive 1 year return on investment

Tough time to be a miner.

How in the world do they figure an Avalon won't be profitable after a year?   Cheesy 

Whoever made this is crazy lol...
May 25, 2013, 05:43:24 PM
I dont understand the colors. Avalon is shipping (Batch 1+2). BFL isnt. ASICMiner is also shipping. Or did I miss anything?

Oh, and those are missing https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-blade-sales-temporarily-out-of-stock-204030
decentralizedhashing.com
May 25, 2013, 05:10:55 PM
Yeah that does sound confusing, I was looking for a new name for that column.

Just in case anyone missed it:

Orange:  untested products, never shipped. 
Red:  those that will not make more bitcoin than you spend on them in one year.
Green:  has product ready to ship with positive 1 year return on investment

Tough time to be a miner.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 25, 2013, 12:28:55 PM
This very good!

OK, so your "1 year ROI" calculation is more like "number of bitcoins mined in a year" given different average difficulty increases every 2 weeks (and your sheet 2 shows historical data for the difficulty increases).

I think "number of bitcoins mined in a year" would be a better name for this calculation.

You then need to subtract the yearly electricity cost and the original cost of the miner from the "number of bitcoins mined in a year" to get the "Profit" which will often be less than zero (i.e. a loss) Wink

The ROI will then be "Profit" / "original cost of the miner" and will be a percentage.

Now that I downloaded your spreadsheet to Excel, I realized your "1 year ROI" is actually "Profit" as I described above. Dividing this by the original price to get the ROI is very instructive.
Basically, if you think difficulty will rise slowly, KNC miners look best, but if you think difficulty will rise faster, evilscoop's unit looks best (assuming the Lead time (maybe should be called "Delivery date") you give). This makes sense, obviously.

BTW, from the Excel file I downloaded, it seems you could make much greater use of formulas (VLOOKUP etc) to ease updating of this spreadsheet. If you want help with this, drop me a PM. (I'm familiar with Excel, but not so much, Google spreadsheet).

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
May 25, 2013, 12:16:30 PM
This very good!

OK, so your "1 year ROI" calculation is more like "number of bitcoins mined in a year" given different average difficulty increases every 2 weeks (and your sheet 2 shows historical data for the difficulty increases).

I think "number of bitcoins mined in a year" would be a better name for this calculation.

You then need to subtract the yearly electricity cost and the original cost of the miner from the "number of bitcoins mined in a year" to get the "Profit" which will often be less than zero (i.e. a loss) Wink

The ROI will then be "Profit" / "original cost of the miner" and will be a percentage.

May 25, 2013, 11:14:10 AM
The KnCMiner Mars 6gh/s @ 2795 USD is still missing https://www.kncminer.com/products/mars
decentralizedhashing.com
May 25, 2013, 11:06:44 AM
May 25:
Cleaned Spreadsheet, fixed ROI reference tags, added date and BTC exchange rates for currencies listed in the chart.
decentralizedhashing.com
May 24, 2013, 11:58:55 AM
Great way to get a general understanding of whats proposed for the future of ASIC's
Thanks, many people seem to think I'm saying this is all set in stone Smiley

Note - the year/hr calc is wrong.  You have 24 * 356...
lol  Fixed.  ty

Sorry OP, that i OCR'd your work

np,
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah8F6pb2lO6AdHlLbWx6YjZhNVV2MDE2VXlQYktxQ3c&usp=sharing
Activity: 280
May 23, 2013, 06:11:33 PM
Great way to get a general understanding of whats proposed for the future of ASIC's
Activity: 687
May 23, 2013, 04:58:12 PM
Sorry OP, that i OCR'd your work
but more people are faster and maybe more efficient

Totally unnecessary. It's posted as a spreadsheet on google docs....

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
May 23, 2013, 04:21:26 PM
Note - the year/hr calc is wrong.  You have 24 * 356...
Pages:
Jump to: