Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 265. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
How long does the account verification email take to arrive? Ive been waiting hours now and nothing. Even tried making an account with a separate email address and nothing.. Is it an automated thing thats meant to be instant or are admins manually sending them out? Some help would be muchly appreciated
Activity: 11
Someone else getting this error?
I've reflashed the USB stick, remounted the rig, changed risers and nothing

https://youtu.be/-qVZhGl8QBw
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Any roadmap for making Vega image stable?
The OpelCL still doesnt support Vega UNDER LINUX despite the fact that drivers support it.
So we need to wait for kernel patch from amd team Smiley And amd is moving very slowly in linux....
@tytanick What AMD GPU Pro driver version is implemented in beta firmware? Is this 17.40 or 17.50?
eb8
Activity: 5
is the prospector miner supported?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
The OpelCL still doesnt support Vega UNDER LINUX despite the fact that drivers support it.
So we need to wait for kernel patch from amd team Smiley And amd is moving very slowly in linux....

What happens if we don't pay our fee?  How long do we have to send in money?
The SWAT comes to your home and send you to Guantanamo.
If you don't pay your fee, you will not have access to updates, admin panel, etc...
For now the dahsboard will be blocked and you wont be able to see status or change anything.
It is very simple - if you want to use my OS and dahsboard then just pay and everything will be ok Smiley
If the system is too expensive then i am not holding anyone. It is as simple as that Wink
Activity: 18
Activity: 147
Merit: 1

The SWAT comes to your home and send you to Guantanamo.
If you don't pay your fee, you will not have access to updates, admin panel, etc...
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Activity: 13
what can be the reason that smos doesnt use gpu 0 and gpu 1 . It see them on the start. Other card working normally.
What to check first ?
Activity: 72
Can only get to BIOS if I unplug ALL of my graphics cards.. Even having inserted one of them during boot results in black screen.

Here is full list of hardware:
MOBO: Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon (MS-7A12)
        BIOS: E7A12IMS v1.80
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4400 @ 3.30Hz
GPU: 7 x RX470 4gb
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM

Boot order:
1. USB Key
2. UEFI USB Key
3. UEFI Hard Disk

Have the same specified advanced settings as instructed on simplemining installation guide.

Instead of getting a black screen I instead got a colored pixelated scramble. This time also without any connected graphics cards.

What, if anything, is supposed to on screen when booting SMOS without graphics cards?

Go to Bios check if You Enable Above 4G Compute + Enable Internal Graphics Card [IGP] and check PCi Version if Auto

when you do this try booting it will show the colored pixels blink couple of times and then continue, i have z270 stuck on those pixel when enabling 4gb compute
Activity: 3
Can only get to BIOS if I unplug ALL of my graphics cards.. Even having inserted one of them during boot results in black screen.

Boot order:
1. USB Key
2. UEFI USB Key
3. UEFI Hard Disk

Have the same specified advanced settings as instructed on simplemining installation guide.

Instead of getting a black screen I instead got a colored pixelated scramble. This time also without any connected graphics cards.

What, if anything, is supposed to on screen when booting SMOS without graphics cards?

Boot order:
1. USB Key
2. UEFI USB Key
3. UEFI Hard Disk

Update v1133
I just added claymore-xmr v11.0 miner

Hi Guys,
i have 3 SRR, one of the First batch and 2 of the second Batch. Have anyone an Pin Out for the 4 Wires (first Batch)? because the Colors are diffrent from the Manuel.
In General i have a Problem in understanding how that SRR is supposed to work. I cannot configure the SRR with a Full Network Config, i can only set IP Address without DNS, Netmask or DNS. So how is that supposed to work.
Do the Miner and the SRR need to be on the same Broadcast Network? This whole thing looks pretty poor Desing from Network and Security Perspective, no Login or PW protection. I'm in a Network with a lot of other Miner, how can that be secured?
Appreciate your help Guys.
There is separate thread for SRR device:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.new;topicseen#new
Anyway, the instruction for the SSRv1 is here: https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRR-manual-2017-02-20.pdf
So that should help you. If you will still have problems then please write me email to [email protected]
The rigs(Agent installed on each rig) and SRR device needs to be in one network.
They are communicating via Broadcast. No need for any security here as all is done in the same network.
Device is not designed to work in untrusted enviroment.

ASUS gave update few days ago. You obviously didn't use HIVE OS for example, which btw rules. SMOS is 1 person? he makes all that money and he can't hire at least 2-3 more devs? somebody is cheap! no wonder people are not satisfied with this OS anymore, he can't produce all those updates by himself.
Miners need and must have all the latest updates such as dstm miner because we depend on those improvements to make money. If you don't support it someone else will --> Hive OS.
Accualy we are now 4 persons. +5th from time to time.
Anyway i have big trust issues so i wont give access to anyone from my team.
The all work is going to me. Its slow but it is more secure.
And yes, People have choice and i will never force anyone to use my OS.
There is perfectmine.io, Hive OS, and also easymine.io emerging, PIMP, ETHOS and i guess some others that i am not aware of + Windows ofcourse that is free and solves all problems Smiley

I'm trying to use SMOS, but I can't even get the flashed usb to boot. Have SMOS on 32gb usb 3.0 device. Actually I don't know if it's booting or not since I can't get video feed to my monitor. SMOS Dashboard shows nothing so I suppose it doesn't boot?

This is the hardware:
MSI Z170a MOBO
7 RX470 4gb graphics cards
Intel chipset

Was running ethos and mining ETH perfectly fine so no issues with power. Couldn't change to mine etn so I have so far tried and continued to have trouble with all graphics cards on win10, ubuntu and elementary OS. Finally trying SMOS, but since I can't get it to work how can I reset my settings in BIOS to start over from beginning?

1. Yes usb is first in boot queue. (Does UEFI mode or not matter? Which should I have?)
2. Have latest BIOS
3. 4g enabled

How can I troubleshoot? Thanks in advance, I have been trying to get this to work for a week straight now and I'm happily inviting for beer to anyone who can help me get this pile to work properly.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Update v1133
I just added claymore-xmr v11.0 miner

Hi Guys,
i have 3 SRR, one of the First batch and 2 of the second Batch. Have anyone an Pin Out for the 4 Wires (first Batch)? because the Colors are diffrent from the Manuel.
In General i have a Problem in understanding how that SRR is supposed to work. I cannot configure the SRR with a Full Network Config, i can only set IP Address without DNS, Netmask or DNS. So how is that supposed to work.
Do the Miner and the SRR need to be on the same Broadcast Network? This whole thing looks pretty poor Desing from Network and Security Perspective, no Login or PW protection. I'm in a Network with a lot of other Miner, how can that be secured?
There is separate thread for SRR device:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1695298.new;topicseen#new
Anyway, the instruction for the SSRv1 is here: https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRR-manual-2017-02-20.pdf
So that should help you. If you will still have problems then please write me email to [email protected]
The rigs(Agent installed on each rig) and SRR device needs to be in one network.
They are communicating via Broadcast. No need for any security here as all is done in the same network.
Device is not designed to work in untrusted enviroment.

ASUS gave update few days ago. You obviously didn't use HIVE OS for example, which btw rules. SMOS is 1 person? he makes all that money and he can't hire at least 2-3 more devs? somebody is cheap! no wonder people are not satisfied with this OS anymore, he can't produce all those updates by himself.
Miners need and must have all the latest updates such as dstm miner because we depend on those improvements to make money. If you don't support it someone else will --> Hive OS.
Accualy we are now 4 persons. +5th from time to time.
Anyway i have big trust issues so i wont give access to anyone from my team.
The all work is going to me. Its slow but it is more secure.
And yes, People have choice and i will never force anyone to use my OS.
There is perfectmine.io, Hive OS, and also easymine.io emerging, PIMP, ETHOS and i guess some others that i am not aware of + Windows ofcourse that is free and solves all problems Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1014
Hi Guys,

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
There is need not only for new Claymore but also sgminer and gateless. Im prety sure tytanick will add it asap
Activity: 127
Merit: 10

i tried it with my 4 Vegas, but it is not finding any GPUs
i tested the newer RC2 version.
Then I cannot help you. You need to ask @tytanick. But tomorrow I will have one Vega 56 to make some tests. I'll let you know whether my test rig can see it or not.

thank you.
Gigabyte RX Vega 56 does not work with SMOS beta http://download.simplemining.net/beta/simpleminer-RX-NV-rc2.img.zip image. No OPENGL drivers or something like that message.
Activity: 8
Add Claymore XMR v11
Say please.. im sure the dev would appreciate some manners guys.

Yep, you are right. Just imagine I didn't wrote that.
Here's the better way:

Please add Claymore XMR v11 so we can mine CryptoNight on Claymore's Miner. v10.2 hangs out wgen it comes to devfee mining after Nicehash was hacked. I would appreciate it a lot!
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Seems to me noob's these days are feelin more and more entitled. SMoS is not a team, it is one person. Also, the crappy B250 board is yet to support more than 13 GPU's, Asus promised a BIOS update but it hasn't arrived yet.
So I wonder what it is that you feel SMoS isnt supporting? Can you get more than 13 to work in Windows? Or some other flavor of linux? Cause SMoS supports the maximum GPU/Motherboard combos of any linux based OOB mining OS.
It is the cleanest easiest to use unified Mining OS that I have ever used, and I have used them ALL (except perhaps Eliovp's PandaminerOS).

Continued support is paramount, agreed, but Tytanik hasn't failed us yet. Since he is a one man show, it takes a short while for updates, especially if they're needed to support some new/obscure combo of hardware that not many people may be using, but they do come out eventually.
Asus gave a general bios update, still no update to fix support for 19 GPU's. Also HiveOS is good, but does not work on 3 of my wide variety of motherboards while SMoS does, so I cant give it full points.
I want them both to succeed because competition in the mining OS market is good for us, the consumers.
Activity: 165
Seems to me noob's these days are feelin more and more entitled. SMoS is not a team, it is one person. Also, the crappy B250 board is yet to support more than 13 GPU's, Asus promised a BIOS update but it hasn't arrived yet.
So I wonder what it is that you feel SMoS isnt supporting? Can you get more than 13 to work in Windows? Or some other flavor of linux? Cause SMoS supports the maximum GPU/Motherboard combos of any linux based OOB mining OS.
It is the cleanest easiest to use unified Mining OS that I have ever used, and I have used them ALL (except perhaps Eliovp's PandaminerOS).

Jump to: