Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 374. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hello everyone!

There is still no sign from AMD about dag fix for linux.

Is there any way to ask them directly if linux drivers are happening?

I really hate the thought of switching to windows
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
with that much higher power consumption i dont see the point to switch
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Undervolt on bios with PBE isnt working on linux (or I cant do it works). This is the big problen on SM I think. +200-300watts.

When you undervolt the steps you must also use all same value example there are 6/7 steps, from 2° to higest must use same value, cause on linux TP auto select index or you can also force to use it.

Anyway use SRBPolaris and everything will be good. on rx 480 i use 975mv memory and 920mv gpu (1190mhz)
Activity: 81

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">

Hello before i try it i would like to know about the power consumption for a rig with 6*RX580 8GB.
The Cards a bios modded/undervoltet and some optimisations with Afterburner

My Rig is currently running stable @180mhs / 830watts from the wall.

thank you

Mine is running @1120W with gold PSU.

Mostly 6x580 are running at same watts. Undervolt on bios with PBE isnt working on linux (or I cant do it works). This is the big problen on SM I think. +200-300watts.

AMD dag fix is not implemented because AMD didnt release. This is a problem too, but this should be fix soon.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">

Hello before i try it i would like to know about the power consumption for a rig with 6*RX580 8GB.
The Cards a bios modded/undervoltet and some optimisations with Afterburner

My Rig is currently running stable @180mhs / 830watts from the wall.

thank you
Activity: 71
Merit: 17
Hi

Im using a Z170 asrock fatality with 5 gpu RX570, first i try the RX  OS (https://download.simplemining.net/simpleminer-RX-v1090-4.11.rc3-amd.imgc) version and my rig have this error "cannot find any crtc or sizes going 1024 x 728" and stops in this screen.

Then i downloaded the Z170 version (https[Suspicious link removed]0ANDips0.imgc) but when i try to put the image in the HDD RAW i receive the message from de software to "Format de Disc on F:" (my pen drive).
I see on the HDDRAW SMOS image that it had 15 gb, is that right? I try to put the image on a 32 gb drive and receive the same error on 45%, i also downloaded one more time expecting a download corrupt problem and receive the same error.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for bad english

Activity: 12
Hello,
I am using SMOS since few days and from yesterday night I am getting this message :
#########################################
Checking connection to simplemining.net ...
New v1117 update found ! - starting update now
rm: cannot remove 'update*.tar.gz': No such file or directory
--2017-08-22 03:38:58-- http://download.simplemining.net/update/1117/update.tar.gz
Resolving download.simplemining.net (download.simplemining.net)... 176.31.162.137
Connecting to download.simplemining.net (download.simplemining.net)|176.31.162.137|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Retrying.
--2017-08-22 03:54:00-- (try: 2) http://download.simplemining.net/update/1117/update.tar.gz
Connecting to download.simplemining.net (download.simplemining.net)|176.31.162.137|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...

Please suggest what to do as the mining stopped since 12 hours.

Thanks

I think Ethos and SMOS both are shit because no response, no support. When we are agree to pay then SMOS admin must give us right to see the program and to edit it. If I had access to stop update I would have stop it and save my 12 hours of mining.
Going to Windows 10 again.
Activity: 45
Hello,
I am using SMOS since few days and from yesterday night I am getting this message :
--2017-08-22 03:38:58-- http://download.simplemining.net/update/1117/update.tar.gz
Resolving download.simplemining.net (download.simplemining.net)... 176.31.162.137
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
Retrying.
--2017-08-22 03:54:00-- (try: 2) http://download.simplemining.net/update/1117/update.tar.gz

Thanks
I'm getting the same error. My simplemining rig is down because of this
Activity: 12
Hello,
Retrying.

Thanks
Activity: 13
Picked up 12 1060 p106 a few days ago, got them running on smos with the driver fix, but for some reason one card isn't recognized. I see someone else had a similar issue. Anyone have a fix?
Activity: 34
Hi, ive tried to backread this thread and search the website but cant seem to find an answere to 2 simple questions about SMOS.

1. Is it easy to undervolt / overclock my cards using this OS?
2. Will i be able to use NVIDIA and AMD cards in the same rig?

Overclock, yes - undervolt, god no. And no to 2.

i though powerstage feature from 1-6 is the same idea like undervolting it ? can someone explain ? thanks

Activity: 4
i`m using Biostar TB250-BTC Pro (12 x PCIE)

running nVidia GTX 1070

i want to run from USB, and i use Etcher to image the USB DOK, however it will not boot.

i tried to do it a few times, with different USBs.

any idea?

thanks.
Activity: 202
Merit: 104
Perfect. I just need to know the root password. Cheesy
For now its no secret. miner1324

For now???
He's just saying it's not a secret anymore.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
Hi, ive tried to backread this thread and search the website but cant seem to find answers to 2 simple questions about SMOS.

1. Is it easy to undervolt / overclock my cards using this OS?
2. Will i be able to use NVIDIA and AMD cards in the same rig?
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Update v1118
- added ccminer-skunk-krnlx
Activity: 5
hello,
I installed two machines and worked very well on simplemining.

When I wanted to add a 3rd machine, I have a connection problem. The rig does not connect and hangs on the internet search.

All the machines are connected by a network cable with a TPlink modem

where is the problem ?
Activity: 279
Merit: 10

Thank you. 1324, not 1234, correct?

yes it is "miner1324"
Activity: 20