Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 326. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 440
Merit: 250
I am using following setting to OC my MSI P-106 cards. It is way different than afterburner settings. I am having a feeling it can be further tweak. Experts please guide me.

core clock 95
Memory1450
power usage 110

this power usage will bring you nothing but heat, try:
core clock 80
Memory 1600
power usage 80
+ "-gser 1" in the config of Claymore to protect the  PSU and stabilize the starting of the miner, this help with x13 GPU setup Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user tZCASH_ADRESS.WORKER --pass x --port 3333 --fee 0 --pec --api 0.0.0.0:42000

Thank you but how? I am trying to learn this and am lost a bit.Is it put into the same place that your wallet address is put? And what do I put?

Is the anyway to view GPU Power Usage and Efficiency? I saw a video on the utube and there was a box with this info in it on his screen the os running.

On the ewbf-0.3.4b, there is an option --api - for web monitoring (for example --api 0.0.0.0:42000), http://127.0.0.1:42000. Or --pec - for monitoring in the console. Efficiency  Hash(Sol)/Watt
Activity: 7
I am using following setting to OC my MSI P-106 cards. It is way different than afterburner settings. I am having a feeling it can be further tweak. Experts please guide me.

core clock 95
Memory1450
power usage 110

Still +175w more with same speed that i get on windows with 6x ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING
You need to enter something like 900 . in undervolt.

Yes please share with us.  I see the "Update" button and would like more information before I click it.
Click it, you will see info in confirmation window.

the only thing is that you dont need to reflash your USB/SSD and can press update in order for it to work with hashrates back to normal... +more power consumption....
dissapointed...
Be sure you have even 850 and lets say 4 powerstage level and compare wattage.

Restart didn't help, when i removed overclock, strat it then add the overclock again, it seemed to be working, but if i restart again then it does the same problem again, the other rig after few restarts now will not overclock the first 2 GPUs only, and the rest are overclocked and working fine.
Any clues?
Please send me email to [email protected] - best with team viewer to any . windows on the smae networ as your rig or forward 22 port to your rig and tell me the access.

Wifi is unsupported and wont be anytime soon.

I just tried the DAG fix on one of the rigs, it downloaded very quickly and then did some compiling etc. to end up with no screen session on the console line. So I just reloaded the miner and changed some OC settings. Now it's exactly the same hash rate as before the DAG fix, how can I tell if this is the DAG fix version or not ?.. I still see the optional download red icon at the right corner...
Meaby you had dagfix already.
Hover on name of your rig.
If you will see .....compute-rocm... in kernel then you have dagfix.

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Thank you but how? I am trying to learn this and am lost a bit.Is it put into the same place that your wallet address is put? And what do I put?

Is the anyway to view GPU Power Usage and Efficiency? I saw a video on the utube and there was a box with this info in it on his screen the os running.

On the ewbf-0.3.4b, there is an option --api - for web monitoring (for example --api 0.0.0.0:42000), http://127.0.0.1:42000. Or --pec - for monitoring in the console. Efficiency  Hash(Sol)/Watt

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
I apologize for my English.

With WiFi-adapters but there is one "but": The GPU-cards of the rigs are noisy in the high-frequency bands so that Wi-Fi frequencies are clogged  in a radius of 20-40 centimeters, so it makes no sense to use the WiFi-adapter directly on the rig; after by start of mining, WiFi connect falls off. This does not apply to closed metal (shielded) rigs.

Users who want to use Wi-Fi, - I advise a cheap router for $10-15; something like: NETIS WF2411E. Configure the WAN through Wi-Fi  to your network, do a port forwarding (for example, 22 to work with SSH), and everything is fine!

The router should be carried from the rig to 1-2 meters. I put the router behind the wall, so that the radio-background did not bother him. My rig have been working steadily for a month now.

The address spaces must be separated; for example, your home network distributes the addresses of the space 192.168.0.XXX, then the ranges of router adresses of the rig must be either outside this space, or be like this (for example): 192.168.1.XXX
Activity: 2

Restart didn't help, when i removed overclock, strat it then add the overclock again, it seemed to be working, but if i restart again then it does the same problem again, the other rig after few restarts now will not overclock the first 2 GPUs only, and the rest are overclocked and working fine.
Any clues?
Please send me email to [email protected] - best with team viewer to any . windows on the smae networ as your rig or forward 22 port to your rig and tell me the access.

I have sent you an email, let me know what was the issue or how to fix the other rig.

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
I will. This is my very First try with smos. Is the rx dag fix version on the website contains the latest OC management functions ?
Yes. Fisrt boot will be doing many little updates.

ok thanks for the heads up, so just to confirm, DAG fix with core undervolt set to 900 should both improve hashrates and reduce energy consumption compared to the no dag fix version, and run stably right ? If yes, I'm doing the update.

Core undervolt depends on GPU.  I don't think it's universal is it?

I have RX580's running at powerstage 3, I have the voltmeter at another location so just looking for some input from other users for the optimal core undervolt value for the dag fix, to get equivalent energy levels compared to the no dag fix version. That makes the hash rate improvement all the more worthwhile.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I will. This is my very First try with smos. Is the rx dag fix version on the website contains the latest OC management functions ?

ok thanks for the heads up, so just to confirm, DAG fix with core undervolt set to 900 should both improve hashrates and reduce energy consumption compared to the no dag fix version, and run stably right ? If yes, I'm doing the update.

Core undervolt depends on GPU.  I don't think it's universal is it?
Activity: 55
Any 1070 user can share their wattage and overclocking values? I can't get more than 410sol

I get 469sol with Zotac 1070.

Core: 170
Mem: 1200
Power: 150

I can actually get higher by increasing PL up to 170, but ROI isn't worth it.
legendary
Still +175w more with same speed that i get on windows with 6x ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMING

Yes please share with us.  I see the "Update" button and would like more information before I click it.

the only thing is that you dont need to reflash your USB/SSD and can press update in order for it to work with hashrates back to normal... +more power consumption....
dissapointed...

Any clues?

I just tried the DAG fix on one of the rigs, it downloaded very quickly and then did some compiling etc. to end up with no screen session on the console line. So I just reloaded the miner and changed some OC settings. Now it's exactly the same hash rate as before the DAG fix, how can I tell if this is the DAG fix version or not ?.. I still see the optional download red icon at the right corner...

phenomenal, now it's working correctly and with a 4 - 5+ MH/s improvement on the hashrate / card depending on memory, superb. Just one Q., before the dag fix I had finally gotten acceptable energy levels at power stage 3, to keep the energy levels around the same, should I go for 900 on the core undervolt or even lower, while keeping power stage at 3 ?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin

Yes please share with us.  I see the "Update" button and would like more information before I click it.

dissapointed...

Any clues?

legendary
Activity: 7
I have just started using simple mining
I need your guidance to OC my p-106 MSI rigs
Also can you please make simple mining work with WiFi? It will be awesome
Activity: 2
Hello Guys,

Im running 2 GTX 1070 rigs on simplemining and everything was working well, until the upgrade to the new version today, both rigs have the same problem now. they will not overclock the GPUs this is the error:

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

Any clues?

I have 1127 Version on both
Activity: 48
@ tytanic - so it is still the same old DAGFIX which causes also more power Consuption ?

Yes please share with us.  I see the "Update" button and would like more information before I click it.

is still same shitty dag fix with more power consumption....

dissapointed...
legendary

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
@ tytanic - so it is still the same old DAGFIX which causes also more power Consuption ?

Activity: 9
@tytanick good job now my NV cards can underclock with proper settings
Do u update for RX vega cards yet?
Thanks!
Jump to: