Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 415. (Read 835499 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
@tytanick Can you make something about group the miners, for example, mining to one pool with one rig and mining with other values for other pool seems to me more important feature we actually trying to manage this but we already add some money to one email account this it's not the end of the world but would be really useful.

We have an Nvidia Rig 5x1070 and 1080ti but can't we use SMOS cause we want to mine Zcash with those we need separate options or another email .

Thanks in advance.
This will be done soon !
As now becasue my company is groving too fast i decided and i already hired other company to do the coding stuff regarding simplemining.net website and dashboard.
Right now the whole simplemining.net is beeing rewritten , ETA is about 10-14 days. After that new features will be finally done very quickly.
I am personally focusing on company managment stuff + making sure that all will work smoothly.
As you already know the implementing new features just stopped becasue i dont have enought time to do all of this myself.
Answering all mails, coding, developing OS, managing sales of SRRv2, managing farms + my other linux administration work that i have was just too much for one person.
Thats why i decided to not to do php+mysql coding stuff and hire company for this.
This compnay also will make andoird/iphone app once few other essencial stuff will be done.
I guess you will guys appreciate this even more becasue from your perspective you will be getting much more and simplemining will bring much more and MUCH FASTER all new features Smiley
So all those new features will move forward after rewriting whole my simplemining.net website will be tested and completed.
There will be also slightly different interface look Cheesy (this time we will go into AdminLTE dashboard)
Yet i will be still doing Linux OS stuff and answering all emails as i dont know anybody who would have my skills to answer those questions and making mining OS Tongue
My main experience from many years whas i deed linux administrator. This php+mysql coding stuff is something that is moving very slow here ;P

Anyway, thx you all for the support you given me and watch as simplemining is growing and becaming best AND most simple to use OS for mining ! (your words not mine)

About claymore GPU problems.
There was nothing changed in claymore versions or in the system.
Personally i dont see bigger problems than it were before.
You guys must know that crypto mining isnt easy stuff and you need to know that "strange things" can and accually ARE happening and will happen.
Its becasue you all are pushing boundries to gpus and to your hardware (and it must be like this)
The common ground could be even "summer" which makes your gpus running hot.
hotter gpu = more errors etc.
There are many newbies which has totally no clue how the mining works and what are the problems here.
Why do you think i invented SimpleRigResetter ? It is not for fun you know Smiley
Its common problem.
Gpu after working ok for 2 months can start throwing errors after "settelment time"
Also i dont see that "many" people have starting to have problems like you described.
I seen this before and it goes like this. Everyone has some problems with theirs gpus.
Then there is my update (which is totally nothing special like adding new miner or changing some parts in ther system that has nothing to do with freezing system)
Then one guy is writing that "after my last update his rig freezed or his gpu is hanging" -> then other guys sees that post and he is saying the same becasue there is no other explanation so they starting to blame my updabe (becasue its only explanation and becasue why not?) Smiley
And you know why ? Hanging gpus is very common in minign world and has nothing to do with my updates Wink
Anyway, this is why i started to releasing new miners as separate new miner - because each change can cause problems and forcing new miner version isnt good way (and yes few of you told me that before but i needed time to see that myself)
Anyway.
I am providing bootable system, dashboard and tools, miners and other stuff. My OS is just a gateway, renelber that.
So if something isnt working properly then it can be 100 different things and doenst have to be my "update" Cheesy

Also, please guys understand all new members, they have questions, they have no idea about mining but please dont "shut them down".
They are just people and we were on theirs place too !
Right now many crypto related comapnies have problems becasue too much users came in:
AMD, poloniex .... etc

I need to make some tutorials, and FAQ for users like that so we could send them there and not ask over and over the same problems here.
I know its anoying Tongue - thats why i am not here lately and i am focusing on direct emails.
Please guys, take it easy and remember that cash isnt everything in this world .... (if it is everything for you then money own you !)
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi, do i need the alternate iso for MSI Z270-A PRO? With 6 GPU i stuck with some strange frozen image with pixels.

Last bios
4g encoding enabled
Gen 2
Audio off

I had the same error with z270a-pro
Activity: 53
Tytanick,

Several of us have posted about our ongoing issue with unstable cards that started a couple days ago, and with the exception of one dismissive post, you have refused to address this issue. I'm happy that you are opening your OS to new customers with the introduction of Nvidia support, but how about a little support for your established client base? Who knows, the problem may be caused by a third party, such as Claymore, but there is no way to tell as long as you ignore our concerns.

Offer him (or someone) money to help you troubleshoot.

He is not being funded to develop this... its all on him if it fails. He has no malice toward you, he just has time to either develop or to trouble shoot individual cases. Development is (obviously) more productive for him.

Someone here said that moving to Claymore 9.5 solved the issues, Tytanick himself said that he prefers 8.1. I actually find that 9.4 is stable and that it gets more shares than 9.5...

Now, YOU go and take some time to try different options and get back with a more complete analysis so that he (and others here) can better understand your issue.

From your troubleshooting suggestions, it is obvious you are a fucking idiot who struggles daily to distinguish your head from your ass. The number of falsehoods and misstatements in your relatively short post is an impressive demonstration of your fundamental inability to exercise reason and logic when engaging the world around you.

First, with respect to your specific suggestion concerning Claymore versions, are you too fucking stupid to understand that I and others tried changing Claymore versions, it didn't help, and wrote about our efforts here, or perhaps you were just to fucking lazy to read my last couple of posts before going off half cocked like the dumb shit you are.

As for your suggestion to offer him money, I am already paying him. Besides, my and others' problems arose precisely when Tytanick implemented an update. As I noted in a previous post, this does not definitively establish that his update is the cause, but it means it is a damn good place to start. The only problem is that his change log provides zero useful information, and his sparing comments about the most recent upgrade don't help either. As such, you think I should pay more money to the individual who likely caused the issue with the product I am already paying for. Brilliant fucking idea. Why didn't I think of that.

As for your last paragraph, again, if you could have extricated your head from your ass for just a bit longer, you would have seen that I and other posters have fully described the circumstances surrounding the issue and our attempts to work around it.

So, in conclusion, go fuck yourself.

Activity: 32
Merit: 1
@tytanick Can you make something about group the miners, for example, mining to one pool with one rig and mining with other values for other pool seems to me more important feature we actually trying to manage this but we already add some money to one email account this it's not the end of the world but would be really useful.

We have an Nvidia Rig 5x1070 and 1080ti but can't we use SMOS cause we want to mine Zcash with those we need separate options or another email .

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, i started using SMOS 2 Days ago and must say its awesome but because i have older rigs with 7950/70 which are for ZEC and some Rigs with RX480/580 which are for ETH. And i also need this grouping option. Using a second Email with second wallet is no option for me.

Best regards
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 8
I need help about downloading. Windows 10 keep download as HTML, which is not imgc for trump drive.  When I wrote on trumpdrive. It not see anything and window try to formati it

Anyone has the same problems.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Hi, do i need the alternate iso for MSI Z270-A PRO? With 6 GPU i stuck with some strange frozen image with pixels.

Last bios
4g encoding enabled
Gen 2
Audio off
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Just waiting for the final release of SMOS to accept mining AMD (480rx) and NVIDIA(1070) at the same time AND auto switch mining (more profitable) to switch OS. Any idea when?

With the release of nvidia support I was about to mine with both a 1080 ti and a rx 470
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Just waiting for the final release of SMOS to accept mining AMD (480rx) and NVIDIA(1070) at the same time AND auto switch mining (more profitable) to switch OS. Any idea when?
I think there will be never possibility to mix nvidia and amd in one rig.
Also auto swtiching sounds great but it is hell. This would bring mining back to even more hell. Switching algho is veeery hard to do.
Just look as ZEC and ETHEREUM swtiching .... ZEC must have less OC because it will freeze your rig.
Annyway with autoswitching there would be constantly freezes, so nope, i wont do that.
This function should have miner itself, then it would be more likely dooable.
Download for nvidia is not working pls help.
Is there any particular error  ? Do you have problem downloading or flashing or running it ?
Activity: 231
Merit: 101
Download for nvidia is not working pls help.
Activity: 52
Activity: 6
How about NVIDIA GTX 1060 cards ?
They work on the beta, but until he gets overclocking setup they are kinda stuck in the upper teens for performance.

Thanks for clarifying that overclocking nvidia cards doesnt work yet. I have 7x 1060s theyre all pushing ~19.15 mhs and I cant overclock it (now I know). I wonder when this will be released.
Activity: 35
is nvidia 1070 cards are fully supported by SMOS ? Im thinking to use SMOS but have Nvidia 1070 rigs. Will be trouble for me ? On website it says autoupdates NO for nvidia SMOS. What does it means ?

Thanks,
Activity: 5
Hi
I have a 3 rigs running z270-ar when I run 5 GPUs no issues, but adding the 6th or 7th one one of the rigs causes the miner to restart every 10 min. the rig doesn't restart, just the miner. any suggestions?
Activity: 55
So you can't boot up SMOS without a monitor? No wonder when I restart, I have to plug in a monitor then unplug it.

it depend of motherboard you have
for some - needed
for some not....
so it is not OS problem, but m/b bugs

I have z270-ar.

Yeah, I would post your configuration and question on either superuser.com or tomshardware.com, you are likely to get a useful, informed response there.

By the way, I have that exact board, and I think it posts headless, but I am not sure. I can check on Monday.
Activity: 55
Tytanick,

Several of us have posted about our ongoing issue with unstable cards that started a couple days ago, and with the exception of one dismissive post, you have refused to address this issue. I'm happy that you are opening your OS to new customers with the introduction of Nvidia support, but how about a little support for your established client base? Who knows, the problem may be caused by a third party, such as Claymore, but there is no way to tell as long as you ignore our concerns.

Offer him (or someone) money to help you troubleshoot.

He is not being funded to develop this... its all on him if it fails. He has no malice toward you, he just has time to either develop or to trouble shoot individual cases. Development is (obviously) more productive for him.

Someone here said that moving to Claymore 9.5 solved the issues, Tytanick himself said that he prefers 8.1. I actually find that 9.4 is stable and that it gets more shares than 9.5...

Now, YOU go and take some time to try different options and get back with a more complete analysis so that he (and others here) can better understand your issue.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Mixed rig with SMOS  :-)
2pcs RX570 and 3pcs NV1060 under SimpleminingOS Alpha Nvidia version.

Tytus please put EWBF miner into NV SMOS  Roll Eyes

Wow, I didn't think this could be possible. 
Didn't someone here make a bet on this?

My mixed Nvidia and AMD rig with Simplemining, it work stable with Claymore ETH-SIA dual mining..
GPU0-GPU1 AMD RX570
GPU2-GPU4 NV1060

ETH - Total Speed: 95.987 Mh/s, Total Shares: 59, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:46
ETH: GPU0 18.963 Mh/s, GPU1 20.736 Mh/s, GPU2 18.747 Mh/s, GPU3 18.758 Mh/s, GPU4 18.783 Mh/s
SC - Total Speed: 1753.848 Mh/s, Total Shares: 32, Rejected: 0
SC: GPU0 568.894 Mh/s, GPU1 622.078 Mh/s, GPU2 187.467 Mh/s, GPU3 187.583 Mh/s, GPU4 187.826 Mh/s

Amazing -- can you post a screen capture of Claymore session - would like to see how Claymore identifies mixed cards. Thanks
Activity: 5
So you can't boot up SMOS without a monitor? No wonder when I restart, I have to plug in a monitor then unplug it.

it depend of motherboard you have
for some - needed
for some not....
so it is not OS problem, but m/b bugs

I have z270-ar.
Activity: 53
Tytanick,

Activity: 21
how to get temps down...

server style case, 4x large case fans pushing front to back.   gpu's in back of case.  26 degrees C in room.

i'm testing 5 cards to see how they compare GPU0 - GPU4 below:

AMD   Sapphire   Nitro RX 460 OC
AMD   Sapphire   Nitro RX 480 OC
AMD   MSI   RX 480 OC
AMD   Asus   RX570 OC
AMD   Asus   RX580 OC

All but gpu1 are 4GB, it's 8GB.  nothing is overclocked in smos.  i've tried the claymore 9.4 and 9.5 and both get similar temps:

temps per GPU in  ℃: 74 89 89 71 88  ℃
fan speed %: 70 100 100 80 100 %

core/mem stats:

1360 1291 1221 1250 1342 (6)
1750 1750 1750 1750 2000

question 1: any tips on getting temp down based on settings in smos?
quesiton 2: why is the rx570 so slow (gpu3):

ETH - Total Speed: 104.569 Mh/s, Total Shares: 167, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:59
ETH: GPU0 22.193 Mh/s, GPU1 24.318 Mh/s, GPU2 22.023 Mh/s, GPU3 11.690 Mh/s, GPU4 24.345 Mh/s

Jump to: