Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 267. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

i tried it with my 4 Vegas, but it is not finding any GPUs
i tested the newer RC2 version.
Then I cannot help you. You need to ask @tytanick. But tomorrow I will have one Vega 56 to make some tests. I'll let you know whether my test rig can see it or not.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Having a issue with SMOS i currently have a 6 rx580  4gb (vbios modified to get roughly 28.5 mh/s) on b250 mining setup and I always get the error "binary file (standard input) matches (error -38)" after 1-2 hours of mining. I searched a lot on the web tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

I was using windows before and rig use to crash few hours into mining just like when using SMOS.

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I cant tell how many hours ive put into trying to solve this problem.

Thanks.

If it's crashing on both it's your setup - don't know your hardware but I'd recheck your overclock settings might be too high or an issue w/hardware.

thanks, i will try this tonight when i get back from work. I will flash them back to original Vbios and test them for the night.

The weird thing is that the miner worked when i had 4 gpus plugged, it also worked last week with all of the 6 gpus plugged in.. but i decided to do a few tweaks to one card since it wasn't flashed and from that tweak everything seems to be going to hell.
Activity: 401
Merit: 254

i tried it with my 4 Vegas, but it is not finding any GPUs
i tested the newer RC2 version.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
I have 12 cards installed an i have configured 12 cards in the overclocking settings like this

But in the Webside i can only see 10 cards like this

1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 1100 (1)
2100 2100 2100 2100 1900 2100 2100 1900 2000 1900

What is the problem, or is this a bug on the webside?

Best Regards
Willi
Activity: 12
I've read that people having trouble adjusting low voltage with RX cards.
Is this still the case ?

Rgs
Activity: 1
I'm new to SMOS and i've flashed the USB and changed email. But when I boot up my rig it comes with the ''There is no screen attached to the miner'' and I can't seem to find it under my SMOS account. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Having a issue with SMOS i currently have a 6 rx580  4gb (vbios modified to get roughly 28.5 mh/s) on b250 mining setup and I always get the error "binary file (standard input) matches (error -38)" after 1-2 hours of mining. I searched a lot on the web tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

I was using windows before and rig use to crash few hours into mining just like when using SMOS.

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. I cant tell how many hours ive put into trying to solve this problem.

Thanks.

If it's crashing on both it's your setup - don't know your hardware but I'd recheck your overclock settings might be too high or an issue w/hardware.
Activity: 2
Having a issue with SMOS i currently have a 6 rx580  4gb (vbios modified to get roughly 28.5 mh/s) on b250 mining setup and I always get the error "binary file (standard input) matches (error -38)" after 1-2 hours of mining. I searched a lot on the web tried a few things but nothing seems to work.

Thanks.
Activity: 113
I wrote a simple bash script to get some share stats on current running miner.
Assuming you activated "screen logs", there it is :
Code:
#!/bin/bash

log=screenlog.0

while [ ! -f $log ]
 do ls
 echo "Enter logfile name :"
 read log
done

ACC=$(grep accepted $log | wc -l)
INC=$(grep incorrect $log | wc -l) # CryptoNote incorrect shares
STA=$(grep Stale $log | wc -l) # EquiHash stale shares

ERR=$[ 100 * $[ $INC + $STA ] / $[ $ACC + $INC + $STA ] ]

# Display

echo -e "\n
\tLogfile\t: $log
\tAccepted  : $ACC
\tIncorrect : $INC
\tStale     : $STA
\tTotal\t: $[ $ACC + $INC + $STA ]
\t% Lost\t: $ERR\n
"

It will display results like this :
Code:
miner@simpleminer:~$ share_stats

Logfile : screenlog.0
Accepted  : 255
Incorrect : 32
Stale     : 1
Total : 288
% Lost : 11

miner@simpleminer:~$
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
I might have a look at this soon, currently running Windows for my rigs but it's a pain to try and update them all. The one thing I am worried about it adding new miners, can this be done by myself or does it have to be done by SMOS?

I switched to SMOS from Windows months ago for the same reason, Windows is a huge pain. Windows is probably fine if you don't have a lot of rigs, I have 12, not a ton, but is enough to be a pain. Reliability/up-time has improved big time, I can go weeks at a time with no downtime or reboots. Trade-off being you're stuck mining what SMOS can mine, which is a decent selection of coins. You have a lot more flexibility in Windows for other coins. For me it was totally worth the switch.

Would be really nice if SMOS had an Android/iPhone app!

That's a pretty big fucking trade off being only able to mine what smos lets you mine. No thanks. Alexis78 isn't even on there and it's been a year, and look how long it took to get DTSM on there. No thanks. I'll take control myself.

I have ZERO problems running windows, I keep reading this guy has this problem this guy has that problem, unstable etc. It comes down to one thing. You didn't set up windows right, You really only need to turn off Update and literally 1 more thing, rigs run for months no issues.
Activity: 27
Is there any chance that profit switching will come to simple mining os?

I am asking because i currently run all my rigs off windows with awesome miner using profit switching, but i have had lots of pains with windows lately with new builds and simple mining is just so much easier to setup, but i really enjoy the profit switching i use on awesome miner currently.

I never totally got on board with profit switching. I tried it on Awesome miner for a bit, pretty cool. Have been trying to figure out in what scenario it'd be beneficial. The only scenario I can think of is if I'm going take what I've mined and quickly turn around and sell it on an exchange. If I plan on holding what I mine for awhile it really doesn't matter that much. Maybe there are other scenarios I'm not thinking of? Just not sure how you'd earn more profit switching unless you sell right away.
Activity: 27
I might have a look at this soon, currently running Windows for my rigs but it's a pain to try and update them all. The one thing I am worried about it adding new miners, can this be done by myself or does it have to be done by SMOS?

I switched to SMOS from Windows months ago for the same reason, Windows is a huge pain. Windows is probably fine if you don't have a lot of rigs, I have 12, not a ton, but is enough to be a pain. Reliability/up-time has improved big time, I can go weeks at a time with no downtime or reboots. Trade-off being you're stuck mining what SMOS can mine, which is a decent selection of coins. You have a lot more flexibility in Windows for other coins. For me it was totally worth the switch.

Would be really nice if SMOS had an Android/iPhone app!
Activity: 322
Merit: 233
Is there any chance that profit switching will come to simple mining os?

I am asking because i currently run all my rigs off windows with awesome miner using profit switching, but i have had lots of pains with windows lately with new builds and simple mining is just so much easier to setup, but i really enjoy the profit switching i use on awesome miner currently.
Activity: 113
I'm getting my hardware (6 x RX580) next week and I'm looking for what OS to use.

I've read a lot about modding the bios of the GPU and since I don't have accesss to a windows machine (except as a virtual machine) can SMOS take care of that for me or what should I do?

If I have two different kinds of RX580, anything special to think about or it's all automagical?

I'm using the R9 version, so maybe it's not true for RX.
The atiflash tool located in /root/utils/atiflash. I think usage is same as DOS version :

Code:
--- ATIFLASH v4.25 ---
-h, -?, /h, /?          Help (this screen)

Format: ATIFLASH [command] [parameter1] [parameter2] [parameter3]

It worked fine to back up current VBIOS and update it, on a regular Sapphire R9 290.
Hashrate did not increase though...
Activity: 6
Hi
Is posible work with usb wifi?

And how config?

Not possible and wont support it soon.
Wifi slows down mining anyway.

I know it's a bit old but this is the page as 1st result searching on Google as "SMOS WiFI".
Still wondering why everyone keep saying it's slower with wifi. I dont see any difference. Just connected with wifi connection and speed is same. I did 5 hours testing with LAN and WiFI. I know all stories but we're not talking about video streaming or something similar.

Conclusion is YES, it's possible to use SMOS with WiFi. Just some linux workout and having stable WiFi signal.
Activity: 23
@Titanick
I was planing to ask you for a miner for scrypt/lyra/etc... but instead of that I´m gonna make a suggestion:
Can you add a way to upload a miner binary as a custom miner? actually I do it by myself just using same names as other miners that I don´t use, but is a pain in the ass because I have to go to the farm and do it one by one in the rigs.

Sometimes I want to test with small coins just to mine enought to have a masternode or just because is funny, but there is no way to mine something "different" than the top10 in whattomine. Some people, like me, are not mining for inmediate reward, but for strategic movements in future.

Thanks
Activity: 34
[Question]

I just started using SMOS and I think it is great.
However I have a question and I was hoping someone can help.

[Huh] On a Rig with (5x RX480 - Bootstrap to 1625 Memory Timing) running Windows 10 (Claymore 10.2) = 750Watt.
Dual mining ETH at 124Mhz + 415 Mhz LBRY.

When I switched over to SMOS, power consumption went up as high as 930 Watt, is this normal?
SMOS overclocking settings are 975 Core Mhz, 1850Mhz Mem, 950 Undervolting and Powerstage 5. PCIE has been set to AUTO.
Did I do something wrong?

Thank you.
Activity: 55
About to give SMOS a go as one of my clients uses it and regularly asks for my help.

I notice 2 downloads for RX.. RX OS, and RX DAG Fix

How do these relate? Install OS then install DAG fix afterwards or what?

Doesn't seem to be any documentation about this on.

Cheers,
Nash

just flash the dagfix. No need to download the other. it's stable now. people were originally given the option since dagfix consumed more power.
Jump to: