Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 245. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
RX Vega supported on SMOS?

No OpenCL for Vega on Linux yet, so answer is no for SMOS and other OS based on Linux
Activity: 165
Merit: 0
RX Vega supported on SMOS? if not when it will be?
Activity: 42
Hi, will SMOS works with a 12x 1080ti rig?
Activity: 12
A schedule reboot script would be nice. I've noticed this morning that some gpu was "off" after 3 days without issues. A reboot solved it so I guess a nightly reboot would be nice
Activity: 3
Hello all!

I'm new here and while not new to crypto or PC building (nearly two decades experience) I've run into an issue...

I'm running my first rig and things seemed fine until GPU 6 started to drop in performance in the Simpleminer OS. Eventually it'll die completely and not recover it's hash Rate.  My first thought was a bad riser, so I swapped it out. No dice, things can seem fine for hours but then it happens again. So out of curiosity, I swapped risers with another card to see what would happen. Still a failure on GPU 6. So I then swapped pcie slots to narrow down the issue. GPU 6 slot was then taken up by a known to be fine card and riser (gpu 4) and gpu 4 thus became gpu 6. Gpu 6 slot fails again. So is it likely a bad pcie slot if a known to be fine card and cable/riser fails there as well? Seems odd that only the GPU 6 slot seems to have an issue. Any advice would be appreciated!
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Hi Everyone,

May sound like a silly question, but is there anyway I can gracefully shutdown my rig from SMOS? I've only seem 'reboot' option so far and have been shutting down my rig when required by just switching off the PSU.

Thanks! Smiley

You mean from the web interface? No.

You can ssh to your machine and execute the following: shutdown -h now

Pressing the power button once will initiate the shutdown process as well.
Activity: 7
Hi Everyone,

May sound like a silly question, but is there anyway I can gracefully shutdown my rig from SMOS? I've only seem 'reboot' option so far and have been shutting down my rig when required by just switching off the PSU.

Thanks! Smiley
Activity: 6
WARNING !!!

Hello guys.
More and more bad people are trying to get hands on simplemining users !

Please remember that ONLY official website is simplemining.NET (NET at the end)
There is a phishing website named simplemining .ORG which is not simplemining.
We just found that out and i managed to block this imposter website for a moment.
I also reported this phishing website to few authorities.
If you used this website with .ORG at the end then your password and account is in danger !
This website was a proxy which accually forwarded all requests to our simplemining.net domain but the phidhing website was getting passwords of users which logged on this .ORG website.
Please always be aware that real website is .NET at the end !

sir is there anyway to mix 13 nvidia gpus with 6 amd gpus?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Are smOS users having issues with the new ubuntu release and having more than 1 computer wired to a rig with that update? I have a friend that uses smOS and is having this issue (I only know about it after updating ubuntu on all of my rigs and had to downgrade it to the previous version). If this is the same issue, is there a way to fix or downgrade his ubuntu? If he has 2 or more rigs wired to his router it will take the internet offline for all of his computers. The moment he only has 1 plugged in they will all immediately go back online. Thank you for the help
Anyone run with tb250-btc pro with 12 amd cards. Or can i run same 12 x rx 580 cards with simplemining os? I'cant find any info about this.

Yes you can. SMOS supports 12 cards so if you change your bios settings and update the latest bios for mobo you can smoothly run 12 rx580 cards on biostar tb250 btc pro.

There is nothing smooth about those Biostar TB250 boards. They are more difficult than they need to be. Their previous TB85 boards were much easier to get up and running. Be careful about updating to the latest BIOS version. I had difficulties with the TB250-BTC and BTC+ boards until I rolled back the bios to a much earlier 330 version.

I too am having issues with this board. I have another one but it's too far away to get to to check all my bios setting with my new one. When Windows started to boot it was hanging. I deduced that it is not a GPU or RAM issue. I overlooked the BIOS (but I did update it) so that could definitely be the issue. What were you experiencing?

First tip, hook up a speaker to the MB. I haven't had to do this in years but it's essential for this board. Your beep codes will tell you if there is a problem POSTing. Most of my errors were related to failed POSTs. One error was with RAM rated at 2400 MHz. It was failing to POST even though the specs say it can handle that. Went back to 2133 MHz. After a few successful boots on 2133 MHz, the 2400 MHz would work. WTF. I was also getting GFX not recognized/present which is six beeps. That was the most common and frustrating. I was never able to get the onboard GFX to work on either the BTC or BTC+. WTF.

Breathing the wrong way on the BIOS will also cause problems with booting so just make sure to hold your breath. If you need to reset the BIOS, short the pins with the power off per the manual. Then remove the battery and go do something else for 15 minutes. I recommend drinking since you're trying to troubleshoot this board. Come back, plug in one card to the PCIe 16X slot and start over. Otherwise, you will get the six beep error code mentioned above.

Getting this board to boot from USB requires a goat sacrifice so just be prepared. Even after flashing the 330 BIOS, this board refused to boot from USB. I eventually just burned SMOS to an SSD and booted it that way. Then I powered down, removed the SSD, and booted from USB. That worked and now it boots every time from USB. WTF. It's almost like the system needed to be primed.

These boards have been the most inconsistent I've ever worked with. Ever. I suspect if you're only trying to boot from SATA you won't have the same problems I did. If anyone gets onboard GFX to work, let me know if that requires a chicken sacrifice in addition to the goat.
Activity: 261
Campaign Manager - PM
So i already setup my rigs and pluggen in the USB, also added a monitor to check if its gonna boot or not, but after preparing everything i am getting an never ending loop of this message

there is no screen to be attached matching miner

I tried to search google for an answer but no solution has been found,.. can anyone help me regarding this issues?
Hey I just set up a rig with SMOS and for some reason I keep getting the message that "Miner ended/crashes. Restarting miner in 10 secods" I have 3 1080 ti and tried using the sample overclock on simplemining.net  for my cards because I was getting like 6 sols/sec. Can anyone help me please, thanks in advance

Try it with stock clocks first. If you're still getting this error after you do that, try using another miner but the same algorithm.
Activity: 107
Can someone please help me?
I tried adding the custom line -tt but I get the error you need to be root to edit it, now I know that I can set temp and % fan on the SM overclocking but I want to set particular fan speed for every GPU...
I really need to do this as all gpus are getting diff temperatures thanks
Activity: 336
WARNING !!!

Hello guys.

We just found that out and i managed to block this imposter website for a moment.
If you used this website with .ORG at the end then your password and account is in danger !
This website was a proxy which accually forwarded all requests to our simplemining.net domain but the phidhing website was getting passwords of users which logged on this .ORG website.

Please bring back google captcha.  So much easier to click images than type text lol
Activity: 3
Hey I just set up a rig with SMOS and for some reason I keep getting the message that "Miner ended/crashes. Restarting miner in 10 secods" I have 3 1080 ti and tried using the sample overclock on simplemining.net  for my cards because I was getting like 6 sols/sec. Can anyone help me please, thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
WARNING !!!

Hello guys.

Activity: 139
Would it be possible to create a Docker container for SMOS with full gpu passthrough?
Activity: 1
hey does anyone here know if you can mine NeoScrypt with SMOS, I am running AMD cards. If so what miner to use from the list on the groups page.
Activity: 4
What do you suggest at the moment? Use the newest image or older images? Will the older images update automatically or stay old? (What about miners? Smiley )

Want to build some new rig and not sure which image to use as some of you reported issues with the newest image.
Thanks!
Jump to: