Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 246. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Anyone run with tb250-btc pro with 12 amd cards. Or can i run same 12 x rx 580 cards with simplemining os? I'cant find any info about this.

Yes you can. SMOS supports 12 cards so if you change your bios settings and update the latest bios for mobo you can smoothly run 12 rx580 cards on biostar tb250 btc pro.

There is nothing smooth about those Biostar TB250 boards. They are more difficult than they need to be. Their previous TB85 boards were much easier to get up and running. Be careful about updating to the latest BIOS version. I had difficulties with the TB250-BTC and BTC+ boards until I rolled back the bios to a much earlier 330 version.

I too am having issues with this board. I have another one but it's too far away to get to to check all my bios setting with my new one. When Windows started to boot it was hanging. I deduced that it is not a GPU or RAM issue. I overlooked the BIOS (but I did update it) so that could definitely be the issue. What were you experiencing?
Activity: 16
hi guys first of all I am really happy of joining to cyrpto world with using SMOS which is so easy to boot/use for a newbie like me so thank you tytanick you are doing a great job.

[...]

Everybody talks about modding the bios, flash the timing, use the polaris etc. makes sense but how. I build the rig hooked up the cables, made the bios change, inserted the usb stick with SMOS and system run by itself, was so easy. After couple hours I noticed the hash rate is very low I made some overclocking on SMOS settings increased little bit to 20.5MH/s lowered the energy consumption to 125w per card.

If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??

I really appreciate your help and advise that I will follow to end that nightmare. Thank y'all

Jester -
Think you've answered your own questions with what you said in the second paragraph above.  Getting the best hashrate is like
brewing the best beer - it takes time, patience and more patience.  YouTube is a great reference for getting info on how to
overclock your cards, but figuring out the 'secret sauce' is going to be up to you  Grin

Thanks for your response pwalker, patience is the key indeed thats why I constantly read and watch and listen all gained experiences before. I believe I have some fundamental issues and also lack of knowledge about computer components and OS. Gladly I can reach thousands of people who joined cyprto world mining together, increasing shares, making profit and gain benefit together. Im sure I ll get the answer I need, hopefully soon.

Well, tell you what - I'll try answer some of your questions

1.  If anyone can tell me how I can increase the hashrate?
Increasing the hashrate can be accomplished by a number of things, ranging from the obvious voltage and core/memory speed settings, to motherboard purchases, driver upgrades, and using specific cards for certain coin algorithms.  Depending on the cards you have, there are tools available (with varying levels of capability depending on OS) that will allow you to modify those settings.  The type motherboard and bios settings can also affect hash rate.  Check your motherboard documentation to see if it supports higher rate pci-e speeds.  Drivers are a big influence in hashrate.  If the mining software is unable to quickly load/offload data from the GPUs, you will have poor hash rates.  Speaking of miners - some miners do better on certain coins than others, and that being said - the GPU itself may (or may not) be better suited for the type of math associated with a certain coin.

2. Am I have to do the bios modding for gpus??
Normally, the BIOS on the cards is suitable.  You say you are relatively new to this sort of stuff - loading GPU BIOS is a risky task that you probably shouldn't do unless you have significant experience (double that in with Linux OS's).  Failed BIOS upgrades are not forgiving - you will almost certainly render your card brain-dead

3.  Is there any way that I can do bios modding or timing changing on SMOS??
You can make speed, voltage, and Fan setting modifications in SMOS

4.  Or am I have to run windows first to flash bios for gpus then I should rerun SMOS??
I would not bother flashing BIOS unless there is a problem that is preventing the cards from working with your OS/mining software.

5.  If so how I am gonna flash 12 cards in windows??
Refer to the answer in question #4.  Otherwise, you do it one at a time

Hope this helps - good luck!!

I appreciate your time and help thank you
Activity: 103
Merit: 11
Anyone run with tb250-btc pro with 12 amd cards. Or can i run same 12 x rx 580 cards with simplemining os? I'cant find any info about this.

Yes you can. SMOS supports 12 cards so if you change your bios settings and update the latest bios for mobo you can smoothly run 12 rx580 cards on biostar tb250 btc pro.

There is nothing smooth about those Biostar TB250 boards. They are more difficult than they need to be. Their previous TB85 boards were much easier to get up and running. Be careful about updating to the latest BIOS version. I had difficulties with the TB250-BTC and BTC+ boards until I rolled back the bios to a much earlier 330 version.
Activity: 16

Activity: 63
Is there currently any built in way to view the cause of the last reboot or crash? Question seems dumb to ask about linux, but the last time I tried to enable logging I seemed to have failed. Maybe I should just try it again and see how that goes.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Thank you for the help with setting up my wallets!  I'm getting paid now!  Cool

Just curious..All of the cards are the similar model Gigabyte GPU's...but there is like 75 Sol/s variation on one or two.  Stats below...GPU0 is the troubled one.

========== Sol/s: 1855.0 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1869.9 I/s: 1007.1 Sh: 1.87 1.00
# server set difficulty to: 0000f3cf3cf3cf3cf0000000...
> GPU1 62C Sol/s: 330.5 Sol/W: 3.31 Avg: 332.4 I/s: 177.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU0 65C Sol/s: 260.4 Sol/W: 2.77 Avg: 239.3 I/s: 136.5 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU2 68C Sol/s: 312.4 Sol/W: 3.45 Avg: 309.0 I/s: 165.5 Sh: 0.66 1.00
> GPU3 52C Sol/s: 333.9 Sol/W: 3.36 Avg: 332.6 I/s: 177.6 Sh: 0.00 . .
> GPU4 61C Sol/s: 329.8 Sol/W: 3.30 Avg: 329.0 I/s: 177.8 Sh: 0.33 1.00
> GPU5 63C Sol/s: 327.8 Sol/W: 3.32 Avg: 330.3 I/s: 177.2 Sh: 0.33 1.00
========== Sol/s: 1894.8 Sol/W: 3.25 Avg: 1872.7 I/s: 1012.1 Sh: 1.99 1.00

Myself and a few others have the same issue. It's always with GPU0. It's not a hardware issue because it will perform fine in Windows, and doesn't make sense that others would have the same issue with only GPU0. Sadly, I haven't received any advice on how to resolve it or acknowledgement that anyone is listening to our issue.

I had similar problem with my Onda B250 board , was working fine in windows and slower in SMOS , found later that it was slower because i maunally set this slot to Gen1 while the rest of the slots on AUTO
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
@tytanick A simple question, have you tried or is able to modify the software of an antminer D3 miner? To try to mine other altcoins? Thank you!

Oh totoally not my field of work.
Activity: 4
@tytanick A simple question, have you tried or is able to modify the software of an antminer D3 miner? To try to mine other altcoins? Thank you!
Activity: 9
Hello,
I just started using this and I have to say that I really enjoy it and I believe that I will move all my rigs on your operating system.
I have just one thing that I don't understand.
I started my 6 GTX 1080Ti and it worked on the first try, all 6 gpu's were showing and the mining speed was above windows, so I shut it down and placed it back on the shelf and now I get " No screen session found.", miner doesn't work only if i restart the rig and it only detects 5 GPU's . ( Didn't change anything, just placed it on a shelf, all risers and cables are ok, the rig is not connected to any screen, the 6th gpu starts but the miner doesn't see it)
What could be the problem?

Thank you .

If it was working before you physically moved it, then it's not an SMOS issue.  Sounds to me you need to recheck your power connection. May want to remove GPU one by one then restarting in between to isolate which card is the issue.  Then you can further replace riser check it's cables etc....  risers are a known problem.  Bad QC. 

Ok thank you, I will try and see if it works
Hello,
I just started using this and I have to say that I really enjoy it and I believe that I will move all my rigs on your operating system.
I started my 6 GTX 1080Ti and it worked on the first try, all 6 gpu's were showing and the mining speed was above windows, so I shut it down and placed it back on the shelf and now I get " No screen session found.", miner doesn't work only if i restart the rig and it only detects 5 GPU's . ( Didn't change anything, just placed it on a shelf, all risers and cables are ok, the rig is not connected to any screen, the 6th gpu starts but the miner doesn't see it)

Thank you .

If it was working before you physically moved it, then it's not an SMOS issue.  Sounds to me you need to recheck your power connection. May want to remove GPU one by one then restarting in between to isolate which card is the issue.  Then you can further replace riser check it's cables etc....  risers are a known problem.  Bad QC. 
Hello,

Thank you .
I'm having an issue with my new rig build.  After I flash the jump drive and boot, I'm getting the error message "There is no screen to be attached matching miner".  It never even gets to the point of where the OS is updating automatically.   I'm using a Asus Prime Z270-P motherboard, Pentium G4400 processor, 4gb Ram.
Last rig, I had the same issue, but it resolved after I kept trying.
I've got 4g encoding enabled in the bios.  Bios has been updated to the latest. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Just apply group from dashboard (assuming you got it configured) and reboot.
[/quote

I'm not even getting to the point where the miner shows up in my dashboard.  It doesn't get to the point where the SMOS updates.
I'm working off the prior os file.  I've downloaded the new one today and will try that one, when I'm back out to my farm tomorrow night.
I have 4g decoding enabled, etc. already.
Activity: 14
ewbf speed is signifikant lower than previous version...

what happend tytanik?

ive got 11x 1070 wit low hashrates.

if i use the old version of smOS everything went fine...

Well, you know, you can always get a previous release of the miner and put it back on the system in /root/miner.org/[miner directory]

Good luck!

its not the miner. it hasnt changed. its newest smOS version!

Uhhhhh.....it's the miner and GPU that does the work - SMOS is just a web-based wrapper.  I was having issues with my miner, swapped it out with another release and my problem went away.  Give it a shot.  Good luck!
Activity: 6
ewbf speed is signifikant lower than previous version...

what happend tytanik?

ive got 11x 1070 wit low hashrates.

if i use the old version of smOS everything went fine...

Well, you know, you can always get a previous release of the miner and put it back on the system in /root/miner.org/[miner directory]

Good luck!

its not the miner. it hasnt changed. its newest smOS version!
bs
Activity: 6
I would like to add the miner gatelees, it can mine several algorithms that is not possible with sgminer.

thank you
Activity: 11
is the captcha at login working? I get no captcha  Undecided

solved it was an issue from my side
what settings for gigabyte 980ti DSTM equihash

Curently getting avg of 461 sol/s
Current settings are core 0, memory 600, limit 225

thanks
Activity: 30
I am very satisfied with SmOS, it is great and simple. But after update I am getting few sols less on dstm miner. Nothing big like 10 sols less for each card. OC settings are the same.

Someone posted problem that GPU0 is giving less sols than GPU1. I had same problem, just login in simplemining website and reload miner software(that circle thing with arrows). It should be ok after relaod.
On the miner screen....what do the line readouts mean.   I see the GPU number then its temp.   Next I see Sol/s (hashrate).   What is Sol/w?  Sol per watt?  Next is the average which is self explanatory.  What is I/s?  What is Sh? Then there is a 1.00 and the following line another number.  What are those last few numbers for?

Thanks
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
For people using the Asus B250 mining motherboard, has anyone gotten the reboot feature to work?  If my system reboots overnight, for some reason it just cannot start up again.

I have tried everything, it's so frustrating!

Usually it doesn't boot again because it goes into BIOS, that happens typically when risers are not functioning correctly or there is something wrong with USB (don't plug to port 3.0 for instance).
Jump to: