Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 417. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Having issues getting my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 board working with 6 Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ cards.

I've done the following:
PCIE : Auto
4G Decoding : Enabled
Integrated Graphics : IGD

But when it boots it gives a ton of errors on AMDGPU ring tests.    
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 3 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 4 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 5 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 6 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 7 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 8 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 9 test failed
It also gives errors after that from powerplay saying "failed to send message"

After using Auto, Tried with GEN1, then GEN2 and have the same problems.

(Also, the board has 7 slots and I'm using the first 6 from left to right... should I be using different ones for just 6 GPUs?)

Thanks.  

UPDATE : Works with 1 GPU.  Going to diagnose slots / risers / cards to try and find the issue.

UPDATE2 : Went through each GPU and RISER... looks like one GPU is bad and is causing the errors.   Too bad.   Looks like the settings were all correct though.   Kept the post for others.

I am having same issue with same board , I can only get 2 running at the same time. But I have another rig with 7 cards running just fine with the same mobo.
I have 3 rigs running smos, one has mixed rx470, rx480 and rx570 and it works flawless, I have a second rig with 6 rx 580 and only can get 2 gpu to work 3rd rig has 3 1080ti and only 2 will work.  All 3 rigs have same hardware , I am at a total lost.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
WOW!

Tytanick is the man!
He must have seen that my rigs were being restarted over & over again with no hashing being done.
He shot me an email on the side to help me trouble shoot the issue.
 Shocked
Can't say enough good things about Tytanick as a person.

Thanks very much.
 Roll Eyes
R
Activity: 6
Sure.

I can not get 3 cards or 4 cards to work.
The power setting of 95 only works on 1 of 3 different cards tried.

Decided to give it a try, on one of my nvidia rigs.
Everything is working fine, 12-24 hours stable.

Power consumption from the wall is 660w - 6 x gtx1070.
Getting around ~26mh per card, on eth.
Waiting for a new release, to achieve atleast 30mh.

P.s.

Philip, i pointed my rig to your wallet, while it was testing.
Just to say thnx, for helping out the community.

http://imgur.com/a/BSh9o
Yep, with OC it should get up to 30MH Smiley
I am working on it. There needs to be separate Nviida version with installed GUI becasue nvidia doesnt allow to change OC setting without installed Xorg ... Its fcking disaster Smiley
Anyway i will do this.

Nvidia need, xauth , for change fan and oc settings
example

on root

nvidia-settings -a "[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[1]=100" -a "[gpu:0]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[1]=250" -a "[gpu:0]/GpuPowerMizerMode=1"

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 367.44                 Driver Version: 367.44                    |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1070    On   | 0000:01:00.0     Off |                  N/A |
| 27%   54C    P2   105W / 105W |    621MiB /  8113MiB |    100%      Default |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
|   1  GeForce GTX 1070    On   | 0000:02:00.0     Off |                  N/A |
| 22%   54C    P2   103W / 105W |    620MiB /  8113MiB |     99%      Default |
|   2  GeForce GTX 1070    On   | 0000:04:00.0     Off |                  N/A |
| 34%   55C    P2   106W / 105W |    620MiB /  8113MiB |    100%      Default |

Power limit for GPU 0000:01:00.0 was set to 105.00 W from 105.00 W.
Power limit for GPU 0000:02:00.0 was set to 105.00 W from 105.00 W.
Power limit for GPU 0000:04:00.0 was set to 105.00 W from 105.00 W.
All done.
root@miner1:/home/live#
Activity: 108
Merit: 10

Hi, thats why i finally decided to make each miner program update version as separate miner, So you can stay on 9.4 or use 9.5.
How claymore miner program works its not up to me.
Personally i am using 8.x Cheesy
Here, see:

I'm having the "0 mh/s then crash" problem with my rigs running RX 470 cards regardless of whether I am running Claymore 9.4 or 9.5. As I noted in a previous thread, I was able to get the issue to subside by reducing memorcy OC settings by 125 mhz. However, prior to a couple days ago, I was able to run the more aggressive memory setting for months without an issue.

If you want me to bump the memory OC setting back up to what it was before so you can observe the issue on your end, just let me know. I would be happy to help.

EDIT: Also, a couple times before the a card dropped to 0 mh/s I noticed its reported hashrate jumped up by as much as 3 mh/s for a brief period of time before crashing. Prior to this new issue with stability, I had never observed any cards on my rigs doing that.

I am having the same problem. Rigs that were stable for a long time are now having issues all of a sudden. Just like you, I've tried claymore 9.4 and 9.5 and have received the same results
Activity: 53

Hi, thats why i finally decided to make each miner program update version as separate miner, So you can stay on 9.4 or use 9.5.
Here, see:

I'm having the "0 mh/s then crash" problem with my rigs running RX 470 cards regardless of whether I am running Claymore 9.4 or 9.5. As I noted in a previous post, I was able to get the issue to subside by reducing memorcy OC settings by 125 mhz. However, prior to a couple days ago, I was able to run the more aggressive memory setting for months without an issue.

If you want me to bump the memory OC setting back up to what it was before so you can observe the issue on your end, just let me know. I would be happy to help.

EDIT: Also, a couple times before the a card dropped to 0 mh/s I noticed its reported hashrate jumped up by as much as 3 mh/s for a brief period of time before crashing. Prior to this new issue with stability, I had never observed any cards on my rigs doing that.
Activity: 98
@tytanick: was there any change in the last update except of the 2 miner-updates?

REALLY i can't understand how so many ppl can complain about an unstable update when there wasn't changed ANY ... the ppl which complain would have to activate the new miner on their own and it sounds like nobody did that of them.

i personally dont have any issues - 9.5 is running unstable on my side but im ok with using 9.4 - but would be nice to clarify, that there wasn't any other changes and so all those recent complains about unstabillity are more or less kinda subjectively
Activity: 279
Tytanick are you going to add EWBF miner soon? It would be awesome for nvidia rigs
How do I change the power limit on nvidia  card with smos?
Activity: 7
Hello Guys!

I need some help! Since the last update my rig randomly drops one cars from the six. Only five working. I've changed the risers, cables, everything but after 20-30 minutes one card stops working....

I've changed the pool also, but the result always the same. I mining Zcash with six RX460s.

Any idea?  Huh Huh Huh Huh
Update has nothing to do with it.
Try lowering clocks speed.
Also it could be riser or gpu itself.
Its normla in Mining world, there is no 100% stability , never.

Mea culpa! I find the root cause: there was a broken sata connector.... shit happens Smiley
Activity: 33
Does the OP provide support at all? If not, I'm going to pay $30 for a perpetual license for pimpOS instead of $24 each year for each rig.

Who knows what can happen in a YEAR, omg a year in crypto world... I prefer to pay now for what i need now.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Please advise, I added 4 RX-480 8GB cards with 1 RX 580 8GB Pulse card, and I have some problems with it now. If I look at Hash, the slowest is GPU0, but the hottest is GPU1. I'm not quite sure how the cards are matched in the Overclocking menu. I also have enough problem to reasonably set it, I have stock bios and let any Mhz in memory and GPU have only 20.1 hash ETH. What values do you use with the original bios? If I give the same as for the RX 480 (1050/2220), the card will melt and hash is still the same Sad
You need to modify bios and copy 1500 timing straps to have better speed.
Activity: 194
Please advise, I added 4 RX-480 8GB cards with 1 RX 580 8GB Pulse card, and I have some problems with it now. If I look at Hash, the slowest is GPU0, but the hottest is GPU1. I'm not quite sure how the cards are matched in the Overclocking menu. I also have enough problem to reasonably set it, I have stock bios and let any Mhz in memory and GPU have only 20.1 hash ETH. What values do you use with the original bios? If I give the same as for the RX 480 (1050/2220), the card will melt and hash is still the same Sad
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Does the OP provide support at all? If not, I'm going to pay $30 for a perpetual license for pimpOS instead of $24 each year for each rig.
Yes, you can write directly to [email protected] if you find your answer on forum.
Activity: 192

Only the time that consume installing the drivers on any windows is worth that 2$/month. Also not to mention that the bast majority of people here are doing that 2$ in less than 1h with their rigs...
u say it. those 2$ are nothing. never understood why people keep discussing the fee topic. the fee is used to sponsor a lot of things and in first place the developers time.
Activity: 33

Only the time that consume installing the drivers on any windows is worth that 2$/month. Also not to mention that the bast majority of people here are doing that 2$ in less than 1h with their rigs...
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello Guys!

I need some help! Since the last update my rig randomly drops one cars from the six. Only five working. I've changed the risers, cables, everything but after 20-30 minutes one card stops working....

I've changed the pool also, but the result always the same. I mining Zcash with six RX460s.

Update has nothing to do with it.
Try lowering clocks speed.
Also it could be riser or gpu itself.
Its normla in Mining world, there is no 100% stability , never.
Activity: 7
Hello Guys!

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Thx for nvidia support man. You made a great start for what you will do in the future releases.
But my AMD rigs are getting crazy after the last update. Everything was perfect before that. I can't run total of 10 GPUs Huh
I tried with Claymore 9.5 and 9.4.
9.4 was not working as before with my AMD rigs. 9.5 is even worst.
I hope you fix this soon.
Cheers

Here, see:

Activity: 279
Sure.

I can not get 3 cards or 4 cards to work.
The power setting of 95 only works on 1 of 3 different cards tried.

Decided to give it a try, on one of my nvidia rigs.
Everything is working fine, 12-24 hours stable.

Power consumption from the wall is 660w - 6 x gtx1070.
Getting around ~26mh per card, on eth.
Waiting for a new release, to achieve atleast 30mh.

P.s.

Philip, i pointed my rig to your wallet, while it was testing.
Just to say thnx, for helping out the community.

Yep, with OC it should get up to 30MH Smiley
I am working on it. There needs to be separate Nviida version with installed GUI becasue nvidia doesnt allow to change OC setting without installed Xorg ... Its fcking disaster Smiley
Anyway i will do this.

Thx for nvidia support man. You made a great start for what you will do in the future releases.
But my AMD rigs are getting crazy after the last update. Everything was perfect before that. I can't run total of 10 GPUs Huh
I tried with Claymore 9.5 and 9.4.
9.4 was not working as before with my AMD rigs. 9.5 is even worst.
I hope you fix this soon.
Cheers
Jump to: