Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 383. (Read 835503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
I have been looking around for a Linux client for XMR mining that can be added to Simple Mining that works with RX cards and above.
Has anyone had any luck with anything like that?
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
For those of you complaining about dev support... They have too many questions to answer your support questions here.

To get SUPPORT FOR SIMPLEMINING go to:
http://chat.simplemining.net

The Simple Mining team is overwhelmed with emails, dms, and forum posts so they handle all support through the chat system.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
hi everyone, is there in simplemining an option that supports mining zcash? I used, i believe, optiminer-zec v1.7 but only my rig with amd cards worked the one with the GTX 1070 wouldn't run (it seemed to be restarting).
what am I missing?
is optiminer-zec v1.7 the only option for zcash?

Claymore ZEC 12.5 is also installed. You can run that instead.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
Hi

This is my first steps with SMOS , I got  3 Rigs and the question is : Can I  set two  rigs for mining  Ether and last one for mining  Zecash ?
Activity: 95
Bump.. Can the dev or someone help me? I guess you dont want my extra $2 a month? lol

I tried using using the nvidia version image file to build the USB and it didnt work.. Just blank screen after bios.. Tried using just one card.. Tried connecting it directly on board.. Connected hdmi to the GPU.. Tried changing from Gen 2 to Gen 1 to Auto.. Nothing worked Sad

Just blank screen

WOW simplemining website is messed up. It say if you have a Z170 chipset to use the alternative version. But the alternative version is for AMD RX cards. Not Nvidia cards.

I do not have onboard graphics.. I decided to use the Z170 version and it finally booted.. After doing the version updates, it ended up throwing the "no display found for the maching miner"... I have a TV hooked via HDMI to the GPU HDMI.. Can someone tell me a fix for this error please !!!!

Om simplemining.net says --

6) Enable onboard graphics to default (PEG - > IDG)
7) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
Cool If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

don't understand what he means by use alternative version.

I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

I had a USB stick that had the AMD SMOS image file installed.. I didnt realize that and tried booting into SMOS, it did its lengthy updates and finally got stuck with no display found message repeatedly.. I realized that it was probably due to using AMD image. Then downloaded the NVIDIA image from SMOS home page, used HDD Raw copy tool and created the bootable USB stick again.. Tried to boot into it with just 1 GPU connected and it wouldn't work.. Just blank screen after the initial bios screen.. I have the monitor HDMI connected directly to the GPU (no onboard display ports).. Someone in the SMOS chat said that I should not use HDD Raw copy and was asked to try etcher.io software to create the USB.. I tried using that and I am getting the same blank screen...

I have MSI Z170A mother board.. I was wondering if I should use the Z170 image on the frontpage of https://simplemining.net/.. I asked the question in the chat yesterday and I was told no..

Help pls !!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Plase add support for mining SIGT with simplemining
Activity: 141
You can install Windows 10 and download the new version of claymore miner and go that way. As for refund I don't know if he does that. If you notice there a lot of people asking questions and he's not even trying to answer them!

I'm having issues with the R-version of the OS.

It boots straight into the desktop (I can see the desktop), and never starts the miner-program.
Anyway I can manually start the miner?

It's been like this for weeks now, and I just tried with the newest version from your page, same result.

It was working fine until July!

Anyone else had this problem?

Bump.

An answer would be nice, I've already lost a month of mining on the R-rig..

Bump.

If someone could tell me how to manually start the claymore miner, that would be great.
What is SSH user/pw?

The rig start sometimes, but ONLY for 1-2 hrs before i need to manually reset it.
Heres a fancy picture for some attention:
https://i.imgur.com/glYDvsL.png

Possible to withdraw/get e refund? Kinda sucks to pay for something that wont work. Smiley
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I'm having issues with the R-version of the OS.

It boots straight into the desktop (I can see the desktop), and never starts the miner-program.
Anyway I can manually start the miner?

It's been like this for weeks now, and I just tried with the newest version from your page, same result.

It was working fine until July!

Anyone else had this problem?

Bump.

An answer would be nice, I've already lost a month of mining on the R-rig..

Bump.

If someone could tell me how to manually start the claymore miner, that would be great.
What is SSH user/pw?

The rig start sometimes, but ONLY for 1-2 hrs before i need to manually reset it.
Heres a fancy picture for some attention:
https://i.imgur.com/glYDvsL.png

Possible to withdraw/get e refund? Kinda sucks to pay for something that wont work. Smiley
Activity: 11
Has anyone manage to get RX 4xx and 5xx Mining Edition working in SMOS? Ive been trying to get 13 working on H110 btc pro but it doesnt seem to be supported. 8 Amd and 5 nvidia works perfectly on Windows 10
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
I tried this OS a while back but due to facing a lot of technical issues and trying to make it work. I gave up but recently I saw an updated version available for it. I jumped right in to give the new version a try and to see if the problems are solved for good and still I was not able to figure it how to get started with this. So, need a little help to figure out why I'm getting these errors.

For the hardware part: Asus Z270F, 4GB DDR4 Ram, G4400, 5x GTX 1060 6GB and a SanDisk 16 GB Stick.
BIOS all set up according to the setup page available on the website.

1) The first error that I faced was after starting up the OS for the first time. OS updated to latest version and then it prompt with this error when it launched the miner application.

2) So, after getting this error, I restarted to see if it will work and received this error:

Can somebody help me out on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
Activity: 9
Hey all,

my new rig keeps rebooting about a minute after it connects to the pool. I'm running 6 x RX480s on the H270 chipset and using the main RX OS image (I have tried the other images but with the same constantly rebooting issue). There are a bunch of VM faults and OC errors, but I've selected the monitor to run on onboard video and the cards are all running stock.

Also, the few hash rates that I get each time before the rig crashes are highly variable between each readout.  Huh

I've updated the BIOS on my Asrock H270 Fatal1ty board and disconnected each card in turn to try and isolate the issue. But to no avail.

So, any ideas on why it reboots so regularly?
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
hi everyone, is there in simplemining an option that supports mining zcash? I used, i believe, optiminer-zec v1.7 but only my rig with amd cards worked the one with the GTX 1070 wouldn't run (it seemed to be restarting).
what am I missing?
is optiminer-zec v1.7 the only option for zcash?
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Has anyone able to run more than 8 R-series GPUs (R9 Fury) with SmOS and AsRock H110? I am getting this message when I add the 9th Fury and rig keeps restarting. BTW I am able to run 10 1070s with H110 and nvOC w/o any issues.

/root/xminer.sh: line 49: 3710 Segmentation fault  $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds

Edit...mining ZEC with Claymore 12.5

I suspect that we need to power up the molex power on the mobo -- even though the risers are powered.

I noticed that by default you cant press N to disable the power notice during bootup like the H81 (for H110, you need to go to BIOS to disable it).

I am in progress of consolidating R9-Nanos and P106-100 on these H110.

I found H110 requires dual molex power no matter how many GPUs are plugged in if it is not disabled in Bios. I was using dual molex when trying to add the 9th Fury unsuccessfully.
I tried using using the nvidia version image file to build the USB and it didnt work.. Just blank screen after bios.. Tried using just one card.. Tried connecting it directly on board.. Connected hdmi to the GPU.. Tried changing from Gen 2 to Gen 1 to Auto.. Nothing worked Sad

Just blank screen

WOW simplemining website is messed up. It say if you have a Z170 chipset to use the alternative version. But the alternative version is for AMD RX cards. Not Nvidia cards.

I do not have onboard graphics.. I decided to use the Z170 version and it finally booted.. After doing the version updates, it ended up throwing the "no display found for the maching miner"... I have a TV hooked via HDMI to the GPU HDMI.. Can someone tell me a fix for this error please !!!!

I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

I had a USB stick that had the AMD SMOS image file installed.. I didnt realize that and tried booting into SMOS, it did its lengthy updates and finally got stuck with no display found message repeatedly.. I realized that it was probably due to using AMD image. Then downloaded the NVIDIA image from SMOS home page, used HDD Raw copy tool and created the bootable USB stick again.. Tried to boot into it with just 1 GPU connected and it wouldn't work.. Just blank screen after the initial bios screen.. I have the monitor HDMI connected directly to the GPU (no onboard display ports).. Someone in the SMOS chat said that I should not use HDD Raw copy and was asked to try etcher.io software to create the USB.. I tried using that and I am getting the same blank screen...

I have MSI Z170A mother board.. I was wondering if I should use the Z170 image on the frontpage of https://simplemining.net/.. I asked the question in the chat yesterday and I was told no..

Help pls !!

I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

Help pls !!

I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

Help pls !!
Activity: 118
Hello, i have a rig 6xgtx 1060. I used last nv os on website, but when  i try to overclock even a little bit, reset and stuff. Is there a more stable nv image? Thank you

The Problem is not smos.
You have poor RAM or a too small psu 
That alternative version is for AMD. I am using Nvidia.

Hello tytanick,
         Can you help me? What do you mean alternative version?

On installation there's the list and number

8 - If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

AUTO-UPDATE fix
Fixed auto-updates for R OS v1081

Alternate version is under image downloads links https://simplemining.net
İf u are logged in then click right side about SMOS link u'll see scroll down page

Activity: 40
Hello tytanick,
         Can you help me? What do you mean alternative version?

On installation there's the list and number

8 - If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

AUTO-UPDATE fix
Fixed auto-updates for R OS v1081

Alternate version is under image downloads links https://simplemining.net
İf u are logged in then click right side about SMOS link u'll see scroll down page

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Has anyone able to run more than 8 R-series GPUs (R9 Fury) with SmOS and AsRock H110? I am getting this message when I add the 9th Fury and rig keeps restarting. BTW I am able to run 10 1070s with H110 and nvOC w/o any issues.

/root/xminer.sh: line 49: 3710 Segmentation fault  $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds

Edit...mining ZEC with Claymore 12.5

I suspect that we need to power up the molex power on the mobo -- even though the risers are powered.

I noticed that by default you cant press N to disable the power notice during bootup like the H81 (for H110, you need to go to BIOS to disable it).

I am in progress of consolidating R9-Nanos and P106-100 on these H110.
Jump to: