Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 248. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,
i have some problems with one rig with simplemining

rig start, network is up, i can ping.
but i can't connect on ssh (connection refused) and miner not start (rig not available on simplemining.net)

is there any way to start ssh ? or to see what is wrong ? i have no display (remote admin)

thx for response Smiley

Walter -
If you have installed the software properly, ssh will work.  If your rig is not available on simplemining.net,
you probably haven't completed the registration process (email in the conf file after building the drive).  There
are 2 accounts (root/miner) with pretty generic passwords, that I highly recommend changing once you get
things running.  Good luck!!

it's curious because, one of my RIG works perfectly with simplemining, this new. error i don't know why.
i was looking to rebuild a new usb key maybe it's the problem.
Activity: 14
The simplemining.net site assumes that you have a windows PC.  But all my computers are Linux only.  

How do I create a bootable Simpleminer drive if I don't have a Windows PC?

Thanks

Borrow a friend's Windows machine Grin
Activity: 2
The simplemining.net site assumes that you have a windows PC.  But all my computers are Linux only. 

How do I create a bootable Simpleminer drive if I don't have a Windows PC?

Thanks
hi guys first of all I am really happy of joining to cyrpto world with using SMOS which is so easy to boot/use for a newbie like me so thank you tytanick you are doing a great job.

[...]

Everybody talks about modding the bios, flash the timing, use the polaris etc. makes sense but how. I build the rig hooked up the cables, made the bios change, inserted the usb stick with SMOS and system run by itself, was so easy. After couple hours I noticed the hash rate is very low I made some overclocking on SMOS settings increased little bit to 20.5MH/s lowered the energy consumption to 125w per card.

If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??

I really appreciate your help and advise that I will follow to end that nightmare. Thank y'all

Jester -
Think you've answered your own questions with what you said in the second paragraph above.  Getting the best hashrate is like
brewing the best beer - it takes time, patience and more patience.  YouTube is a great reference for getting info on how to
overclock your cards, but figuring out the 'secret sauce' is going to be up to you  Grin
Hi,

but i can't connect on ssh (connection refused) and miner not start (rig not available on simplemining.net)

is there any way to start ssh ? or to see what is wrong ? i have no display (remote admin)

thx for response Smiley

Walter -
If you have installed the software properly, ssh will work.  If your rig is not available on simplemining.net,
you probably haven't completed the registration process (email in the conf file after building the drive).  There
are 2 accounts (root/miner) with pretty generic passwords, that I highly recommend changing once you get
things running.  Good luck!!
Activity: 4
Hi,

thx for response Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
For people using the Asus B250 mining motherboard, has anyone gotten the reboot feature to work?  If my system reboots overnight, for some reason it just cannot start up again.

I have tried everything, it's so frustrating!
Activity: 7
Thank you for the help with setting up my wallets!  I'm getting paid now!  Cool

Just curious..All of the cards are the similar model Gigabyte GPU's...but there is like 75 Sol/s variation on one or two.  Stats below...GPU0 is the troubled one.

========== Sol/s: 1855.0 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1869.9 I/s: 1007.1 Sh: 1.87 1.00
# server set difficulty to: 0000f3cf3cf3cf3cf0000000...
> GPU1 62C Sol/s: 330.5 Sol/W: 3.31 Avg: 332.4 I/s: 177.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU0 65C Sol/s: 260.4 Sol/W: 2.77 Avg: 239.3 I/s: 136.5 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU2 68C Sol/s: 312.4 Sol/W: 3.45 Avg: 309.0 I/s: 165.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU3 52C Sol/s: 333.9 Sol/W: 3.36 Avg: 332.6 I/s: 177.6 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU4 61C Sol/s: 329.8 Sol/W: 3.30 Avg: 329.0 I/s: 177.8 Sh: 0.33 1.00
> GPU5 63C Sol/s: 327.8 Sol/W: 3.32 Avg: 330.3 I/s: 177.2 Sh: 0.33 1.00
========== Sol/s: 1894.8 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1872.7 I/s: 1012.1 Sh: 1.99 1.00

Could be many factors... The ones on top of my head: You may want to check if there's enough juice powering your rig. Also, could be a bad riser? try swapping PCIE riser with another GPU and see if the issue persist on the other GPU?
Activity: 16
hi guys first of all I am really happy of joining to cyrpto world with using SMOS which is so easy to boot/use for a newbie like me so thank you tytanick you are doing a great job.

Since I started to mine with my first rig BIOSTAR TB250 BTC PRO 12GPU rig with rx580 red devil 8gb (no golden sample) I didnt encounter with any crash or system failure rig is smooth, mines ok. I am running the miner for 3days and I am still testing it. Watching videos spending hours to read and improve my knowledge to find ways to increase efficiency.

sometimes I am having a hard time understand your language guys, I need more simplified instructions to fix my issue. Here is my problem I hope someone can help me or direct a way to follow. My 8gb red devil rx580 s are mining on average 20.5 MH/s on ETH claymore v10 which is low, I expect to get 28-29 mh/s but I dont have any idea how to get that.

Everybody talks about modding the bios, flash the timing, use the polaris etc. makes sense but how. I build the rig hooked up the cables, made the bios change, inserted the usb stick with SMOS and system run by itself, was so easy. After couple hours I noticed the hash rate is very low I made some overclocking on SMOS settings increased little bit to 20.5MH/s lowered the energy consumption to 125w per card.

If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??

I really appreciate your help and advise that I will follow to end that nightmare. Thank y'all
Activity: 15
Thank you for the help with setting up my wallets!  I'm getting paid now!  Cool

Just curious..All of the cards are the similar model Gigabyte GPU's...but there is like 75 Sol/s variation on one or two.  Stats below...GPU0 is the troubled one.

========== Sol/s: 1855.0 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1869.9 I/s: 1007.1 Sh: 1.87 1.00
# server set difficulty to: 0000f3cf3cf3cf3cf0000000...
> GPU1 62C Sol/s: 330.5 Sol/W: 3.31 Avg: 332.4 I/s: 177.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU0 65C Sol/s: 260.4 Sol/W: 2.77 Avg: 239.3 I/s: 136.5 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU2 68C Sol/s: 312.4 Sol/W: 3.45 Avg: 309.0 I/s: 165.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU3 52C Sol/s: 333.9 Sol/W: 3.36 Avg: 332.6 I/s: 177.6 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU4 61C Sol/s: 329.8 Sol/W: 3.30 Avg: 329.0 I/s: 177.8 Sh: 0.33 1.00
> GPU5 63C Sol/s: 327.8 Sol/W: 3.32 Avg: 330.3 I/s: 177.2 Sh: 0.33 1.00
========== Sol/s: 1894.8 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1872.7 I/s: 1012.1 Sh: 1.99 1.00

Activity: 881
Merit: 502
Thank you for last 2 updates. My simple mining OS rigs are working like a clock!.

I almost forgot to own mining rigs Smiley
Activity: 62
How do you change the password/login from miner in shh?

Edit: it is command passwd
Activity: 50
tytanyc pls add (Optiminer 2.0) , and tutorial mining minexcoin for suprnova pls.
Activity: 1
Please share workable / stable Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8GB OC setting for simplemining..
Because i keep getting rig restart with oc setting as below:

hashrate: 29
Clock: 1200
Memory: 2115
Undervolting: 975
Powerstage: 2
Temperature: 68
Fan speed: 63%

My RX580 have been bios mod before.

Thanks.
Activity: 12
Is there a changelog / info sheet for the AMD OS? Been running NV and now looking to add AMD rigs. Want to make sure Adrenalin driver is loaded into AMD ver.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Hi Guys ...

Just a quick noob question ... I saw in my Nicehash Claymore that multi GPU systems require 16Gb of Virtual Memory (Page File). I see here that the minimum required is 7Gb... so is it safe to go with a 8Gb USB, or shall I take a 32GB better?

I think thats more of a windows issue then in linux SMOS, espescially if your cards are all on the same algo. Im using a 16GB drive in case the OS outgrows 8GB anytime in the future, and because it was only $1 more than an 8GB drive. 32Gb isnt necessary
Activity: 18
Just a quick noob question ... I saw in my Nicehash Claymore that multi GPU systems require 16Gb of Virtual Memory (Page File). I see here that the minimum required is 7Gb... so is it safe to go with a 8Gb USB, or shall I take a 32GB better?
I am intrested very much too. I've just found that somehow it works stably with 2GB RAM and 5 * GTX1060 videocards (no chance for Windows even with 2 cards). But my USB-flash was 16GB, so I would like to uphold that question. How does it work??!
The most of question posted here can be replied only by Tytanic, but for our sorry he can do it very rarely...
Activity: 32
Hi Guys ...

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
is it possible to have email notification when a miner crash ? or when a GPU crashes ?

thanks
On ethermine.org you can tick Send a mail if one of my workers goes offline
And it will send u email if miner fail
Thanks, i've seen it lots of pools have this function..
But some other don't..
I would love to have this directly into SM..
Activity: 1
Hi

I am new to SMOS.

I'm trying to build a test mining rig now and I've got Zotac GTX 1050ti and a 1060 6GB AMP edition. 2-3 days ago when I installed the SMOS I could overclock the 1050ti, but from that evening it stopped to work. After i've got the 1060 and I cannot overclock both cards, i can just set the power limit on the 1060 and power limit and fan speed and target temperature on 1050ti. (I plugged in only 1 card at a time)

I get error message on console after boot (1060):

"Enabled persistence mode for GPU 00000000:01:00.0.
All done.
ERROR: Error querying enabled displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).
ERROR: Error querying connected displays on GPU 0 (Missing Extension).
ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:0' (No targets match target
specification), specified in query '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]'.
Available core offset for GPU 0 is in
Applying CoreOffset:
Applying PowerLimit: 80 watt for GPU 0"

Any idea why can I not overclock these cards, but I could before?
Jump to: