Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 328. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
@tytanik - i experience the same issue issue like most of users with NV and more cards.
H110+ 13 x P106 setup, found everything from the start, have the following problems:
1. Overclocking works pretty strange, to clock the memory of the P106 from 4000 to 4900 i needed to put 1600 as parameter. Steps that increase the MHz are really not relevant. Putting 900 clock to 4400 something.
2. Finally stabilized the machine to 325MH and runs well but it reboots without reason 14 times for 10 hours. Temperatures are under 65C, target is 76C.

So how to fix those nonsense reboots ?

Yes, please do let us know how to fix these constant reboots on H110+ 13 x 1070 setups. Thank you.

@tytanik I experience the same issue and my 2 cents are, that the issue is a side-effect from server side changes for v1125 where you fixed some OC stuff for RX cards, but now configuration files for NV cards are not properly generated anymore from settings that perfectly worked before.

Following message appears when trying to apply the OC settings:

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined: please run `nvidia-settings --help`for usage information.

It would be nice to see a fix for this issue! Thx a lot!
Activity: 10
Same here. 1060's do not overclock, but the RX core undervolting is working!
Activity: 18
Nvidia overclock broken for me also. 13 1070s h110 pro btc+
Activity: 14
Overclocking nVidia stopped working today with the latest update.

SCREEN DUMP:

Available core offset for GPU 5 is in
Applying CoreOffset:
Applying PowerLimit: 150 watt for GPU 5
Applying CoreOffset: 150 MemoryOffset: 1000 for GPU 6 with GPU Type: 3
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to ser
ver socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help`
       for usage information.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
Waiting for some positive feedback from the optional dag fix update ? If everything is running smoothly with stable undervolting control after the DAG fix, I'll install it immediately...
Activity: 1
I confirm, performance has dropped. The system does not overclock the graphics card. Sad (NVIDIA)
Activity: 14
Overclocking on nvidia is not working from today... I reboot rig and now it is working without overclock.
Activity: 4
Hey guys ! i have delete my rigs on SM but i would like recover them ! i have reinstall SM on my Usb key but nothin appear..

Thanks !
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
pls help me why i cant load simplemining

what motherboard, what bios settings, what hardware....

motherboard TB250 PRO
BIOS   

i used intel 3900 and 12 MSI 570 armo

i was not able to install SMOS on this MB ....

what motherboard, what bios settings, what hardware....
Activity: 4
https://ibb.co/giMntw
The issue with the constant reboots of systems with a lot of GPUs seems to be related to single cards. As overclock apply to whole machine you could have a single card/cards that can't handle the clock and hung means reboot of machine. Here is a screenshot of two 1:1 machines with same HW, 1st one reboot every 1hr, 2nd one is not. So my suggestion to keep the logs files "current minus 1" will help to see which card to underclock. Can we put clock values with commas to separate for different GPU: like 100,150,80,200,100.... ?

Hello Sony87,

I check your picture, please inform me, what do you set up to see all C/fan AND ALL CORE/MEM for your all cards?
I have 11x RX580 card, in field C/fan I see 11x, but in field core/mem only 10x.

https://gyazo.com/d22446cf9fb513cf6740ca6cbd2111f9

nothing actually, this is SMOS business....
Activity: 29
Hello
i have a problem i have a gigabyte mobo (z170x) with amd fx cpu and the problem is that in simple mining it cannot connect to the internet to start mining and with the same mobo and cpu if i boot in windows it connects to the internet normally what might be the problem?
thank you
do we have any news for this problem??
Activity: 18
any 1070 user mining zcash coin can tell me what sol/s are you getting with smos?I can't get more than 415 but windows I get around 450-460

Hello. I am 1080 user. Getting 560 sols/s with

Code:
Core: 100
Mem: 400
PL: 160

Looking for the further tune. It there anybody getting near 600 sols per 1080 gpu?
Activity: 25
The issue with the constant reboots of systems with a lot of GPUs seems to be related to single cards. As overclock apply to whole machine you could have a single card/cards that can't handle the clock and hung means reboot of machine. Here is a screenshot of two 1:1 machines with same HW, 1st one reboot every 1hr, 2nd one is not. So my suggestion to keep the logs files "current minus 1" will help to see which card to underclock. Can we put clock values with commas to separate for different GPU: like 100,150,80,200,100.... ?

https://preview.ibb.co/c7gYyw/11.png

Hello Sony87,

I check your picture, please inform me, what do you set up to see all C/fan AND ALL CORE/MEM for your all cards?
I have 11x RX580 card, in field C/fan I see 11x, but in field core/mem only 10x.

https://gyazo.com/d22446cf9fb513cf6740ca6cbd2111f9

Activity: 378
any 1070 user mining zcash coin can tell me what sol/s are you getting with smos?I can't get more than 415 but windows I get around 450-460
Activity: 40
"OK guys. I have some progress in undervolting and it might accually work.
If you guys want time frame then in next 2-6 days it should be released
."

Can't wait anymore...

When will we be able to handle speed and voltage properly   Huh

As soon as he finishes ripping off the (buggy) voltage control code from EthOS. Tongue

What this has to do with ethos ?

I have no choice to use ethos or smos because i'm setting up 12 similar gpus rigs... Ethos is bothering me with it's manual commands... I'm thinking about smos as an alrernative.
My other rigs in Windows run with extreme oc settings but i'm quite worried about smos performance (not installed yet)
Activity: 40
"OK guys. I have some progress in undervolting and it might accually work.
If you guys want time frame then in next 2-6 days it should be released
."

Can't wait anymore...

When will we be able to handle speed and voltage properly   Huh
Activity: 42
Unseen problem, Im out of ideas - help!!!
One of my rigs reboots from time to time (sometimes after 1 hour of mining, sometimes after 10 hours) with following error:

https://preview.ibb.co/hXiSQb/error.png

I have three more rigs with absolutely same setup - they work stable for days.

All rigs with nv1070, oc: Core-125,Memory-0,PowerLimit-99w, TargetTemp-69c, MinFan-45%.

Im out of ideas - help!!
Jump to: