Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 395. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I have a tb250-btc pro motherboard that supports 12 cards and 12 1060s hooked up, but whenever I boot up I get scrolling PCIe Bus errors. The bios is set to mining mode - above 6g and SMOS supports 15 cards so theoretically there shouldn't be an issue. I know one guy here got the same board up and running with 12, but I can't seem to get over 6 without these issues. I've talked to the dev and he's working on it, but I want to ask if anyone has had and overcome this issue in the meantime.
Activity: 19
hey!
so I have 2x1070 and 2x1060 and I'm using the smOS. I use the overclock standard feature to offset the values, however, it seems that by offsetting for 2 different models smOS gets confused.

Settings:
Core: 100
Mem: 1200
Power Limit: 100W

Core/Mem
1771 1101 1898 1531 (100)
4404 4404 4404 4404

Does anybody knows if this is correct?
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Hey guys

new to the cryto game;

i managed to build my rig as follows:

GPU's: 4 x MSI RX570 4GB & 2 Gigabyte RX570 4GB
HDD: 128gb Kingston SSD
Motherboard: MSI H270 gaming M3
CPU: Pentium G4560
RAM: 8gb g.skill ripjaws DDR4 2400
PSU: Corsair HX1200i platinum

The situation is this:

I have 4 GPU's firing with a combined hash rate of 105 MH/s running relatively cool.

I have been stumped as to why i cant get the other 2 cards visible in Display Adapters.

After a bit of googling it i came across a post stating that it might be the OS so i decided to give Simplemining OS a try;

After mounting it on the usb and booting it it up i keep getting a frozen colourful screen; anyone can help me?

Many thanks

Pic of frozen screen...

Have you flashed the latest bios to your mainboard? Have you changed the bios settings to support 4+ cards? (4g decoding, etc)

I also had problems with these boards, and I should allow IGP and use the integrated videocard to work fine.
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
I use the latest NVIDIA image, and the memory overclock works fine for 1060 and 1070. But I can't overclock the 1050Ti memory clock. (It works fine in windows)
Does anybody else have this issue? Can you look into this?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I see alot of people still have issues getting the smos image into fresh USB thumb drive and getting into smos mining.

Here is a good video on how to the above step by step from BBT Youtube channel.

Walkthrough for Simplemining.net: https://youtu.be/PAHWMK78Gag?t=956
Live Episode 12 - Complete SimpleMining walk-through....
Activity: 1
Hey guys

new to the cryto game;

i managed to build my rig as follows:

GPU's: 4 x MSI RX570 4GB & 2 Gigabyte RX570 4GB
HDD: 128gb Kingston SSD
Motherboard: MSI H270 gaming M3
CPU: Pentium G4560
RAM: 8gb g.skill ripjaws DDR4 2400
PSU: Corsair HX1200i platinum

The situation is this:

I have 4 GPU's firing with a combined hash rate of 105 MH/s running relatively cool.

I have been stumped as to why i cant get the other 2 cards visible in Display Adapters.

After a bit of googling it i came across a post stating that it might be the OS so i decided to give Simplemining OS a try;

After mounting it on the usb and booting it it up i keep getting a frozen colourful screen; anyone can help me?

Many thanks

Pic of frozen screen...

Activity: 45

What is SimpleMining OS (SMOS) ?
It is nice looking and easy Operating system for mining on AMD GPUs

Most wanted info:
- idea is simple: download for free my OS and write it to any drive: Hard / SSD / even USB drive
- after that you just enter your email address in config.txt file and boot your rig
- login to simplemining.net dashboard using the same email and start managing your rig Smiley
- for now service is free but in near future it will be small cost per rig like 1 $ per rig per month
- if there will be new miner i will implement it fast with auto-updates system

Requirements:
- R OS = AMD GPUs R300/R200/HD7xxx series
- RX OS - AMD GPUs RX400/RX500 series
- hard drive / ssd / usb drive - it must be 7GB or bigger
- at least 1-4GB system memory (depend how much GPUs are you using and what miner)

About me
- I am linux admin for about 13 years and crypto miner for 5 years
- Linux, programming, scripting, mining are my hobbies Smiley
- i am honest and simple IT guy who whants to make world better and give something to it
- if you want to make donation BTC: 1ERRVbvV23h51ScH73nQr6TDmaieKNuuVD
- if you want to contact me about anything just write: [email protected]

Video
https://tytanick.tinytake.com/sf/MTM4Nzg1Ml81MDI4MTgy

Screenshots

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen15.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen14.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen13.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen12.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen10.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen9.png

https://simplemining.net/img/screenshot/screen8.png

Hi, I have a problem, when I try to install, simplemining, in my usb, with HDRAWCOPYTOOL, in windows 10, at the end of the installation, it does not copy anything, in the usb, already tried, several times, and the problem persists, Idea, what can happen?
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
Got 3 rigs with rx 470's Sapphire & Asus

After more than 1 month with smOS I am forced to abandon it in favor of Windows.

The reason is that I cannot control power consumption effectively.

Whatever DPM levels I set power usage is almost unaffected.

With windows a simple afterburner -96 mv setting is enough to reduce my 6 gpu rigs from 950 to 750-800 watt and my 5 gpu rig from 800 to 670.

I can only think that with further research in windows consumption is going to go lower.

Therefore Tytanyk I think you should try to do something with RX series Voltage controls.

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Is any miner in SMOS to mine x13 algo?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Converted my new stock rig Gigabyte RX470s 6xGPU on TB85 to the new 12xGPU Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
Got it to work with 12 GPUs on smOS.
Celeron G3930, 8GB RAM, 2400watts Delta server PSU Kit

Do you have a way to undervolt them, or you just dont mind? Wink
Missing -100mv setting from afterburner will add to quite a lot on 12 GPUs

Modded roms - basic 1500 straps goes a long way to reduce power bill and manage heat.
Rule No 1 -- always undervolt especially if you run GPU farms.
Rig stability, steady hash and keeping the PSU happy are more important than record-breaking hash-rates.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Converted my new stock rig Gigabyte RX470s 6xGPU on TB85 to the new 12xGPU Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
Got it to work with 12 GPUs on smOS.
Celeron G3930, 8GB RAM, 2400watts Delta server PSU Kit

Do you have a way to undervolt them, or you just dont mind? Wink
Missing -100mv setting from afterburner will add to quite a lot on 12 GPUs
Activity: 5
mirror link pls. it's very slow for me to download
Activity: 7
Thanks, I set the defaults to 0 so they would reset after messing around with them last night, now it at 300 (7) / 1750 and the hash rate has dropped right down to 7.84 MH/s 78.35 MH/s, it does not seem to know the original values and I did not take a record of them!

- Boost Clock: Up to 1236 MHz
- Memory Clock: Up to 1750 MHz

Thanks, I reset the rig which fixed it. I will copy my previous post in regards to overclocking

should I be upping both values at the same time? for example

1246(7)/1760

+10 at a time?
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Thanks, I set the defaults to 0 so they would reset after messing around with them last night, now it at 300 (7) / 1750 and the hash rate has dropped right down to 7.84 MH/s 78.35 MH/s, it does not seem to know the original values and I did not take a record of them!

- Boost Clock: Up to 1236 MHz
- Memory Clock: Up to 1750 MHz
Activity: 7
I have a Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 8192MB GDDR5 Samsung PCI-Express Graphics Card, and I am the following settings for simplemining
Code:
-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -epsw x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x
on claymore-eth-v9.7
It is reporting the following speeds 15.37 MH/s 461.22 MH/s
Does this seem a reasonable speed for this single card? I have never dual mined nor used this card before so I am unsure on what type of hash speeds I should be getting.

Thanks.

Use the flag below(Taken from the claymore 9.xxx readme txt file), this balances out how much hashing power you want between your main and secondary coins

-dcri   Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal intensity, or Ethereum fine-tuning value in ETH-only ASM mode. Default value is 30, you can adjust this value to get the best Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining speed without reducing Ethereum mining speed.
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-dcri 30,100,50".
   You can change the intensity in runtime with "+" and "-" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For example, by default (-dcri 30) 390 card shows 29MH/s for Ethereum and 440MH/s for Decred. Setting -dcri 70 causes 24MH/s for Ethereum and 850MH/s for Decred.

for me I find -dcri 40 seems a good balance, but tweak and tune to taste

Hi toomeke, thanks for the reply, could you give me some further help with your comment, I have tried setting "-dcri 30", -dcri 50" and -dcri 100" non of which make a difference below is an example of the change I made
Code:
-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -epsw x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x
To
-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dcri 30 x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dcri 30 obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x
Which does not seem to change anything.

dcri- flag only needed once, it doesnt matter where you add the flag, but I like to keep the tweaks on the end like this

-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -epsw x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x -dcri 30

Hi, thanks, I have tried the following values
09 23.24 MH/s 209.19 MH/s
10 23.32 MH/s 233.19 MH/s
20 20.27 MH/s 405.44 MH/s
30 14.97 MH/s 449.16 MH/s
40 12.35 MH/s 494.13 MH/s
50 10.28 MH/s 513.87 MH/s

So I need to find out the best ratio of what to mine giving the current values of eth and pascal, as well as overclocking values.

How do I find the default memory MHz and core MHz for my card?

Sweet, have a play and workout the best ROI(Use this and input the rates and power https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/10-eth-pasc), default clock? just input core and memory as zero/0 then let it run for a min, and you will see then tune from there, Id tune mining ether only, then add your 2nd coin and finetune off that using dcri/extra clocks etc

Get it stable but dont bother trying to get that last 5% more hash as it will often waste your mining and personal time...lol

I got it back to normal by restarting the rig, made a note of the clock this time
Code:
1236(7)/1750
so should I be upping both values at the same time? for example
Code:
1246(7)/1760
+10 at a time?
Activity: 34
quick question to all,

what does (3) means in core/mem in smos ?

Core/Mem
1270 1270 1236 1236 1236 1236 1216 (3)

Thanks in advance.

3 is powerstage

thanks
Activity: 11
quick question to all,

Core/Mem

Thanks in advance.

3 is powerstage
Activity: 34
quick question to all,

Core/Mem

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 49
I have a Sapphire Radeon RX 470 MINING Edition 8192MB GDDR5 Samsung PCI-Express Graphics Card, and I am the following settings for simplemining
Code:
on claymore-eth-v9.7
It is reporting the following speeds 15.37 MH/s 461.22 MH/s
Does this seem a reasonable speed for this single card? I have never dual mined nor used this card before so I am unsure on what type of hash speeds I should be getting.

Thanks.

Use the flag below(Taken from the claymore 9.xxx readme txt file), this balances out how much hashing power you want between your main and secondary coins

-dcri   Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal intensity, or Ethereum fine-tuning value in ETH-only ASM mode. Default value is 30, you can adjust this value to get the best Decred/Siacoin/Lbry mining speed without reducing Ethereum mining speed.
   You can also specify values for every card, for example "-dcri 30,100,50".
   You can change the intensity in runtime with "+" and "-" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.
   For example, by default (-dcri 30) 390 card shows 29MH/s for Ethereum and 440MH/s for Decred. Setting -dcri 70 causes 24MH/s for Ethereum and 850MH/s for Decred.

for me I find -dcri 40 seems a good balance, but tweak and tune to taste

Hi toomeke, thanks for the reply, could you give me some further help with your comment, I have tried setting "-dcri 30", -dcri 50" and -dcri 100" non of which make a difference below is an example of the change I made
Code:
To
-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dcri 30 x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dcri 30 obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x
Which does not seem to change anything.

dcri- flag only needed once, it doesnt matter where you add the flag, but I like to keep the tweaks on the end like this

-epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -epsw x -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-eu1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal obfuscated.test1/[email protected] -dpsw x -dcri 30

Hi, thanks, I have tried the following values
09 23.24 MH/s 209.19 MH/s
10 23.32 MH/s 233.19 MH/s
20 20.27 MH/s 405.44 MH/s
30 14.97 MH/s 449.16 MH/s
40 12.35 MH/s 494.13 MH/s
50 10.28 MH/s 513.87 MH/s

So I need to find out the best ratio of what to mine giving the current values of eth and pascal, as well as overclocking values.

How do I find the default memory MHz and core MHz for my card?

Sweet, have a play and workout the best ROI(Use this and input the rates and power https://whattomine.com/merged_coins/10-eth-pasc), default clock? just input core and memory as zero/0 then let it run for a min, and you will see then tune from there, Id tune mining ether only, then add your 2nd coin and finetune off that using dcri/extra clocks etc

Get it stable but dont bother trying to get that last 5% more hash as it will often waste your mining and personal time...lol
Activity: 49
Random question. I am wanting to mine Chaincoin with my Zcash rig. Can i put in the pool info and config and use my simplemining software to mine a coin outside of Zcash, Eth, Dcr, SC and so on?
Nope, use the Klaus T version from here http://ccminer.org/

Ive rocked over to Chaincoin just in the last few hours, 9mh per 1060, GPU oc supported, doesnt use memory OC
Jump to: