Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 231. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
 I GET NEW UPDATE - RX-NV?? Shocked
Activity: 30
Hi all! What about support for RX550 on Lexa core?
Activity: 17
Has anyone gotten these errors before?

ERROR QUERYING DISPLAYS ON GPU0

ERROR QUERYING CONNECTED DISPLAYS ON GPU 0

ERROR RESOLVING TARGET SPECIFICATION 'GPU0' (NO TARGETS MATCH TARGET SPECIFICATION).

NONE of the OC settings work for my NVIDIA cards (that work fine with awsome miner and afterburner). The rig mines but the cards overheat and there is no overclock. Settings are 50 core 50 mem 75 target temp 75% min fan speed. In windows this card takes a 150 core 500 mem 80%TDP (1080ti) so i don't think it is clocked too high in smos. I also tried 0core 0 mem 215W 75 100% fans and still nothing. The fans dont even go above 30% speed.

It doesn't sound like it's initializing the cards properly. Do you get console output at all? Did you check the obvious stuff like your risers and perhaps trying to reburn the SMOS image your usb stick (if using it). I do hope you grabbed the correct SMOS image too lool.

Yes I get console output. It also mines just at stock settings. I'm running 1 1080ti on a 100W PSU. The card came from a working rig. I have tried a few different risers. I used HDD raw copy and SMOS NV, the miner shows on simplemining.net

I'm having this problem too, haven't been able to track down the cause. Have tested with 6 1060 cards and two 1070 cards in various combinations and various risers, including different versions and brands, also been doing the "riser dance" and moved the risers around...everything seemingly works like they should, except I can't change any temp or OC settings. I'm also getting console output and everything appears in the web interface, but I can't change OC settings or change the rig group. Or rather, I can change them, but the console reports everything to be like before the change, so the changes obviously don't register with the rig.
Activity: 36
Great. Came back from work, and this thing had crashed again.
Hours wasted again.
Restarted manually and the GPU clock frequencies were sky high!!! WTF

Now I set overclock to 0, and the clocks are still over what is considered stable. Have to downclock to achieve previous overclock settings now.. There is a serious bug here.
same here for couple od days. 2 amd gpus at 1035 core , then 970, back to 1035, instead of 1150
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
This miner in simplemining

gatelessgate-0.1

sgminer-gm-5.5.5

How i can mined etn in pool nanopool with this miner

Please code for mined please

Sorry for bad english
Activity: 20
can anyone with asus b250 mining expert share their bios settings with smos?

i have tried many combinations of settings with 9 cards and smos registers each card but mines less tan 4 hashes each card, i have manyhours trying and cant find good answers online

What GPU's are you using, this info would help?

I have the same issue.  Currently I have 4x 570 4Gb and 1x 580 8Gb.
I have 2 more cards I did not test with the mobo yet and 3 more on the way, all RX 570/580 4/8Gb.

Otherwise I have a more general question as well:

I had SMOS running in 1 rig on an SDD.
Can I take this SDD and use it to run SMOS on another rig?  Or does SMOS udpates itself and becomes dependant to the HW it runs on (just like windows does)?

EDIT: I forgot to say these 5 cards were running fine (28-29Mh/s) on SMOS on a  Z170 PC Mate.  Now that I switched everything to the B250 mining expert I have this low (and varying) hashrate problem.

I solved my problem.  It was quite stupid but you have to know it: don't use the damn 16x PCIe slot!
After I moved the riser from the 16x slot to a 1x it solved all my hashrate issues.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Wih amazing you to information Smiley
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
Hey guys, do you know why is not availabld the Rx image in the download section?
I've seen the Nvidea file instead the amd file. Thanks

YOu can use that image on your RX rigs,.. same rules applies that you cannot mix your Nvidia and AMD cards in one rigs.

Anyone been able to mine Neoscrypt coins with AMD RX's using SMOS?
Please share wich miner and what you fill into the miner option window.

Been waiting for nvidia miner for neoscrypt too.. i hope it will be available soon.
Activity: 366
Hours wasted again.

Now I set overclock to 0, and the clocks are still over what is considered stable. Have to downclock to achieve previous overclock settings now.. There is a serious bug here.

Hm haven't noticed myself change settings not a single time. If there is such bug it must confirmed, found and fixed.
Activity: 366
I have different issue. My rigs working fine but on webpage showing randomly that my rigs is off. After a while everything come back to normal for few minutes and again rigs arę showing as off. When i check console i can see that rigs are connected to pool and working properly. Any ideas?

I'm guessing it is just lag between smOS dashboard and your rig. Wouldn't pay attention to it as it doesn't influence mining.

I had something like that with broken switch (found it out by the way when wanted to transfer some files to that particular rig). It was going in 10 bytes per second or something.
Activity: 14
Has anyone gotten these errors before?

ERROR QUERYING DISPLAYS ON GPU0

ERROR QUERYING CONNECTED DISPLAYS ON GPU 0

ERROR RESOLVING TARGET SPECIFICATION 'GPU0' (NO TARGETS MATCH TARGET SPECIFICATION).

NONE of the OC settings work for my NVIDIA cards (that work fine with awsome miner and afterburner). The rig mines but the cards overheat and there is no overclock. Settings are 50 core 50 mem 75 target temp 75% min fan speed. In windows this card takes a 150 core 500 mem 80%TDP (1080ti) so i don't think it is clocked too high in smos. I also tried 0core 0 mem 215W 75 100% fans and still nothing. The fans dont even go above 30% speed.

It doesn't sound like it's initializing the cards properly. Do you get console output at all? Did you check the obvious stuff like your risers and perhaps trying to reburn the SMOS image your usb stick (if using it). I do hope you grabbed the correct SMOS image too lool.

Yes I get console output. It also mines just at stock settings. I'm running 1 1080ti on a 100W PSU. The card came from a working rig. I have tried a few different risers. I used HDD raw copy and SMOS NV, the miner shows on simplemining.net
Activity: 9
Something is happening with one of my rigs.
SMOS doesn't want to recognise it anymore, no matter what I do, rewrite the program, change the pools, this rig starts, I can see it working, just SMOS doesn't see it so i cannot configure the pools and everything. I think I should just get back to using windows, at least the rig worked after I restarted it and I didn't have to try to guess everytime what's wrong.
What might be the problem?

Maybe a bad USB drive ive had a few go on me that started to fail to boot reflashed and it was ok for a bit then same again so I replaced it and it's been working since

They were not cheapo no name ones either they were decent USB3 sandisk sticks if SMOS is writing to the drive quite a bit then I guess they can fail in time flash memory only has limited write cycles

Thank you, I am also using quite good corsair usb, I will try to buy new ones and test again
Activity: 176
Merit: 5
Hey guys, do you know why is not availabld the Rx image in the download section?
I've seen the Nvidea file instead the amd file. Thanks
Activity: 28
Hours wasted again.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I haven't gotten neoscrypt  to work either , on RX cards

you can use ccminer or sgminer in smos to mine neoscrypt

I use the ccminer-skunk version with the following string...

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p x

or sgminer-v5.5-the one for Pascal or the latest one just added a few days ago.
I dont think I was successful using the param below but when it worked briefly .. it was hashing very poorly compared to NVIDIA cards.

-k neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p --no-submit-stale -I 13 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-threads 2

Thanks, will give this a try
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

you can use ccminer or sgminer in smos to mine neoscrypt

I use the ccminer-skunk version with the following string...

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p x

or sgminer-v5.5-the one for Pascal or the latest one just added a few days ago.
I dont think I was successful using the param below but when it worked briefly .. it was hashing very poorly compared to NVIDIA cards.

-k neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p --no-submit-stale -I 13 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-threads 2
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Something is happening with one of my rigs.
SMOS doesn't want to recognise it anymore, no matter what I do, rewrite the program, change the pools, this rig starts, I can see it working, just SMOS doesn't see it so i cannot configure the pools and everything. I think I should just get back to using windows, at least the rig worked after I restarted it and I didn't have to try to guess everytime what's wrong.
What might be the problem?

Maybe a bad USB drive ive had a few go on me that started to fail to boot reflashed and it was ok for a bit then same again so I replaced it and it's been working since

They were not cheapo no name ones either they were decent USB3 sandisk sticks if SMOS is writing to the drive quite a bit then I guess they can fail in time flash memory only has limited write cycles
Activity: 30
I have issues with OC too, no matter if i write xx or xx,xx in the oc settings, only one card is getting numbers that i wrote, other card is little clocked but not on the numbers that i wrote.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
I have different issue. My rigs working fine but on webpage showing randomly that my rigs is off. After a while everything come back to normal for few minutes and again rigs arę showing as off. When i check console i can see that rigs are connected to pool and working properly. Any ideas?
Jump to: