Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 324. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
The Gaming X is a better card then the Armor model because the cooling on the Gaming X is way better. The Armor only has one heat pipe for cooling and will run hot. Now I could be wrong but from reading reviews from other miners I don't think I am. Google is your friend.

Just joined Simple Mining and am in the middle building my first rig.

Not sure i can read through 5600 odd posts, although i will search here if i get a problem.

I do have a question though.

Whats the difference between all the models on NVIDIA 8Gb 1080 cards? They range quite alot in price. Not the mini cards. The same goes for similar models, ie 1070s AMD 570's etc.

I've just pulled these two from Amazon:
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X SLI DirectX 12 VR Ready Graphics Card (GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC)
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8 GB GDDR5X 2560 Core VR Ready Graphics Card with Twin Frozr VI Plus RGB LEDs - Black

The second is getting on for twice the price.

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

Not sure i can read through 5600 odd posts, although i will search here if i get a problem.

Whats the difference between all the models on NVIDIA 8Gb 1080 cards? They range quite alot in price. Not the mini cards. The same goes for similar models, ie 1070s AMD 570's etc.

MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X SLI DirectX 12 VR Ready Graphics Card (GTX 1080 ARMOR 8G OC)
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8 GB GDDR5X 2560 Core VR Ready Graphics Card with Twin Frozr VI Plus RGB LEDs - Black

this is not a place for such questions
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Hey admin , thanks for dagfix and VA control Smiley
it is excellant..

Eventually I succeeded to install dagfix with the help of red icon online Smiley

Whatever I did , I couldn't install dagfix iso versions to my Flash disks..

it was very easy to install online...

my mainboard was ds3p 970 Gigabyte...

But no problem my rigs now...

Energy management is also helpful. while I was using my 5 * rx580 8 gb with 880 W before I install update , then now I use it now only 800 W with 900VA 29.5 MH..
Thanks Smiley
Activity: 42
Hi everyone)

i applied the dag fix, and one of the rigs went off

it wrote "Beta ROCM update completed, reboot in 60 seconds"

now it is off

what went wrong?
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Anyone tried the latest update on a Pandaminer??

I'm hesitant to try is as my Pandas are remote in another country and I don't want them to lock up.

yeah pretty risky. i ran it and my power jumped up big time. i had to set the core. my psu is 750 but the power draw was 820. i guess there is headroom with psu's, but i'm not sure if i'd want to risk it remotely.
Activity: 186
Anyone tried the latest update on a Pandaminer??

I'm hesitant to try is as my Pandas are remote in another country and I don't want them to lock up.
Activity: 24
I have handmade PC resetter, I need to run infinite pings on it (keepalive). So how can I run additional command? Basically I can add it to miner command line:
Ping host -t & ...
will this work? Or any other solution?

SRR?
No, it's handmade which costs ~5$ =)
Just need to run ping command to it...
I want to switch to smOS, but this stops me...
Activity: 49
Hey Tyatanick... I'd just like to take the time to thank you for your work on successfully rolling out the Core Undervolting feature. THANK YOU MAN! Not only has it  extended the long term feasibility of GPU mining, but you have likely saved (with a single update) our planet a PETAwatt hour of energy over the next year alone. BRAVO!!!  Grin

phenomenal, now it's working correctly and with a 4 - 5+ MH/s improvement on the hashrate / card depending on memory, superb. Just one Q., before the dag fix I had finally gotten acceptable energy levels at power stage 3, to keep the energy levels around the same, should I go for 900 on the core undervolt or even lower, while keeping power stage at 3 ?
You need to experiment with it. I have mine on powerstage 3 and 900 .
You should watch powermeter and try to lower powerstage or undervolting and if it takes less wattage and its stable then ok.
If not then try to rise powerstage first.
Anyway this works as powestage+undervolt so if you have 900mv at powerstage 7 and second case on powerstage 3, then this 3 will take less wattage.
I dont know exactly what happening, i just know from experience that it behaves like that Smiley

Each GPU has own tolerance for undervolting.
Even 6 indentical GPUs from the same part are totally different. Once could undervolt to 900 while other to 850 remaining stable.
Every GPU is very separate case Smiley Also risers are important.
Bad risers i think can result in less stable voltage and can cause problems.
In this word there is milion cases that something will go wrong Cheesy

Is the anyway to view GPU Power Usage and Efficiency? I saw a video on the utube and there was a box with this info in it on his screen the os running.
I will add this to my TODO list and do it in some time yes.

Hello, i have a problem. NVIDIA 1080 cant overclock. I have update NV1127. How can i use updt 1128? Pls help me.. 2 days ago always be perfect,its new updt Sad
What i need to do? Thx
I need reebot rig to get new update?
Please write to me at [email protected]
I want to take a look on your rig.
Can you forward ssh port to your mining rig ang give it to me VIA EMAIN (not here !)
Or prepare team viewer to ay windows that is in he same network as your rig ?
Also send me rig name and email of this rig.
I have very little cases that this update fixed maaany cases but also caused new problems that didnt existed before.
Also try rebooting our rig and see if that will fix your problem ! (it might).
If not then write to me to email.

How to enable\use teamviewer in smos?
There is no such thing. RX OS is console only. Headless OS.

Is the DAG fix version safe?  I remember reading that it can be buggy for people.  If I got it running stable is it safe to leave alone or are there things we need to worry about?
Activity: 652
Merit: 266

Nice. So help me understand what the Bios offset is doing in this scenario since the core is already at 850mv?

Without offset this rig with core at 850mv wasn't stable (was at around 925). My guess is that GPU with added offset is better controlling voltages and thus is stable with lower values.

Its not a guess, you are absolutely right. The offset you added sends direct command to the voltage regulator, while this(see my previous post) is not actual undervolting, its not even working with the driver...my guess is its simply dropping VDDC to current VDDCI voltage state which is ~900/950mV.
I thought I'll share my results. Thats combination of os undervolting + offset. We are back to old results Smiley

That's 6x Sapphire Pulse RX 570 with hynix memory.

Wow! Congrats what settings did you use?
Activity: 366

Nice. So help me understand what the Bios offset is doing in this scenario since the core is already at 850mv?

Without offset this rig with core at 850mv wasn't stable (was at around 925). My guess is that GPU with added offset is better controlling voltages and thus is stable with lower values.

Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

This looks mighty inspiring, maybe ill switch back to smOS, undervolting was the one thing keeping me away Smiley
Would you care to share your clocks/volts too? Also by offset, you mean a hardcoded bios offset, right?

All GPU's are different and such results are not guaranteed. Most of my rigs are running at around 800 watts.
By offset yes I mean modifying bios and manually adding and offset (for some fee I can do that for interested parties).

Here are my settings for this one particular rig

Activity: 27
I thought I'll share my results. Thats combination of os undervolting + offset. We are back to old results Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/UvXXgXs.png

https://i.imgur.com/rvcXkft.jpg

This looks mighty inspiring, maybe ill switch back to smOS, undervolting was the one thing keeping me away Smiley
Would you care to share your clocks/volts too? Also by offset, you mean a hardcoded bios offset, right?

great !

how much did you undervolt ? what GPU and Memory clocks ?

Thanks
Activity: 378
Pretty please could we have an API for the SimpleMining.net site? At the very least even a plain text or json return of the current "rigs list" and their relative stats.

All GPU's are different and such results are not guaranteed. Most of my rigs are running at around 800 watts.
By offset yes I mean modifying bios and manually adding and offset (for some fee I can do that for interested parties).

Here are my settings for this one particular rig

Activity: 21
Great results twofreckles

propergol, I did not test that yet I don't have time for that right now unfortunately and no body has answered this question yet Sad
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

Jump to: