Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 262. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 1
hello guys, i have a newbie question... Could I use an amd and nvidia GPU in the same rig with SMOS?
I saw a file created for nvidea and another one for amd, but i didnt find any of them for both.
Thanks!

Hey guys, please help!
You gave the answer in your question Wink
Activity: 176
Merit: 5
hello guys, i have a newbie question... Could I use an amd and nvidia GPU in the same rig with SMOS?
I saw a file created for nvidea and another one for amd, but i didnt find any of them for both.
Thanks!

Hey guys, please help!
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hi,

Please update dstm:

Version 0.5.7

reduce cpu load
minor performance improvements
con: use single pool connection
con: ssl: clear session data before reconnect
nvml: handle invalid values

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dstms-zcash-equihash-nvidia-miner-v062-linux-windows-2021765

Linux x64:
sha1 e7a38b2771e2b8d976435a6b569053d103bc9465
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11e1fSA2cl14xRL8sMA9BA3AhBGQNn4e4

Win x64:
sha1 808dcfc440beb6af98c84420e1299b211033c8ce
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WTJylr2uJYy_7-5isuja34ONu0WEBhin

I've been doing some testing. It fixes a large amount of stability issues i've had with Nvidia's 1070/1060's.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I don't know if there was an update or what but my 11 card 1060 rig won't mine anything I try with ccminer-tpruvot-v2.1. X17, Neo, Nist5 etc etc all throw segmentation errors or like a million errors to fast for me to make out point to some folder mentioning Nvidia. Rig was working fine until a couple hours ago.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Has anyone seen the error "Miner cannot initialize for 5 minutes, need to restart miner!"?

I am using Claymore 10.  I was using ETH + DCR, and switched to UBIQ + DCR and am now randomly getting this error.  It was fine before :/
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Looking for some help, been using Nvidia cards with SMOS without any issues, so I decided to try some AMD RX570's. SMOS does not see the cards, but windows 2016 does on the same motherboard. SMOS just reports there are no AMD open gl devices found.

lspci reports:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev ef)
01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aaf0
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 11)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev ef)
04:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aaf0
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev ef)
05:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aaf0

This is on a Asrock Q5000 motherboard, with quad core apu instead of a regular cpu. I have 4 of these miners running with SMOS & Nvidia cards without issues. They are all exactly the same, 3 card rigs, except I got AMD RX570's from MSI.

In case your wondering why the embedded motherboard, they are very efficient at about 9.5 watts but when one crashes it only takes 3 cards off line, instead of 6-12. Plus normally I plug it all in and it works without any hassle.

Thanks for any thoughts!
Activity: 3
i keep getting this :

============ Starting Miner ===============
*** ccminer skunk-krnlx for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github config.json Built with the nVidia CUDA Toolkit 8.0 64-bits
Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
Include some algos from alexis78, djm34, sp, tsiv and klausT.
BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)
[2017-12-24 00:24:43] Starting on stratum tcp://pool.bsod.pw:8433
[2017-12-24 00:24:43] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
[2017-12-24 00:24:43] 4 miner threads started, using 'auto' algorithm.
/root/xminer.sh: line 58: 23586 Illegal instruction $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIO
NS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

Can someone help me solve it Huh? i have seen this question before here but no answers

my settings are : -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://pool.bsod.pw:8433 -u AbZxsGkqJDHV9zqQxK3gpiKd19L72gvtmF -p x
Activity: 50
I LOVE YOU SMOS! Couldn't get Windows to run more than 9 cards. Now I have 11 with SMOS and the stability is insane! Not one crash in 2 days 1070tis zen dstm.

Eagerly waiting for dstm .5.7 implementation 😁
Activity: 55
Is there any way to notify me when a rig goes down?

Not at the moment. We (well at least I) am waiting for the day when it will be implemented...

Mine to a pool that has this feature. most of them do and will send you an email within 10-20 minutes of the rig going down. This shouldn't be that important of a feature, because Claymore with "-r 1 -minspeed ###" will auto reboot your rig 99% of the time without issue, and a stable rig should be running for days and days without even needing that.

Aside from that you should have something like a Wemo Insight hooked up to the main PSU so that you can do remote power off/on, monitor watts usage, and with the Wemo you can use IFTTT to auto cycle the power if the rig completely hangs for that 1% of the time that Claymore doesn't do it for you.

If you don't have a Wemo to remote the power on and off, then what will you do with a notification if you're not at home or wherever the miner is? You're better to just get a remote switch like a Wemo and automate the whole process, then a notification isn't required at all, and just a courtesy to let you know of a major hardware failure.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Is there any way to notify me when a rig goes down?

Not at the moment. We (well at least I) am waiting for the day when it will be implemented...
Activity: 176
Merit: 5
Thanks!
Activity: 118
Guys, how can i change some files in simplemining ? I want to change core library of ccminer.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
I have deposited 0.10 ETH, the tx is confirmed on simplemining but value shows 0$ and my balance is -0.70$... Anyone having same problem?

It's always like this don't worry. If in one or two days, nothing changes, just write an email to support.
Activity: 490
Merit: 264
| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |
I have deposited 0.10 ETH, the tx is confirmed on simplemining but value shows 0$ and my balance is -0.70$... Anyone having same problem?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Easy to use GPU MINING Operating System, is there any tutorials? How does it works?
Activity: 118
Hello, i want to ask you, is it possible to update lyra2z ccminer with cuda9 version whitch does work with pascal gpus ? Version implemented in simplemining cause 50% drop in reported hashrate to te pool...
version from 4. October  from djm34 works fine.

Or is there some way how to implement it by myself ?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Is there a way under smos to determine what memory does gpu have (Samsung, hynix or micron)?

This worked fine with my R9s :
https://github.com/Zuikkis/amdmeminfo
Activity: 55
Is there a way under smos to determine what memory does gpu have (Samsung, hynix or micron)?
Shocked
@ivan1109 You need to learn... a lot...

Try GPU-Z application.

Oh great wise one. Please explain how to use GPU-z on SMOS...

This should be good...
Activity: 1
Rig was showing previously  in rig list.  While tweeking some overclocks, rig is no longer displayed in the rig list in the simplemining browser.  Emails match up, even redone the entire flashing process from the beginning.  Now, the machine is not displayed in the rig list AND i'm getting error: Cannot verify hostname - Miner ended/crashed - restarting in 10 sec..... over and over and over again.  Please help! Sad
Activity: 50
Gettin "Binary file (standard input) matches" after claymore successfully have listed all 13 cards.

My setup is following:

-ethi 6 -gser 2 -eres 1 -wd 0 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x235e69e5723beddbcf9a5c3d173fe07f8a5ade53.bigrig -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

The -ethi 6, -gser 2  and -eres 1 settings is my attempt to figure out a fix. they were not nessicary until recently!

Running simplemining OS on asrock h110 pro btc+ from a fast usb3 stick. 16 GB ram, intel 4600 gpu, 2x 1000 psu. Hardware should be fine, but software keeps bugging me..
Also have a mild overclock/underclock (some of my cards are flashed an tested successfully at 2150-2200, yet again, some of them only to 1900 stock. Have set 2000 as memory overclock. And as i stated earlyer, it has worked fine untill this day. Suddenly i have a plethora of restarts for no aparant reason... and "Gettin Binary file (standard input) matches" does not help me much in figuring out the problem.... Before my problem started i had a steady 375mh/sec.. Now the few times im able to start the miner i get like 187 for a short while, then the miner restarts. When the miner restarts and listing the cards i notice that their stated memory has been cut inhalf,., so the4GB 570 suddenly has 2GB, same with 580, 8gb, listed as 4gb...

Also this problem has started to occur.. again out of the blue.. was working fine just a few days ago
============ OVERCLOCKING =================                                                                                                                                                                                                     |
/root/utils/oc_dpm.sh: line 6: [: 2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000,2000: integer expression expected                                                                                                                 |
Invalid OC values: core:0 memory:2000 , skipping OC                                                                                                                                                                    

Please Help!
Losing money every our of downtime. Got a pretty long ROI on this setup...

a Donation is in zcash or eth is in order for the one who are able to return my rig to its former glory Smiley

How did you get 10 + cards on one rig to recognize? My mobo bios recognizes card but when smos loads it doesn't see it? 9 cards works fine I just hook the tenth up and nothing...
Jump to: