Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 348. (Read 835503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hello !

I dont have a HDD/SSD on my rig, and it boot only on the SimpleMining USB key.
So my question is : How update are handled ?

If there is a new release of SMOS, do i have to reflash my USB key with it ?
Or after boot, it will update the SimpleMining version i'm using automatically ?

smOS updates are done automatically.

set and forget setup.

Thats why is its called simple mining OS
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
is it possible to use  4 rig at the same time wiht simpleming on coinotron pool ?

As I know Coinotron has  x.y pw  like     prdn.xst  pw 1234

let's say, I have 4 rig and I dont like to use ethermine and that's why I need help about coinotron config.
Activity: 127
@tytanick, default config for XMR (monero) mining with SMOS is:
Code:
Default config: -s xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -w 42MmCH6p1B3P7BaC3y8KcXayNcKa1jaU9RnUPKFy7SMAJrGrgMajd17WbwaVe4vUMveKAzAiA4j8xgUi29TpKXpm3xUCcQ2.$rigName -p z -i 1024

I have XMR wallet on Bitfinex and they said:

Code:
Depositing Monero to Bitfinex requires BOTH a deposit address and a deposit Payment ID.

To make a Monero deposit, you need to use both:

Address
Payment Id
On the following page, the deposit address is shown at the top, and then below you will see a deposit Payment ID for each of your wallets. To make a deposit to your Exchange wallet, for example, you will need to use the deposit address shown near the top and the deposit Payment ID next to your Exchange wallet.

Do NOT send Monero to Bitfinex unless you know how to indicate a Payment ID. If you fail to include the Payment ID with your deposit the funds will be lost forever.

What should be the correct config string for SMOS if for example:
My XMR address is: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
My XMR payment ID is: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Edit:
in this way:
Code:
-s /xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -w aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.rig1.email -p z -i 1024
is ok?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello !

I dont have a HDD/SSD on my rig, and it boot only on the SimpleMining USB key.
So my question is : How update are handled ?

If there is a new release of SMOS, do i have to reflash my USB key with it ?
Or after boot, it will update the SimpleMining version i'm using automatically ?
Activity: 42
hello everyone!

i am mining Eth with RX 470/570.

i want to switch to monero for instance, just to see how it works.

So, this option will work for me - xmr-stak-amd

Do i need to know anything else? Do i have to change clocks? 

I `d appreciate any help!

Activity: 48
Tytanic so any time frame for when you gonna fix dag issue and consumption of electricity for SMOS?
Activity: 504
how to use coinotron with worker ?

-epool coinotron.com:3344 -ewal worker.name -esm 2 -epsw pw

?? 
Activity: 6
I dont know if it matters but I had the same issue with 2 of my RX580s ASUS cards. I own the Dual OC 8GB Edition. Both of the randomly dropped their hashrate. Sometimes right after the miner started, sometimes after a few hours of operating.. after they dropped their hashrate the whole rig rebooted. i had up to 200 reboots in 24 hours.
I did everything.. flashed back to original bios version, no OC, hash with only 1 card at a time, put them in 16x slot and connected HDMI monitor. Nothing worked..
Lucky for me was that the store i bought them from accepted the return of the 2 cards and I bought RX 570 4GB sapphire pulse. never had an issue afterwards..
btw I also changed risers and so on.. nothing worked at that time. now im using the same risers with my Pulse cards.. works fine..

if u can, return the ASUS cards or sell them for other cards..
I'm done with ASUS cards for mining.

Activity: 12
Hi guys, I have a serious issue with my rig, and I appreciate if someone could help me.

I have a 12x GPU Rig, after around 10 minutes or more of mining the GPU 11 drop the hash rate from 26+mh/s to 18+mhs then this 18mhs is randomly getting on any other cards and then the rig reboot it self. the other issue is almost the same, GPU 11 drop hashrate to 0 a then restart the rig. this is happening with the normal version of smOS and the other with the Dag Fix. I already change the PCI riser and the USB cable but the problem persists.

My rig:
6x Rx 580 pulse 8GB
6x Rx 580 Strix 8GB
Board H110 Pro BTC+
8Gb Ram
Intel i3
Activity: 6
Hey guys!
I've got a problem with my system...
There's an error message constanly coming up which says: pcieport 0000:00:1c.7: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Physical Layer, id=00e7(Receiver ID)
                                                                               pcieport 0000:00:1c.7: device [8086:a297] error status/mask=00000001/000020000
                                                                               pcieport 0000:00:1c.7: [ 0] Receiver Error                   (First)

My system works fine besides this error message..
I'm getting the hashrate it's supposed to mine and everything seems to be just fine.
Im working with the DAGfix Img.

Has somebody else encountered this issue?

How do I solve it?

Thanks for the help...
Activity: 41
hello dev, i hope you will not push the update dagfix in the system right now as it will give us power consumption issue. I am enjoying the latest update as the "pci=noaer" is fixed. Also, soon if possible, you would add an option in the RIGs List if which driver should we use so we can choose the best settings for the mining. I dont know if thats possible hehehe, atleast i suggest. Once again, thanks a lot for the update.
czr
Activity: 27
hello all,

i have an issue and i know its not because of SMos i want to know if someone has this and how to fix this

first one, i have one rig, all cards are exactly the same model, but one is doing 3 hashes less than the others and its always GPU3, i have tried everything, different risers, re positioned the cards with the PCIe slots and still was GPU3 having less hashes, changed power supply and switched connectors, still GPU3, doing less hashes.

Second one, one of the cards fails (not GPU3), and stops appearing on the miner list (GPU3 still giving 3 hashes less), i have to restart (from the  WEB UI or phiscally) in order for the computer to recognize the 7th card again

my build is this
Celeron G3900 skylake
MSI Z170A gaming m5
kingstone 4gb ddr4 memory
7x XFX Rx580 XXX gts 8gb video cards
2x 750W power supply
6 version 007 risers and one version 006 (switched spots to see if this was the problem but no)
SMos dagfigx version

will appreciate any help

All your BIOs option set to GEN 2 or 1?.  That seems to be a very specific issue.

[/quote]

I will also suggest checking to make sure the PCIe slots are set to Gen1/2?   Although I actually think mine are set to Auto and never had a problem.   
How much higher is  your total output power since changing to the dagfix version?
[/quote]

ill try this when i get home, the dagfix gave me around 30 watts increment total NOT per card
Activity: 31
hello all,

i have an issue and i know its not because of SMos i want to know if someone has this and how to fix this

first one, i have one rig, all cards are exactly the same model, but one is doing 3 hashes less than the others and its always GPU3, i have tried everything, different risers, re positioned the cards with the PCIe slots and still was GPU3 having less hashes, changed power supply and switched connectors, still GPU3, doing less hashes.

Second one, one of the cards fails (not GPU3), and stops appearing on the miner list (GPU3 still giving 3 hashes less), i have to restart (from the  WEB UI or phiscally) in order for the computer to recognize the 7th card again

my build is this
Celeron G3900 skylake
MSI Z170A gaming m5
2x 750W power supply
6 version 007 risers and one version 006 (switched spots to see if this was the problem but no)
SMos dagfigx version

will appreciate any help

I will also suggest checking to make sure the PCIe slots are set to Gen1/2?   Although I actually think mine are set to Auto and never had a problem.  
How much higher is  your total output power since changing to the dagfix version?
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
hello all,

my build is this
Celeron G3900 skylake
MSI Z170A gaming m5
2x 750W power supply
SMos dagfigx version

will appreciate any help

All your BIOs option set to GEN 2 or 1?.  That seems to be a very specific issue.
czr
Activity: 27
hello all,

my build is this
Celeron G3900 skylake
MSI Z170A gaming m5
2x 750W power supply
SMos dagfigx version

will appreciate any help
Activity: 246
Merit: 24
Hi all, I recently got SMOS and I'm really loving it! It's making mining with Nvidia GPUs super easy compared to the tons of issues and crashes I would get with ETHos or Windows 10.

I have some quick questions.

1. Is there a way to individually clock nvidia cards?

2. My older R7 370 Rig, which I'd upgraded to a H110 PRO BTC which I wanna move to SMOS doesn't seem to have the correct ethernet drivers for the Asrock H110 BTC. I have no internet connection when it launches. Is there a way to get the correct Ethernet driver so I can use SMOS with my R7 370s? (Using the HD/R7/R9 SMOS Build)

Thanks!
Activity: 4
I have msg. "there are no screen to be attached matching miner" after power ac fail.
How to fix it?
Check you gpu connection. The system most probably doesnt see it. chekk risers and power connections.

i agree with that,  3 of 12 riser was fuck up and same error msg until i remove them.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
I have msg. "there are no screen to be attached matching miner" after power ac fail.
How to fix it?
Check you gpu connection. The system most probably doesnt see it. chekk risers and power connections.
Activity: 2
How to fix it?
Activity: 4
Hello guys !

My SMOS  restart 10 times a day. any ideas ?

setup:

4g DDr4
9 p106 6g OC 120 core // 860 memory
asrock h110+ btc
intel pentium 3.3ghz

SMOS on 2.0 usb 16go

Regards !

play with OC settings...reduce the clock
also what PSU do you have?

I have 2 x 850RMX Corsair

Thanks for answers me Wink
Jump to: