Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 373. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1
btw latest nvidia simplemining os works very good on nvidia rigs. i have good hashrates with minimal overclock - better than windows with ebwf! great job!

is there any miner on simpleminer which mines with cpu?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">

Has amd DAG solved it?
Activity: 20
Has support for the RX Vega 64 been added into SMOS? What about overclocking features too?

Anyone tested it yet?

I have a 6 GPU RX Vega 64 that i'm planning to expand into 13.

I have 3 of them and they don't work on Linux yet.
Activity: 23
Monero has passed ETH in mining profitablity, can you add the updated claymore monero miner asap PLEEEEASE!  Grin   thank you

+1

Please update XMR CryptoNote Miner from Claymore.

Thank you

One more here asking for it Smiley
Activity: 52
Has support for the RX Vega 64 been added into SMOS? What about overclocking features too?

Anyone tested it yet?

Sadly the AMD Blockchain Compute driver hasn't been released for Linux yet.. so mining with RX Vega and Simplemining OS wouldn't be optimal atm as far as I see it.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

I have no clue if Simplemining OS even supports RX Vega, just thought I should mention the lack of proper driver for Linux
Activity: 19
Monero has passed ETH in mining profitablity, can you add the updated claymore monero miner asap PLEEEEASE!  Grin   thank you

+1

Please update XMR CryptoNote Miner from Claymore.

Thank you
Activity: 1
Hi, what will caused miner program restart often ? Is there anyway to check ?

My rig can restart up to 20 times a day, with or without OC.

1 of my rig is 6 x 1050 TI 4GB, OC setting is +0 core +1500 memory 62watt power limit, temp is between 55-65c, 14.9Mh/s each card

Please advise, thanks.
Activity: 1

Anyone tested it yet?

Activity: 346
Merit: 250
Revolution
New images are updated for motherboard compatability.
Cant wait to try
Activity: 15
Activity: 22

With 13 GPU rig will be possibe split 6 GPU to mine one coin... & others 7 GPU to mine another coin ? , will be possible Fix DAG for ETH in Linux ? thank you!

P.D. Running at this moment 1 rig ETH (x6 RX570 - 27,2 MHs each) and all works perfectly!

What are the config that you use in your rx570 (mem, clock, powerstage...)
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

After rig grouping update and new OS release (which should support those new motehrbaords like TB250 and Z170) i will be doing some little "roadmap and bugs" website to let you know what are known curent bugs and what near releases will be about.
Meaby i will some do some kind of list of my features that will be in SMOS + some voting system to give users posibility to vote what is most important for them.

Also i will be doing some servers deployment + some IP load balancing to make website working smoother than now.
So i guess there will be again some maintenece periods Smiley

Also thanks all of you who are paying on time.

With 13 GPU rig will be possibe split 6 GPU to mine one coin... & others 7 GPU to mine another coin ? , will be possible Fix DAG for ETH in Linux ? thank you!

P.D. Running at this moment 1 rig ETH (x6 RX570 - 27,2 MHs each) and all works perfectly!
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Can anyone help me with this mining issue?  I bought a 4 GPU rig from a member on this forum and for the life of me cannot get the thing to run for more than a couple of hours at a time.  I have tried each GPU individually, and every time it ends up just giving me this error after a few hours.
http://imgur.com/a/asI2J
The details of the rig are here...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-4-rx-580-ethereum-mining-rig-2013051
and the only difference is that I used my own version of simpleminer on a USB drive.

I am running Core Mhz at 1162 and Memory Mhz at 1750 with a powerstage of 3 (I believe that is stock settings for the 580?)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Activity: 27

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- you can test it for free and then you need to pay only 2$ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS = AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- NV OS = Nvidia GPUs (alsmost all of them)
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it

Video
[/url">

Hello before i try it i would like to know about the power consumption for a rig with 6*RX580 8GB.
The Cards a bios modded/undervoltet and some optimisations with Afterburner

My Rig is currently running stable @180mhs / 830watts from the wall.

thank you

you have 6x rx580 running on 180 mh? how is it possible ? which cards and which clocks ?
i have 7x RX580 Nitro with hynix memory and samsung bios and they give me 197mh/s after hashrate drop !! memeory 2150 gpu 1250 powerstage 3
regards
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
Hi, I thought a DAG update came in to SMOS, and my Rx580's saw an improvement of 15 MH / s per card but then reverted back to earlier values... Is the DAG fix complete, what's happening
Activity: 81
I just tried differents bios with different voltages with SBRPolaris and  no result (again) I drop SM. I love it but its +200W / rig over Windows.
Activity: 18
Undervolt on bios with PBE isnt working on linux (or I cant do it works). This is the big problen on SM I think. +200-300watts.

When you undervolt the steps you must also use all same value example there are 6/7 steps, from 2° to higest must use same value, cause on linux TP auto select index or you can also force to use it.

Anyway use SRBPolaris and everything will be good. on rx 480 i use 975mv memory and 920mv gpu (1190mhz)

Wrong - only will work on SRBPolaris if there's an offset in there already.

with that much higher power consumption i dont see the point to switch

There's ways to undervolt, just different.

Can someone help me with volting/power in SM.. Im struggling in this area like im sure many are!!  My cards are consuming too much power and id like to see if I can bring this down.

I have assorted 570's  and my overclocks seem stable but im consuming too much power. I've heard you can run high clocks 1250 core @ 950-975 mV but the power stage is hard to control this. What are other miners doing to try control power on rigs in SM.

Scenario 1:
1250 Core (stage 5/6), 2070 Mem (950Mv) hashing 28/29.5 MHs consuming about 160 watts per card from wall

Scenario 2:
1150 Core (stage 3), 2070 mem (950Mv) hashing 26-27 MHs consuming about 140 watts per card from wall  (Id like to maintain a high hash rate but I loose a lot when I bring my core down).

Ive tried flashing the bios with hard values in

CURRENT Values: *large values/numbers are configured by vendors. Are ranges of power i think? (since they are general binned values for mass sale... since not all cards/silicon are equal)
 Mhz    mV
 300    750
 588    65282 (DPM stage 1)
 952    65283 (DPM stage 2)
 1041  65284 (DPM stage 3)
 1106  65285 (DPM stage 4)
 1168  65286 (DPM stage 5)
 1209  65287 (DPM stage 6)
 1250  65288 (DPM stage 7)

Ive tried hard values in my BIOS but power did not decrease
 Mhz    mV
 300    750
 588    850 (DPM stage 1)
 952    850 (DPM stage 2)
 1041  850 (DPM stage 3)
 1106  850 (DPM stage 4)
 1150  875 (DPM stage 5)
 1200  900 (DPM stage 6)
 1250  975 (DPM stage 7)   

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to achieve lowest power consumption in SM?

Thanks
Activity: 4
whats wrong with NV image?
overclockin doesnt work at all(exept 1st card), and with 1118 update my hashrates drops to 15!! on gtx1060
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Probably driver is not updated to one that fixes DAG.
Activity: 14
Hi guys,

I have a silly question: with the miner drivers for amd my rx580's are getting 172 mh/s on windows.

When I use simplemining's linux based system I get 158mh/s

Is there anyway the driver improvements from the windows system can be implimented for the simple mining linux os?

Thanks.
Jump to: