Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 381. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I am no longer able to set a negative core offset
Yes and the op says putting negative core is a placebo affect .LOL
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I am no longer able to set a negative core offset
Activity: 26
Can't see my total gpu and sol running with console with current dashboard at console.

Running nvidia
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
https://www.projecton.pro/
Are there any planned changes coming for the power limit configuration? This might be the one reason I switch back to Windows as my rigs now each use around 200W more than windows.

RX 580 4GB is having issues. Anything under power limit/stage 4 gives terrible hashrate and some cards stop mining.

I'm having the same issues. Nvidia works perfectly with the power limit per card, AMD should have a similar feature, the power control over AMD is VERY poor on simpleMining.

this issue should be solved very quickly because now each use around 200W more than windows is a lot
Activity: 11
@tytanick can we confirm that the new driver for DAG fix will be added by rolling update when released? thanks
Activity: 30
Why my rig Hashrate not stable Huh Random low mhs...

with global OC

http://imgur.com/kU8hNCY

spec :
Vga 1070 EVga
Psu 2 x 1000GQ Evga + 1 750 Gold Thermaltake
Mainboard Biostar TB 250 Btc Pro
Ram 8 GB Dual Channel

Pict :

http://imgur.com/yrzWTd0

http://imgur.com/jhEjSz0

Activity: 52
This the smOS that every talks about right? What is the best way to download & install?
Activity: 20
Does any ony know if this OS can support 9 GPU rig with AMD R9?
Activity: 26
Are there any planned changes coming for the power limit configuration? This might be the one reason I switch back to Windows as my rigs now each use around 200W more than windows.

RX 580 4GB is having issues. Anything under power limit/stage 4 gives terrible hashrate and some cards stop mining.

I'm having the same issues. Nvidia works perfectly with the power limit per card, AMD should have a similar feature, the power control over AMD is VERY poor on simpleMining.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
My first rig is mining since a few days. It's only 3x RX580 8GB for now but I'm going to use 8x GPU at finall setup. Of course, SMOS is my OS. Overclocking AMD GPU is working like a charm but I do not understand what exactly "powerstage" parameter is doing. My powerstage value is 5 now.

Code:
- powerstage - lower value = lower wattage, 7 is max power, 0 is minimum power but it will almost for sure freeze your rig.

Does it reduce mV or what else?
Activity: 3

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Anything planned in regards to a DAG fix for AMD based rigs?

Simplemining or any unix based systems fix coming? Or will all amd rigs need to be moved to windows  Huh

I have one machine mining ETH with AMD GPUs and haven't noticed any issues.
Activity: 4
Anything planned in regards to a DAG fix for AMD based rigs?

Simplemining or any unix based systems fix coming? Or will all amd rigs need to be moved to windows  Huh
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Installed SMOS to give it a try with only one GPU before I swap over my 2 main rigs but I found that overclocking doesn't seem to work?

I'm running the latest version of the OS and my GPU is a 1060.
When I go to the website and try to change my OC settings it says:

"Those settings will work only with BETA image released 2017-07-04, if you have older then you need to reflash it !."

But I already have the latest version and nowhere can I find a BETA image, am I missing something?

I am using the latest version and OC is working , only problem is that i can only use one setting for all cards , despite having 1080 TI/ 1070 Mix
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Can you add the ccminer pls?
Activity: 30
my question :

1.why my gpu0 always have low hashrate and clock ? in windows my all gpu working great..

http://imgur.com/a/pkZF8

2. what the meaning "Remove dead screens with 'screen -wipe'. Downloading and writing new config - OK Registering rig at simplemining.net ....."

Activity: 9
Installed SMOS to give it a try with only one GPU before I swap over my 2 main rigs but I found that overclocking doesn't seem to work?

"Those settings will work only with BETA image released 2017-07-04, if you have older then you need to reflash it !."

But I already have the latest version and nowhere can I find a BETA image, am I missing something?

I dont know how it is with nvidia, cause i dont got one. But the RX Version, with AMD can be overclocked perfectly with no issues.
So overclocking at all works.

So maybe you have the wrong version, overclocked too much, or it is still not available for NVIDIA.
Activity: 33

Activity: 9
Find Rig IP

ssh miner@RigIP
pass: miner

Check settings to verify that the default gateway is set correctly

route -n

Code:
miner@simpleminer:~$ route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.0.1        0.0.0.0        UG    0     0     0   eth0

thx for your help
I tried it now.
It looks like its not getting an IP. But the Gateway is right.
http://ibb.co/cGTPPv

Code:
miner@simpleminer:~$ route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.0.0         192.168.210.21        255.255.0.0        UG    0     0     0   eth0
192.168.210.0         0.0.0.0        255.255.255.0        U    0     0     0   eth0
Activity: 25
Just one thing...

Got hands on Sapphire RX470 4GB Mining edition (Elpida). In SMOS I get error, GPU error detected. On windows they are working max 25h/s on 1850mhz (1500strap) without errors.

I think, SMOS has some problems with new mining edition cards because error appears without overclock.

I have the same issue with the mining edition Sapphire (no dvi port and has quad bios).  I had to move these GPU's to a windows 10 machine.
Jump to: