Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 349. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hello guys !

My SMOS  restart 10 times a day. any ideas ?

setup:

4g DDr4
9 p106 6g OC 120 core // 860 memory
asrock h110+ btc
intel pentium 3.3ghz

SMOS on 2.0 usb 16go

Regards !

play with OC settings...reduce the clock
also what PSU do you have?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello guys !

My SMOS  restart 10 times a day. any ideas ?

setup:

4g DDr4
9 p106 6g OC 120 core // 860 memory
asrock h110+ btc
intel pentium 3.3ghz

SMOS on 2.0 usb 16go

Regards !
Activity: 48
i think tytanic is dead... doesnt reply to anyone. Doesnt update anything.... time to move on to another software
Activity: 31
Perfect solution for SMOS would be to have additional two fields (OC page) related to mem/core voltage but as I understand it's not possible. Right?

Its a limitation of the AMD Linux drivers, nothing tytanik can do about it.
Me and cryptoscum will be working with this computing kernel and driver to meaby fix this power wattage issues.
I am starting to love nvidia over amd but nvidia also has some stupid limitations Cheesy
Hi @tytanick, any news regarding works on wattage issues?

I thought that Claymore had fields for memory/core voltage those so it seems like SMOS could pass those values through

On a different note, I talked to someone who said he had reflashed bios with lower memory voltage and core voltages and was getting 30Mh/s and 1000 Sia @100W after switching to the DAG updated SMOS.  I have been reluctant to do this because with my luck, the minute I do this on 39 cards, someone will come up with a better and easier fix
Activity: 18
Hello, Titanick!

Can you implement superlow rpm feature? Here in Russia GPU is becoming a brick with ice with 20% of fun speed. 5% min value is needed.
Activity: 105
Hi everybody, I have just launched 2 rigs on SMOS. Is there a possibility to dual-mine? I see in the miners' list that dual miners are "not recommended" - what does it mean? (or may I still run one of them?) And will "recommended/regular" claymore dual-miners will be added in the future? Thanks!
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
Perfect solution for SMOS would be to have additional two fields (OC page) related to mem/core voltage but as I understand it's not possible. Right?

Its a limitation of the AMD Linux drivers, nothing tytanik can do about it.
Me and cryptoscum will be working with this computing kernel and driver to meaby fix this power wattage issues.
I am starting to love nvidia over amd but nvidia also has some stupid limitations Cheesy
Hi @tytanick, any news regarding works on wattage issues?
Activity: 10
Helloo,
   By using SMOS, have any method to identify one physical GPU to map with the one in OS? I using Nvidia P106 and Claymore V10.0.
   For my rig, I have one GPU always reaching 5 degree higher than others.
   Thanks,
Activity: 336
to the developer, please make it so that there is no power spike.  it would be very hard to have to go through all of our systems and fix overclock values on every card.
Activity: 76
Anyone using the DAGfix update for Simplemining?   I know it's just being tested and it's in the download section, but it does work well in bringing up hashrate 2Mh/s, but the power is out of control.     If I keep settings the same, which I am running 1250/2115, I get 28.5 on the current version, and 30.8 with the DAG update, but the power on the DAG is so high, almost 30Watt extra per card, X 13 cards = nearly a blown breaker and I am not even dual mining.     I have to lower settings on DAG version down to 1000/1900 to get the same wattage as current non-dag version and then with those low settings, the hash drops to 26.5.   

Was thinking I will have to flash bios with lower core voltage and memory settings if I continue to use the DAG version.   I am curious if anyone else has done this yet?  Or maybe it is best to wait.   I had similar power issues in windows version when I tried the windows DAG version...

I've also tried the Dag version and was getting crazy power spikes.  Hashrates improved but was getting pcie bus errors on screen and mad wattage.  I went back to non dag version.  I'll wait until all the bugs get fixed and give it another go. 
Activity: 31
Anyone using the DAGfix update for Simplemining?   I know it's just being tested and it's in the download section, but it does work well in bringing up hashrate 2Mh/s, but the power is out of control.     If I keep settings the same, which I am running 1250/2115, I get 28.5 on the current version, and 30.8 with the DAG update, but the power on the DAG is so high, almost 30Watt extra per card, X 13 cards = nearly a blown breaker and I am not even dual mining.     I have to lower settings on DAG version down to 1000/1900 to get the same wattage as current non-dag version and then with those low settings, the hash drops to 26.5.   

Was thinking I will have to flash bios with lower core voltage and memory settings if I continue to use the DAG version.   I am curious if anyone else has done this yet?  Or maybe it is best to wait.   I had similar power issues in windows version when I tried the windows DAG version...

Activity: 6

What version of SMOS are you using?

simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noae[Suspicious link removed]g works for me but it might be a mobo/bios issue.  Try setting all your pcie settings at gen2. 

I've downloaded from simplemining.net version for Rx amd cards

What version of SMOS are you using?

simpleminer-RX-v1118-kernel4.11-16.60-noae[Suspicious link removed]g works for me but it might be a mobo/bios issue.  Try setting all your pcie settings at gen2. 
Activity: 6
Trying to boot from flash with smos and getting this text:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzYhRyVbs2gGaUxNT2c1TjZET28
 What is wrong?

Activity: 7
Hi,
Do you have Vega support already?

I've tried the 04-Sep-2017 dagfix-computerkernel img.  It seems to hash correctly but I'm getting pcie bus errors. 
Hi redalert11, can you check the mail in config.txt

• mnt/user/config.txt

## YOU NEED TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS !!!
## It will be used for rig authentication and managment
[email protected]

perhaps you have a typo error   Huh

Thanks xtoff.  I reflashed the usb and I forgot to put in my email address.  Duh.  Once I did that I rebooted and I was getting 28 Mh/s per card but after about 10 min all the cards dropped back down to 25 Mh/s.  Not really sure if its the mobo or SMOS. 
Activity: 187
Tru Reputation Network - Proof of Reputation
Hi redalert11, can you check the mail in config.txt

• mnt/user/config.txt

## YOU NEED TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS !!!
## It will be used for rig authentication and managment
[email protected]

perhaps you have a typo error   Huh

Anyone else not seeing their rig on "rig list"? The rig is mining because I can verify it on the pool but its not listed.  My balance is paid.  Also I'm getting 25 Mh/s on each card when I should be getting 27-28.  Anyone have this issue?
Jump to: