Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 247. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I'm having an issue with my new rig build.  After I flash the jump drive and boot, I'm getting the error message "There is no screen to be attached matching miner".  It never even gets to the point of where the OS is updating automatically.   I'm using a Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard, Pentium G4400 processor, 4gb Ram.
Last rig, I had the same issue, but it resolved after I kept trying.
I've got 4g encoding enabled in the bios.  Bios has been updated to the latest. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Just apply group from dashboard (assuming you got it configured) and reboot.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
hi guys
i have a z270-a prime with 3 cards on it for the moment (rx570 nitro+ 8gb) , its working under win10 and it not working under simplemining...

i downloaded the dag fix version and i can't make claymore working....

I does work. I got such mainboard and 6xrx570 nitro+ 8gb...

strange, my 2 rigs with z270-a prime works nice under win10, and nothing with simplemining fresh install, with dag fix image.
some errors when i boot on the sandisk usb and simpleming never reach configuration....
any solution ?

I have the -p version of that motherboard with 8 rx580's, works great. You have to set the bios up just as in this post or it won't work.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asus-prime-z270-p-1917749

Post #18 is the settings.

just didnt put the latest bios...
set up above 4g on , gen2 on all pcie etc
i will try to put the last bios

on z270 u have to leave PCI to Auto as Tytanic said
also you will have to enable 4G but when do it that u must enable internal graphics of mobo , change it to IGP !
try these settings and later probably upgrade to latest bios

i didn't change anything in the z270-a, i leave all the pcie slots into "Gen2" , "Above 4G" ON, etc , but i tried another usb key and the new improved simplemining image and it works now !
thanks for your help.
Activity: 9
I'm having an issue with my new rig build.  After I flash the jump drive and boot, I'm getting the error message "There is no screen to be attached matching miner".  It never even gets to the point of where the OS is updating automatically.   I'm using a Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard, Pentium G4400 processor, 4gb Ram.
Last rig, I had the same issue, but it resolved after I kept trying.
I've got 4g encoding enabled in the bios.  Bios has been updated to the latest. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Activity: 6
@xPETEx

just what i have been thinking, modding amd gpu's bios, but does the SMOS oc settings affect the amd gpu's once nvidia gpu's OC is set?
Activity: 55
https://mega.nz/#!q1cTWZBA!8cjCLtup93lpJ9dzFTU9os7SK5NnFFBA1sNKylvmxTo

Mixed rig with SMOS  :-)
2pcs RX570 and 3pcs NV1060 under SimpleminingOS Alpha Nvidia version.

Tytus please put EWBF miner into NV SMOS  Roll Eyes

Just wondering how were you able to OC the amds? when in SMOS OCing cards is via SMOS web.

easy way would be to put the OC into the bios.
Activity: 55
The simplemining.net site assumes that you have a windows PC.  But all my computers are Linux only. 

How do I create a bootable Simpleminer drive if I don't have a Windows PC?

Thanks

It's really easy. The function is built into Linux. It's called "dd". Just google "dd how to make bootable usb on linux from image command line"
Activity: 7
I havent registered yet, not until my rig is set and ready to fire up to take advantage of the free 3 days trial.

i want to know what is the payment method accepted for $2/ month payment? Thanks..
BTC, ETH, ETC or ZEC
Activity: 2
I havent registered yet, not until my rig is set and ready to fire up to take advantage of the free 3 days trial.

i want to know what is the payment method accepted for $2/ month payment? Thanks..

BTC,ETH,ETC,and ZEC i beleive
Activity: 261
Merit: 11
Campaign Manager - PM

Activity: 6
https://mega.nz/#!q1cTWZBA!8cjCLtup93lpJ9dzFTU9os7SK5NnFFBA1sNKylvmxTo

Mixed rig with SMOS  :-)
2pcs RX570 and 3pcs NV1060 under SimpleminingOS Alpha Nvidia version.

Tytus please put EWBF miner into NV SMOS  Roll Eyes

Just wondering how were you able to OC the amds? when in SMOS OCing cards is via SMOS web.
Activity: 2
Hi all !

Its been relatively smooth sailing with SMOS but i have an error i just cant seem to fix. My setup is using claymore v10, mining Ethereum.

I started off about 2 weeks ago with 2 EVGA GTX 1070 cards, mining ~27 Mh/s (not OC)

A week later i saw a sale on a Gigabyte GTX 1070 TI and added it to my rig and got a stable ~26/27 Mh/s

Just now i've added 2 more Gigabyte  GTX 1070 Windforce OC and they both clock in at 14/15 Mh/s

Electrically i've troubleshooted the cards and cannot seems to find anything wrong (ive swapped out risers with other cards, checked PSU connections, etc)

Mobo: MSI 270A-Pro
PEG[0]->tried Auto, GEN 1, GEN 2
Enabled 4G decoding
Disabled HD Audio
Disabled Fast boot and Windows 7

No luck  Undecided

I just cant seem to get these cards going , anyone have suggestions or possibly went through something similar?

Any help would be much appreciated ! Thank you

https://imgur.com/a/rMcJF

Activity: 14
ewbf speed is signifikant lower than previous version...

what happend tytanik?

ive got 11x 1070 wit low hashrates.

if i use the old version of smOS everything went fine...

Well, you know, you can always get a previous release of the miner and put it back on the system in /root/miner.org/[miner directory]

Good luck!

Activity: 3
Anyone run with tb250-btc pro with 12 amd cards. Or can i run same 12 x rx 580 cards with simplemining os? I'cant find any info about this.
Activity: 58
hello folks, i have an issue which seems only to appear when using SMOS.

from time to time i get an "failure" for an gpu saying:

enabled persistence mode for GPU 000000000:01:00.0.
enabled persistence mode for GPU 000000000:01:02.0.
enabled persistence mode for GPU 000000000:01:05.0.
enabled persistence mode for GPU 000000000:01:07.0.

that results in have an extremely low hashrate in that specific card.

does anybody know how to fix this or at least whats the cause of it? thanks ahead
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
Seems like we're back to sessions timing out very quickly, though this had been less of a problem until recently. Did something change server side?

hi guys first of all I am really happy of joining to cyrpto world with using SMOS which is so easy to boot/use for a newbie like me so thank you tytanick you are doing a great job.

[...]

Everybody talks about modding the bios, flash the timing, use the polaris etc. makes sense but how. I build the rig hooked up the cables, made the bios change, inserted the usb stick with SMOS and system run by itself, was so easy. After couple hours I noticed the hash rate is very low I made some overclocking on SMOS settings increased little bit to 20.5MH/s lowered the energy consumption to 125w per card.

If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??

I really appreciate your help and advise that I will follow to end that nightmare. Thank y'all

Jester -
Think you've answered your own questions with what you said in the second paragraph above.  Getting the best hashrate is like
brewing the best beer - it takes time, patience and more patience.  YouTube is a great reference for getting info on how to
overclock your cards, but figuring out the 'secret sauce' is going to be up to you  Grin

Thanks for your response pwalker, patience is the key indeed thats why I constantly read and watch and listen all gained experiences before. I believe I have some fundamental issues and also lack of knowledge about computer components and OS. Gladly I can reach thousands of people who joined cyprto world mining together, increasing shares, making profit and gain benefit together. Im sure I ll get the answer I need, hopefully soon.

Well, tell you what - I'll try answer some of your questions

1.  If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Increasing the hashrate can be accomplished by a number of things, ranging from the obvious voltage and core/memory speed settings, to motherboard purchases, driver upgrades, and using specific cards for certain coin algorithms.  Depending on the cards you have, there are tools available (with varying levels of capability depending on OS) that will allow you to modify those settings.  The type motherboard and bios settings can also affect hash rate.  Check your motherboard documentation to see if it supports higher rate pci-e speeds.  Drivers are a big influence in hashrate.  If the mining software is unable to quickly load/offload data from the GPUs, you will have poor hash rates.  Speaking of miners - some miners do better on certain coins than others, and that being said - the GPU itself may (or may not) be better suited for the type of math associated with a certain coin.

2. Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Normally, the BIOS on the cards is suitable.  You say you are relatively new to this sort of stuff - loading GPU BIOS is a risky task that you probably shouldn't do unless you have significant experience (double that in with Linux OS's).  Failed BIOS upgrades are not forgiving - you will almost certainly render your card brain-dead

3.  Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
You can make speed, voltage, and Fan setting modifications in SMOS

4.  Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
I would not bother flashing BIOS unless there is a problem that is preventing the cards from working with your OS/mining software.

5.  If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??
Refer to the answer in question #4.  Otherwise, you do it one at a time

Hope this helps - good luck!!
Activity: 16
hi guys first of all I am really happy of joining to cyrpto world with using SMOS which is so easy to boot/use for a newbie like me so thank you tytanick you are doing a great job.

[...]

Everybody talks about modding the bios, flash the timing, use the polaris etc. makes sense but how. I build the rig hooked up the cables, made the bios change, inserted the usb stick with SMOS and system run by itself, was so easy. After couple hours I noticed the hash rate is very low I made some overclocking on SMOS settings increased little bit to 20.5MH/s lowered the energy consumption to 125w per card.

If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??

I really appreciate your help and advise that I will follow to end that nightmare. Thank y'all

Jester -
Think you've answered your own questions with what you said in the second paragraph above.  Getting the best hashrate is like
brewing the best beer - it takes time, patience and more patience.  YouTube is a great reference for getting info on how to
overclock your cards, but figuring out the 'secret sauce' is going to be up to you  Grin

Thanks for your response pwalker, patience is the key indeed thats why I constantly read and watch and listen all gained experiences before. I believe I have some fundamental issues and also lack of knowledge about computer components and OS. Gladly I can reach thousands of people who joined cyprto world mining together, increasing shares, making profit and gain benefit together. Im sure I ll get the answer I need, hopefully soon.
Activity: 4
Thank you for the help with setting up my wallets!  I'm getting paid now!  Cool

Just curious..All of the cards are the similar model Gigabyte GPU's...but there is like 75 Sol/s variation on one or two.  Stats below...GPU0 is the troubled one.

========== Sol/s: 1855.0 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1869.9 I/s: 1007.1 Sh: 1.87 1.00
# server set difficulty to: 0000f3cf3cf3cf3cf0000000...
> GPU1 62C Sol/s: 330.5 Sol/W: 3.31 Avg: 332.4 I/s: 177.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU0 65C Sol/s: 260.4 Sol/W: 2.77 Avg: 239.3 I/s: 136.5 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU2 68C Sol/s: 312.4 Sol/W: 3.45 Avg: 309.0 I/s: 165.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU3 52C Sol/s: 333.9 Sol/W: 3.36 Avg: 332.6 I/s: 177.6 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU4 61C Sol/s: 329.8 Sol/W: 3.30 Avg: 329.0 I/s: 177.8 Sh: 0.33 1.00
> GPU5 63C Sol/s: 327.8 Sol/W: 3.32 Avg: 330.3 I/s: 177.2 Sh: 0.33 1.00
========== Sol/s: 1894.8 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1872.7 I/s: 1012.1 Sh: 1.99 1.00

Myself and a few others have the same issue. It's always with GPU0. It's not a hardware issue because it will perform fine in Windows, and doesn't make sense that others would have the same issue with only GPU0. Sadly, I haven't received any advice on how to resolve it or acknowledgement that anyone is listening to our issue.
Hi,
i have some problems with one rig with simplemining

rig start, network is up, i can ping.
but i can't connect on ssh (connection refused) and miner not start (rig not available on simplemining.net)

is there any way to start ssh ? or to see what is wrong ? i have no display (remote admin)

thx for response Smiley

Walter -
If you have installed the software properly, ssh will work.  If your rig is not available on simplemining.net,
you probably haven't completed the registration process (email in the conf file after building the drive).  There
are 2 accounts (root/miner) with pretty generic passwords, that I highly recommend changing once you get
things running.  Good luck!!

it's curious because, one of my RIG works perfectly with simplemining, this new. error i don't know why.
i was looking to rebuild a new usb key maybe it's the problem.

Are you getting any error messages when booting up?  If the rig used to work, something must have
changed or been updated and is no longer compatible with the SR setup.  Connect a monitor and
see what's going on.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Hi,
Still nothing about email notification for: Rig crashes / GPU slowdown/crashes ?
HIgh temperature ?

Thanks
Jump to: