Pages:
Author

Topic: Mining Equipment Manufacturers - page 26. (Read 55684 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
May 19, 2013, 09:49:15 PM
Do you think it would be fair to do a (soonest-never) type of column?  and what do you think would be fair?

I think it would be fair to let people know that these are not actual released products. They are only announced and not guaranteed that they will actually be on the market. As an example, there were a lot of ASIC announced here since last year ...

If we would like to get on top of your list we could just announce a 2 Terrahash rig...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 09:29:14 PM
Can you please explain why BFL is on here, but BitSynCom with their shipping/shipped avalon products (63GHs and 85GHs) are not?

Thanks a lot!  I'll put their stats up asap.  I've mostly been working on the speculative ASIC's so far, I'm grateful for any tips on established companies.
BFL is here because they say they are shipping a product.  Same with KncMiner.  I plan on making it more clear on which companies have actually shipped products, how long it will take to get your return on investment (ROI), and how long it will take to get a product in your hands if you order as soon as possible.
Unfortunately we don't know if anyone in particular is lying.  I'm going to leave it up to the mods to give scammer tags before I start excluding anyone.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 19, 2013, 05:58:43 PM
I think this list encourages fraud.

There are only two companies in your list that have actually shipped:

BlackArrow and BitFountain.

The others:

KNCMiner - science fiction story, they have not shipped anything they do not even have pictures of their products.
t13hydra, terrahash, ryepdx, burnin - rely on avalon ASICs which have not yet been produced.
Butterfly labs - have taken orders of millions of dollars, have not shipped in 1 year, most likely a fraud.

Our company has tried to purchase 30000 IC from Avalon. The law in China is to sign a contract to purchase the merchandise. We asked them for this and they gave us a bogus address in Beijing and confessed that they do not have a company. For this reason I would be very careful regarding the Avalon ASICs.

You're right, BlackArrow. I'm also concerned of Avalon chips actually shipping or not. I guess wi will find out soon enough. On the other hand, why don't you provide ASICs? I have found a book dated baxk to 2002 on how ro build ASICs for SHA-256 for security applications. If i would have a good supplier for the chips, i would shurely not provide group buy for some phantom chips tgat are not even in production yet. I know TSMC will provide them, but will Avalon forward them to us? Or at least order them... Let's do something here. What would it take to ahve asics? 6-7 months? What does it taje to build LTC asics? FPGA and a piece of DDR3 memory? Let's do it.

Thank you, FCTaiChi for the list. At least i know where i stand. I will also be providing lead time as soon as i have the Klondike final design and some money arrangements with the factory.

Regards, Steve
Activity: 322
May 19, 2013, 05:19:48 PM
haha oh man KNCMiner..
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
May 19, 2013, 04:41:04 PM

The others:

KNCMiner - science fiction story, they have not shipped anything they do not even have pictures of their products.
t13hydra, terrahash, ryepdx, burnin - rely on avalon ASICs which have not yet been produced.
Butterfly labs - have taken orders of millions of dollars, have not shipped in 1 year, most likely a fraud.

Our company has tried to purchase 30000 IC from Avalon. The law in China is to sign a contract to purchase the merchandise. We asked them for this and they gave us a bogus address in Beijing and confessed that they do not have a company. For this reason I would be very careful regarding the Avalon ASICs.

Fraud, maybe, MISS INFORMATION YES! Columns for working unit and shipped are A MUST cause otherwise this is just a pipe dream.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 19, 2013, 04:36:20 PM
Can you please explain why BFL is on here, but BitSynCom with their shipping/shipped avalon products (63GHs and 85GHs) are not?
decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 03:24:07 PM
blackarrow, I wanted this to partly be a speculative ASIC comparison list, and in the beginning I only included the BlackArrow and BitFountain as a point comparison.  As I worked on this I realized it might be taken as you say.  I didn't know the charts would look so lopsided, giving a bad impression of the companies actually shipping.
I'm too busy to do it today, but I intend to put up lead time tonight.  Do you think it would be fair to do a (soonest-never) type of column?  and what do you think would be fair?
Activity: 532
May 19, 2013, 02:03:22 PM

The others:

decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 11:33:26 AM
Thanks for the post ryepdx.  As projects move forward I'll be able to keep everything updated a lot more quickly with a little help Smiley
Activity: 406
May 19, 2013, 11:27:20 AM
Yes, thank you for the posts!  Lead time is my next priority.  Then we can get ROI going.  This list will become much more useful at that point.  The only reason that it's not on this version is that we don't know many of them.

This will make it much more obvious that the Block Eruptor Blades and FPGA's are still viable.

JimiQ84, are those about the same deal as the ones I have posted?  I'll check and put them up if there is a big difference.
Soon I intend to add all models of each developer.

It looks like you have mentioned only USB block erupters (300MH/s), there are also bigger blades - 13GH/s.
decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 11:25:35 AM
Yes, thank you for the posts!  Lead time is my next priority.  Then we can get ROI going.  This list will become much more useful at that point.  The only reason that it's not on this version is that we don't know many of them.

This will make it much more obvious that the Block Eruptor Blades and FPGA's are still viable.

JimiQ84, are those about the same deal as the ones I have posted?  I'll check and put them up if there is a big difference.
Soon I intend to add all models of each developer.
Activity: 687
May 19, 2013, 07:07:59 AM
Dude, you should add which ones that are in production. (the ones you can actually buy)
Activity: 714
May 19, 2013, 04:47:59 AM
Hey, just so you know, the prices on my miners have been updated as I've received more quotes:
Projected K16 price: ~$89
Projected K64 price: ~$356
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
May 19, 2013, 04:25:55 AM
I don't mean to be a downie but the table is pretty useless as its trying to rank different timed products all at once. Like the blades, like .2 GH/btc, but in people's hands in 2 days. Those DIY Avalon builds, 9/10 will fail/be overly delayed. The one that works straight off will be July-Sept. Massive, massive difference.
Activity: 406
May 19, 2013, 04:09:25 AM
what about erupter blades? 13GH/s for 49.99 BTC
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
May 19, 2013, 04:02:58 AM
interesting none the less..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
May 19, 2013, 02:40:50 AM
Please add a column for the country/region each seller operates from (or primarily supplies to).
decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 02:09:51 AM
Do you mean that this is a complete list of miners? or a list of complete miners?

A lot of those miners are not complete Tongue
So I am guessing the list is supposed to be complete.

Perhaps you could change the title to "Complete List of Miners GH/S/BTC"

Changed it.  Does that work?  I do want to imply that the miners will be a complete unit, not that they are complete right now.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
May 19, 2013, 01:24:42 AM
Do you mean that this is a complete list of miners? or a list of complete miners?

A lot of those miners are not complete Tongue
So I am guessing the list is supposed to be complete.

Perhaps you could change the title to "Complete List of Miners GH/S/BTC"
decentralizedhashing.com
May 19, 2013, 01:14:26 AM
Sorry to those 125 people who checked this in the first few minutes..  Should work now.  Thanks bcpokey, and unnacceptable for letting me know.
Pages:
Jump to: