Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 218. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Hi guys first time tryng to build some rigs with smos its for a client i try with 4 different rigs none could boot with more than 4gpu

All gpu rx 570 580

Mobo Msi z170a Mate

4gb ddr4

intel g3930

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I update to lastest bios i could managed to get +5 gpu running on windows 10 with 4g and gen 2 But cant get more than 4 on SMOS  it only boots on pci gen > auto ------- when i enable 4g for 5th card it wont load smos it random pixel all screen  same happens if i try any config besides gen>auto or if i try the 5th card without 4 it boots but give me error, i really try many ways but cant get this set up to get more than 4 on smos  if anyone have any idea how can i make it work i will really appreciate it guys,,,,

My best regards

Hi,

I have the same problem with 5 CG SmOS does not load and the rig reboot in loop  Sad

MSI Z270-A Pro / Intel G4400 / 4 1070 GTX + 1 1060 GTX  

Enable 4G
PCI Gen 2 or Auto no change for 5 GPU

SMOS works very well with 4 CG.

Sorry for my english im french

Thank you for your help Grin

i saw that u need vios v1.7 to get more working and gen 1. maybe it helps
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11404/msi-z170-7-gpu-bios-setting-step-by-step
Activity: 4
Hi all,

I have RX 580 GPU in rig, but in SMOS I cannot undervolt them. All value set at Core Undervolting is ignored.

Is there some other way to undervolt core and memory at SMOS?

Thank you a lot.
up

Put a - in front of the core offset.

Example -100,-100,-150,100,100,-150
Activity: 19
Hi all,

I have RX 580 GPU in rig, but in SMOS I cannot undervolt them. All value set at Core Undervolting is ignored.

Is there some other way to undervolt core and memory at SMOS?

Thank you a lot.
up
Activity: 3
Hi m facing the problem
my rig get off For few seconds like 20 to 30 and then it gets green (on) so after few mint Again This Happen i dont know whats wrong But on my pool it always shows online m using linux
help please....
Activity: 37
Hey Titanick

have this problem with one of my rigs...

In ethermine.org see this.

https://i.imgur.com/ILJvmPE.png

Reported hashrate: 140.8mhs (real hashrate)

Current Hashrate: 14.8mhs

Average Hashrate: 14.8mhs

and in the SMOS console seems to be all good.

https://i.imgur.com/WP2FWpe.png

What´s happening here?

what can i do?

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Great job!
@tytanick on your roadmap exist the possibility to add different custom oc/uv profiles? Now is very annoying when you got some rigs and wanna change algo.
Thanks!
I have that in plans.
I am still trying to upgrade development team to work faster. I need more time.

I would like to learn why does it take so long to update to latest eth  0.13?
Within 14 days as it not to prioryty. Most users uses claymore.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
Hey, I'm new here, was recommended by a friend to take a look at SMOS. But I also have some rigs running with VEGAs, so question is:

Any plan for supporting the AMD VEGA 56/64 in the near future? If yes, then when would that be roughly?
Activity: 77
I would like to learn why does it take so long to update to latest eth  0.13?
Activity: 81
Great job!

@tytanick on your roadmap exist the possibility to add different custom oc/uv profiles? Now is very annoying when you got some rigs and wanna change algo.

Thanks!
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

I am facing this problem. My rigs are offline on the dashboard but they are mining, i can see it on the pool,
Please test if rebooting your internet router will help or if rig will just appear after 1-3 hours ?
There is a case that clientside internet router or ISP dns is caching simplemining.net ip address little invalid way.
Those ip addresses are changing as we are protected via cloudflare and in some small precentage like 0,5% (so 0.005) User dnt doesnt refresh in 60 seconds while it should. It seems that it is ISP/router DNS cache problem.
Anyway i am working on a solution. I want to implement static google dns on all rigs.
But before i will do that i will make some tests if everyone has access to 8.8.8.8 dns servers.
Anyway the curent fix is to reboot router or just set google dns on it so 8.8.8.8
If someone had this case, can you confirm or decline that rebooting router helped or changing dns to 8.8.8.8 on router ?
You can also test this fix and tell me if it worked ?
login into your rig via ssh using local network.
login: miner
password: miner
then execute comman:
sudo su
then execute this:
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf
After that please wait 2 minutes and see if rig appeared in dashboard.
Please tell me results so i could have moreinformations Smiley

now dashboard runs like a rocket
yes! thank you tytanick!
how did you do it? unbelievable how slow it was before compared to now.
Yes this dahsboard should be working like that from the beginning....
Optimizations, optimizations, optimizations. Thats all i can tell Tongue
Please be aware that i cant tell many things due to security reasons.
Less informations = the better for security Smiley
Activity: 37
hi.
Have a problem with 2 of my rigs.

COMPONENTS OF THIS 2 RIGS.

ASUS STRIX B250F MOBO
6x XFX RX580 8GB
INTEL CELERON 3900
4GB MEMO.
6 RISERS VS 006.
SMOS (RX version) installed on USB (works! i tested in other 3 rigs and the usb drive its OK)

When boot in this two rigs got this..

Pcie bus error: severity=corrected, type=Physical Layer, Id=00eb (Receiver ID) device [8086:a29b] error status/mask=00000001/00002000

2 videos of the problem

LINK! ->    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GUpVsD2R7s3iZmWLJZ7I09TxAZlAZ_vm

Happens with only one card, 2 cards, 3cards,.... 6 cards conected.

And in two different rigs, so... the risers are OK.

BIOS set up:

Disabled Sound
Power ON after power loss selected
On board graphics - Enabled selected IGFX
PCI speed Gen 2
Above 4G Enabled
ASPM is Disabled

Thanks for your answers.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards

any help? please
Activity: 44
yes! thank you tytanick!
how did you do it? unbelievable how slow it was before compared to now.
Activity: 81
Activity: 34
I returned to mining after several years. Just one rig up and running for now. More than 10 days on SimpleMining without any issue. Rock and steady ....
Activity: 1
Hi all! I just got my first two rigs up and running with smos and it works great!
I only have a question about overclocking. I am running nvidia 1060 6gb cards. When I oc I get best hashpower at +1400. And that seems to go for all my cards.
I see most other only go for +900 or something and that is max.
Am i doing something wrong or can my cards take damege somehow?
Activity: 2
Anyone else having issues with simplemining.net?  I have rigs running but the web GUI is not showing them this started happening this morning (9am EST - GMT -5:00)

I'm Having the same Issu
@Octodrachm

It looks like the GTX 1060 has two device ids.  1c03 is the first generation 1c06 is the second.  You need to install the latest NVIDIA driver for the 1c06 version to be recognized correctly.

"NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-390.25.run" is what I use, but I am on Ubuntu.  I have found that you need to make sure that the version of gcc used to compile your kernel is the same exact version that you use to compile the NVIDIA driver kernel.

Activity: 43
Does SimpleMining have a way to check wattage of the GPUs?  Something simple and basic, mainly used for comparison of changing core voltage and frequencies.  Something like what GPU-Z or AfterBurner would show on a Windows machine.
https://image.prntscr.com/image/L5TFYzzoR2qiqPWhgVLKDQ.png

I am facing this problem. My rigs are offline on the dashboard but they are mining, i can see it on the pool,
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
seriously ? it is down... cloudflare error...
I dont see any problem, can you check again ?
Jump to: