Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 335. (Read 835508 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
Tytanic got too much money to spend with all of you paying for its shitty software so he doesnt care to fix the dag isue nor the powerstage problem. Stop paying him. Switch to ethos. Its a joke to wait for 1 month for this nonsence.

Or instead you can actually read the thread and find out that there already is a link posted multiple times with the image where the dag file was already addressed? No ?

Thats being said: improvements of os indeed looks to be slow lately.

Yeah dag fix my ass. 10% improvement in hash and 30%+ in power is not a fix. I would understand if theres no fix on linux at all. But there is.

I have to agree with mafaz; for months all I have seen on this thread are fan boys and people giving high praise to Tytanick, but reality finally strikes. I was also duped, my Turkish Linux expert friend recommended SMOS to me as if it's the best thing on the market, needless to say I'm not considering his advice on anything anymore.

People sign up and pay for this OS because it was supposed to be automatic updates, and smooth stable control of rigs. Currently it can accomplish neither; there are no auto updates when it comes to the most critical current issue: DAG FIX, and undervolting basically doesn't work. Windows 10 and Ethos beat SMOS on every metric; it's high time for the developer to do something about it.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Tytanic got too much money to spend with all of you paying for its shitty software so he doesnt care to fix the dag isue nor the powerstage problem. Stop paying him. Switch to ethos. Its a joke to wait for 1 month for this nonsence.

Or instead you can actually read the thread and find out that there already is a link posted multiple times with the image where the dag file was already addressed? No ?

Yeah dag fix my ass. 10% improvement in hash and 30%+ in power is not a fix. I would understand if theres no fix on linux at all. But there is.
Activity: 42
main SMOS problem - absence of ANY support.
Chat and forum is ok, but its like asking sky, or tree for solution.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250

Activity: 48
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Does CPU matter?  When I mine 7 cards it works fine.  When I put in 8th the hash rate drops randomly for cards.  I am using G3900 and 4gb ram... any idea why 8th card drops?
Activity: 3
Hey, any idea of when the fix for the Dag file on AMD drivers will come to SimpleMining OS?

I found this very helpful guide https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/linux-driver-for-blockchain-compute-17301029-2102129

Apparently they've managed to get it working. Is it worth a try on SMOS?

Regards.

Mazaribeiro.
Activity: 18
Is there anyway to disable this "There is no screen to be attached matching miner" message?

I have onboard GPU enabled and attached to monitor but every time I boot the miner it scrolls hundreds of times "There is no screen to be attached matching miner" and then it finally boots. If I unplug 13 GPUS from asrock h110 pro btc+ it will scroll it a few times and then boot. I reattached the cards and it scrolls it for 15-20 minutes before it finally boots? I tried reflashing the USB. Is there anyway to bypass this message? Once it finally passes it it will mine with no problems but every reset it spends 20 minutes printing this message to console over and over and over...
Activity: 127
Merit: 10

In fact I've done (following steps on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5qFEIMYTs&feature=youtu.be) but as I've said I haven't achieved very good results... could you upload your pulse vbios to see exactly what have you changed?

Thank you again

I can't. If I remember correctly I got rx 570 pulse. So vbios will be different.

What does it mean you haven't achieved very good results. Can you see differance in power drain from the wall?

No, this is the problem, I can't see difference in power drain from wall, I've done following tests on vrom:

- added offset using instructions on the youtube link I've mentioned before (and trying different values: -100mv, -150mv)
- tried to change values on dpm state 0 (the rest of the rom values seems references instead voltages, so I thought that changing voltage for dpm state 0 and specifying this state on SMOS oc settings it will work). I've also changed voltages on memory dpm states (same value than on gpu dpm state 0)
- tried to change tdp values

Usually there is no change on power drain (from wall), and when there is usually the change is worse than the original. My (bad) numbers are:
- rx580 x 4 8g (2 pulse and 2 nitro se), with 3 usb risers and 1 connected directly to MB, 850W corsair PSU
- mining monero 835W from wall (~3000h/s) oc values 1275/2250 dpm state 2 (which is the one I'm using right now)
- mining ethereum 1120W from wall (without dag fix, with dag fix 1500W from wall) oc values 1175/2250 dpm state 2

Which oc settings are you using on SMOS?
For RX580 GPU I recommend core 1150 and mem 2200 for SMOS. Powerstage will not help a lot to reduce power drawn from the wall. I was using powerstage 4 (default) but power drawn from the wall (7x RX580) was too high for me (1350W) and not acceptable. As long as no undervolting implemented in SMOS I will use ethOS (can undervolt my rig and have 950W from the wall).

Hi, 950W with 7x RX580? Its perfect, I think.
I have 11x RX580 Nitro+ 8gb, with ETH only mode need 1790W from wall (with modded bios, 30.9Mh/s/card). Its really high yet. Sad
What is your setup in ethOS for voltage? Thank you.
Check PM. It's not ethOS thread.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
Yeah exactly same story here. I'm still on hold for the dag fix because it doesn't make sense to improve hash rate by 10-15 % when your power bill goes up by 20-25 % at these market rates for ETH, unless you can reliably and stably undervolt on simpleminer...

Some people are entering values to the command line of claymore to undervolt on linux, would you recommend that for simple miner as well, and would that work reliably ?

Undervolting and Dag Fix should be the top 2 priority issues to fix on Simple Miner right now Tytanick.
Activity: 93
so when can we expect dagfix with working powerstage control?

Same question here, it's seems those updates are not so important for the devs of SMOS. I thinking about moving all my rigs to ethOS this week, I'm losing 12-15mhs per RIG with SMOS Sad
Activity: 25

In fact I've done (following steps on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5qFEIMYTs&feature=youtu.be) but as I've said I haven't achieved very good results... could you upload your pulse vbios to see exactly what have you changed?

Thank you again

I can't. If I remember correctly I got rx 570 pulse. So vbios will be different.

What does it mean you haven't achieved very good results. Can you see differance in power drain from the wall?

No, this is the problem, I can't see difference in power drain from wall, I've done following tests on vrom:

- added offset using instructions on the youtube link I've mentioned before (and trying different values: -100mv, -150mv)
- tried to change values on dpm state 0 (the rest of the rom values seems references instead voltages, so I thought that changing voltage for dpm state 0 and specifying this state on SMOS oc settings it will work). I've also changed voltages on memory dpm states (same value than on gpu dpm state 0)
- tried to change tdp values

Usually there is no change on power drain (from wall), and when there is usually the change is worse than the original. My (bad) numbers are:
- rx580 x 4 8g (2 pulse and 2 nitro se), with 3 usb risers and 1 connected directly to MB, 850W corsair PSU
- mining monero 835W from wall (~3000h/s) oc values 1275/2250 dpm state 2 (which is the one I'm using right now)
- mining ethereum 1120W from wall (without dag fix, with dag fix 1500W from wall) oc values 1175/2250 dpm state 2

Which oc settings are you using on SMOS?
For RX580 GPU I recommend core 1150 and mem 2200 for SMOS. Powerstage will not help a lot to reduce power drawn from the wall. I was using powerstage 4 (default) but power drawn from the wall (7x RX580) was too high for me (1350W) and not acceptable. As long as no undervolting implemented in SMOS I will use ethOS (can undervolt my rig and have 950W from the wall).

Hi, 950W with 7x RX580? Its perfect, I think.
I have 11x RX580 Nitro+ 8gb, with ETH only mode need 1790W from wall (with modded bios, 30.9Mh/s/card). Its really high yet. Sad
What is your setup in ethOS for voltage? Thank you.
Activity: 42
Hi guys,
Problem unseen on FAQ and in google:

Building rigs with setup:

PSU - gold 1250w. all sata risers.
MOBO - asrock H81 pro btc 2.0.
Pentium g3420, 4gb ram.
GPU - some rigs build with Gigabyte 1070 some build with inno3d 1070.
Miner - ewbf 0.3.4b.
OC - Core 0, Memory 0, Power limit 99w, target 65c, min fan 40%.

Problem:

only on rigs with inno3d - after some time mining - error - GPU fallen off the bus.

Interchange PSU's, MOBO's, GPU's, risers - does not give result.

Any idea  Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 23
Someone has same problem? OC on nvidia cards dosnt work anymore, it was all ok but now whatever i put i got stock cards.

And i got error "Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket, no such file or directory"

Edit: Reflashed with new image, for now it is ok.

Two additional questions:
- how to know which voltage controller does each card have?
- where to find information about offset vbios mod for each kind of voltage controller?

Thanks again

About first question in general i2c dump

For second thing it ain't that simple. As far as I'm concerned for some controllers it ain't possible. The good thing is 90% of GPUs are based on 2 controllers where adding offset works. If you want to work it out hit me a pm.
If that be the case I would definitely try it tonight as i am rebuilding my RX rig.
Based on all the posts in this forum they would not work.
NV image detects my P106 cards but does nothing with them so I would RX a go before i can SMOS and go back to Windows.

OK P106 and standard GTX1060 are a little bit different things. I think P106 got special drivers so not sure if that combo will work. What I know for sure for my nVidia GTX1070 RX version of image worked without OC
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I'm mining Monero , I have 1100/1850

if you switch to Eth would you keep same values?  or what would you change it to?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
What the hell is going on with this shity CloudFlare on simplemining.net Huh It's blocking simple pannel... soryy tytanick can U just shut it down ? Since 2 days i don have acces to my rigs !!!! it's ridiculous.....
Hi, please write to me at [email protected] with your external ip address and output what you have on this website:
https://simplemining.net/cdn-cgi/trace
and
https://simplemining.net (make screenshot and copy text)
And also tell me how much rigs you have, all those info send me as soon as possible on email, NOT HERE !.
I dont see any global problem.
Anyone who has problem that their rig is offline in dahsboard but in deed its hashing ok in pool, please send me those data TO EMAIL.
Activity: 65
What the hell is going on with this shity CloudFlare on simplemining.net Huh It's blocking simple pannel... soryy tytanick can U just shut it down ? Since 2 days i don have acces to my rigs !!!! it's ridiculous.....
Activity: 68

Hi guys,  do you know  command line for dual mining  in SMOS  (sgminer)  ?  its possible mining XMR + Decred ?
Jump to: