Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 384. (Read 835503 times)

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Has anyone able to run more than 8 R-series GPUs (R9 Fury) with SmOS and AsRock H110? I am getting this message when I add the 9th Fury and rig keeps restarting. BTW I am able to run 10 1070s with H110 and nvOC w/o any issues.

/root/xminer.sh: line 49: 3710 Segmentation fault  $MINER_PATH $MINER_OPTIONS
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds

Edit...mining ZEC with Claymore 12.5
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
Hello tytanick,
         Can you help me? What do you mean alternative version?

On installation there's the list and number

8 - If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

AUTO-UPDATE fix
Fixed auto-updates for R OS v1081
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
AUTO-UPDATE fix
Fixed auto-updates for R OS v1081
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Where do i get the v1109 for nvidia? i see 1108 on maine page only

it will auto update to the latest for you
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Can i use this OS to get 12 RX 560 running on an asus Z270-P?
I got some risers and riser extensions.
Tried it on windows, but i am stuck at 7GPU. Connecting one more and everything crashes.

And can i also modd the gpu bios on windows and then connect it to the miner? would it work?
Activity: 24
Hi,

i am using a R390 on my Rig.
It worked until the "offline" problem yesterday.
According to the mail i recreated the USB stick.
Now it doesn't work at all as it looks like the stick is not updating itself.

Always getting the following error.

============ Starting Miner ===============
/root/xminer.sh: line 34: cd: /root/miner/claymore-eth-v9.8: No such file or directory
/root/xminer.sh: line 37: /root/miner/claymore-eth-v9.8/ethdcrminer64: No such file or directory
Miner ended/crashed. Restarting miner in 10 seconds --------------

Already rebooted the Rig multiple times.
What can i do now ?

Here is a pic from the commandbox on first boot.
Looks like it is not able to download the miners.
http://up.picr.de/29986152bq.png
Activity: 3
tytanick

Are you a planned in future adding the possibility of dot adjustment of overclocking and downvolt graphics cards?

p.s. I apologize in advance, if there was an answer to this question (=
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I'm having issues with the R-version of the OS.

It boots straight into the desktop (I can see the desktop), and never starts the miner-program.
Anyway I can manually start the miner?

It's been like this for weeks now, and I just tried with the newest version from your page, same result.

It was working fine until July!

Anyone else had this problem?

Bump.

An answer would be nice, I've already lost a month of mining on the R-rig..
Om simplemining.net says --

6) Enable onboard graphics to default (PEG - > IDG)
7) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
Cool If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

don't understand what he means by use alternative version.

I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

I had a USB stick that had the AMD SMOS image file installed.. I didnt realize that and tried booting into SMOS, it did its lengthy updates and finally got stuck with no display found message repeatedly.. I realized that it was probably due to using AMD image. Then downloaded the NVIDIA image from SMOS home page, used HDD Raw copy tool and created the bootable USB stick again.. Tried to boot into it with just 1 GPU connected and it wouldn't work.. Just blank screen after the initial bios screen.. I have the monitor HDMI connected directly to the GPU (no onboard display ports).. Someone in the SMOS chat said that I should not use HDD Raw copy and was asked to try etcher.io software to create the USB.. I tried using that and I am getting the same blank screen...

I have MSI Z170A mother board.. I was wondering if I should use the Z170 image on the frontpage of https://simplemining.net/.. I asked the question in the chat yesterday and I was told no..

Help pls !!
Activity: 95
I have a 6 gpu (4 x nvidia 1060, 2 x 1070) rig and I  have been running it on windows and wanted to try SMOS...

I had a USB stick that had the AMD SMOS image file installed.. I didnt realize that and tried booting into SMOS, it did its lengthy updates and finally got stuck with no display found message repeatedly.. I realized that it was probably due to using AMD image. Then downloaded the NVIDIA image from SMOS home page, used HDD Raw copy tool and created the bootable USB stick again.. Tried to boot into it with just 1 GPU connected and it wouldn't work.. Just blank screen after the initial bios screen.. I have the monitor HDMI connected directly to the GPU (no onboard display ports).. Someone in the SMOS chat said that I should not use HDD Raw copy and was asked to try etcher.io software to create the USB.. I tried using that and I am getting the same blank screen...

I have MSI Z170A mother board.. I was wondering if I should use the Z170 image on the frontpage of https://simplemining.net/.. I asked the question in the chat yesterday and I was told no..

Help pls !!
Activity: 5
which type of OS i need for 4 x rx 580 and 2 x 1080 ti on 1 rig?
no answer TS?
Activity: 11
Guys,
Anyone can mine with 1060 p106 on SMOS?
Please let me know cuz I cant

Peace outBTCBTCBTC

I'm still unable to mine with my p106. Anything more than 1 card and the power draw goes to 15 no matter what i do. I tried to follow the instructions that some other users posted but it still doesnt work. Hope they release an update to support it soon

Hi, I found a solution how to enable mining on Nvidia P106 with SMOS. You need to edit file /root/utils/rclocal.sh (with WinSCP for example) and remove "-a --allow-empty-initial-configuration" from nvidia-xconfig line. You will get full mining speed after reboot. :-D If anybody need a help - send me a PM.

OMG your the best!!! Grin thanks its now working flawlessly!

Now does anyone know how to make RX470 and RX570 mining edition work on SMOS? Same behavior as p106 before the mod to rc.local
On installation there's the list and number 8 -

Cool If you have Z170 chipset, use alternative version

What does he mean by alternative version?
Activity: 1
Guys,

Peace outBTCBTCBTC

I'm still unable to mine with my p106. Anything more than 1 card and the power draw goes to 15 no matter what i do. I tried to follow the instructions that some other users posted but it still doesnt work. Hope they release an update to support it soon

Hi, I found a solution how to enable mining on Nvidia P106 with SMOS. You need to edit file /root/utils/rclocal.sh (with WinSCP for example) and remove "-a --allow-empty-initial-configuration" from nvidia-xconfig line. You will get full mining speed after reboot. :-D If anybody need a help - send me a PM.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Calm down guys...
I think Tytus should put a todo list on simplemining.net .. so that everybody can check when a feature will probably be integrated..
This will save us every second post here  Roll Eyes
Activity: 41
my rig: 6* Zotac GTX 1060 mining edition (t/o output)
and i got the error
"No devices were found"
after started mining OS
everything else fine, i got this error ad OC screen
please help me
Are you using the image just for Nvidia cards?
Yeah, i use link for NV Series on homepage

not sure if P106-100 mining cards is supported already by the usb image.

No the current image does not support we need to install nvidia 384.4 beta driver for the p106-100 to work still figuring out a way to install the new driver in simple mining os
edit rc.local to disable all smos autostart.
and install 384.4
It works for me

How u do that?

just do it  Roll Eyes
my rig: 6* Zotac GTX 1060 mining edition (t/o output)
and i got the error
"No devices were found"
after started mining OS
everything else fine, i got this error ad OC screen
please help me
Are you using the image just for Nvidia cards?
Yeah, i use link for NV Series on homepage

not sure if P106-100 mining cards is supported already by the usb image.

No the current image does not support we need to install nvidia 384.4 beta driver for the p106-100 to work still figuring out a way to install the new driver in simple mining os
edit rc.local to disable all smos autostart.
and install 384.4
It works for me

How u do that?
Guys,

Peace outBTCBTCBTC

have you ever tried windows?

Peace out BTCBTCBTC
Activity: 81
One simple question, i want to compare.

Simplemining.net for /me  is better solution or not?

i use managed and created specially for mining ISO with full NVIDIA driver 384.   (Based on Mint 18)
for mining im just copy miner folder and run
+ add 3 scripts for autoconfig videocards once, autofan and autooveclock all cards.
Real ISO image - 1Gb.

5x1060 get 105MH on Etherium  + Decred on Claymore 9.7

Maybe exist driver better for mining?
Jump to: