Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 336. (Read 835508 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I'm mining Monero , I have 1100/1850
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Anyone mine Monero?

I currently mine Ethereum and overclocked my cards for Ethereum. I want to switch to Monero now.

Can I keep the same overclock values?

If not, what percentage should I change it so that it can mine Monero?  For example if Ethereum if 1000 core, 2000 memory, what should I change values to mine Monero?
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Has anyone tried running Simplemining OS on Pandaminers? Any input? I have both B5+ and B3+ i figured I might try out.
Activity: 48
so when can we expect dagfix with working powerstage control?
Activity: 366
Merit: 250

For RX580 GPU I recommend core 1150 and mem 2200 for SMOS. Powerstage will not help a lot to reduce power drawn from the wall. I was using powerstage 4 (default) but power drawn from the wall (7x RX580) was too high for me (1350W) and not acceptable. As long as no undervolting implemented in SMOS I will use ethOS (can undervolt my rig and have 950W from the wall).

with offset whole rigt with 6 gpus should do around 850-900W, but what you are saying is kinda solution as well. I know similar feature should come to SMos as well.
I'm trying to avoid any BIOS modification as possible. Just replaced required straps to get 31MH/s per GPU. As soon as SMOS has undervolting implemented (like ethOS) I will back to SMOS. For now ethOS is the winner.

For me vBios modification ain't a problem. I don't mind as long as results are better. I haven't tested ethos against offset yet. I will let you know as soon as I check it. For now it looks offset is a better way to do it tho.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I have 2 1060 rigs that now work on simplemining and I have a problem with the hash rate they get in the flypool.
each rig is undervalued in about 250 sols in zcash mining even on simple mining I'm get the right amount of sols.
its really weird cause fly pool is very stable for along time for me on windows, but on simple mining I get a lot less power.
its make sense? someone know how to solve it?
in the end windows have the best performance the guys in simple mining need to catch up.right now I don't see any reason to use this
cost money and less power - easy equation !!
Activity: 127

For RX580 GPU I recommend core 1150 and mem 2200 for SMOS. Powerstage will not help a lot to reduce power drawn from the wall. I was using powerstage 4 (default) but power drawn from the wall (7x RX580) was too high for me (1350W) and not acceptable. As long as no undervolting implemented in SMOS I will use ethOS (can undervolt my rig and have 950W from the wall).

with offset whole rigt with 6 gpus should do around 850-900W, but what you are saying is kinda solution as well. I know similar feature should come to SMos as well.
I'm trying to avoid any BIOS modification as possible. Just replaced required straps to get 31MH/s per GPU. As soon as SMOS has undervolting implemented (like ethOS) I will back to SMOS. For now ethOS is the winner.

Activity: 3
anyone have any idea about the error i posted? it got stuck at that sreen for 2 hours today too
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/shoaibasghar/simple%20mine%20error.jpg
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
Can I use mixed amd and nvidia cards in one rig using smOS?

Nope. SMOS is built as three seperate images for the three R and RX and NV(Nvidia).
The OS is very fussy from the looks of things.

Nvidia cards take  a long time to detect.

Are you sure about it ? Smiley When I tried RX version works for Nvidia, only OC didn't work, but it was pretty damn stable.

If that be the case I would definitely try it tonight as i am rebuilding my RX rig.
Based on all the posts in this forum they would not work.
NV image detects my P106 cards but does nothing with them so I would RX a go before i can SMOS and go back to Windows.

In fact I've done (following steps on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5qFEIMYTs&feature=youtu.be) but as I've said I haven't achieved very good results... could you upload your pulse vbios to see exactly what have you changed?

Thank you again

I can't. If I remember correctly I got rx 570 pulse. So vbios will be different.

What does it mean you haven't achieved very good results. Can you see differance in power drain from the wall?

No, this is the problem, I can't see difference in power drain from wall, I've done following tests on vrom:

- added offset using instructions on the youtube link I've mentioned before (and trying different values: -100mv, -150mv)
- tried to change values on dpm state 0 (the rest of the rom values seems references instead voltages, so I thought that changing voltage for dpm state 0 and specifying this state on SMOS oc settings it will work). I've also changed voltages on memory dpm states (same value than on gpu dpm state 0)
- tried to change tdp values

Usually there is no change on power drain (from wall), and when there is usually the change is worse than the original. My (bad) numbers are:
- rx580 x 4 8g (2 pulse and 2 nitro se), with 3 usb risers and 1 connected directly to MB, 850W corsair PSU
- mining monero 835W from wall (~3000h/s) oc values 1275/2250 dpm state 2 (which is the one I'm using right now)
- mining ethereum 1120W from wall (without dag fix, with dag fix 1500W from wall) oc values 1175/2250 dpm state 2

Which oc settings are you using on SMOS?

Could you explain a little how have you undervolted your rx580 using ethos? directly in miners using specific params? some os command?
You need ethOS 1.2.5 and then edit local.conf file with specific params like globalpowertune and vlt.
Activity: 2
Is there any way to turn off gpu led by sm os ?
Is there any way to turn off gpu led by Hardware Switch or something ?

In case of  using sm os from the beginning, without using Windows and disable it via Driver.
Iam looking für an better solution then, taping my 1070 gamerock led with black tesa...
Activity: 3
anyone have any idea about the error i posted? it got stuck at that sreen for 2 hours today too
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/shoaibasghar/simple%20mine%20error.jpg

In fact I've done (following steps on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5qFEIMYTs&feature=youtu.be) but as I've said I haven't achieved very good results... could you upload your pulse vbios to see exactly what have you changed?

Thank you again

I can't. If I remember correctly I got rx 570 pulse. So vbios will be different.

What does it mean you haven't achieved very good results. Can you see differance in power drain from the wall?

No, this is the problem, I can't see difference in power drain from wall, I've done following tests on vrom:

- added offset using instructions on the youtube link I've mentioned before (and trying different values: -100mv, -150mv)
- tried to change values on dpm state 0 (the rest of the rom values seems references instead voltages, so I thought that changing voltage for dpm state 0 and specifying this state on SMOS oc settings it will work). I've also changed voltages on memory dpm states (same value than on gpu dpm state 0)

Usually there is no change on power drain (from wall), and when there is usually the change is worse than the original. My (bad) numbers are:
- rx580 x 4 8g (2 pulse and 2 nitro se), with 3 usb risers and 1 connected directly to MB, 850W corsair PSU
- mining monero 835W from wall (~3000h/s) oc values 1275/2250 dpm state 2 (which is the one I'm using right now)
- mining ethereum 1120W from wall (without dag fix, with dag fix 1500W from wall) oc values 1175/2250 dpm state 2

If you don't see a change of power drain from the well it simple means the offset isn't done properly (there is probably different voltage controler, so it must be done differently). Dpm stage won't do anything. The only way to go is with offset.

Nope. SMOS is built as three seperate images for the three R and RX and NV(Nvidia).

Are you sure about it ? Smiley When I tried RX version works for Nvidia, only OC didn't work, but it was pretty damn stable.

Thank you again

Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io

Activity: 140
Does SimpleMining have an API? I'd like to see about making an Android app.
Activity: 202
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Activity: 68

Hi  guys,   do you know the command line   for  dual mining  in SMOS  with sgminer, Claymore, etc... ,  with GPU AMD for   XMR + Decred   ? thanks !
Jump to: