Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 414. (Read 835499 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656
just to set the record straight:

I recall a time when it was going to be 1 USD / rig.

Your free OS gained a lot of popularity, as did crypto currency mining in general as it became more profitable, and suddenly you decided now it should be 2 USD / rig. You are not some kind of a Samaritan just adding to the community out of the good will of his heart, you are calculating market conditions and trying to maximize your profits just like almost everyone else.

So prepare to receive profit driven feedback, when paying members are rightfully complaining about the various bugs and stability issues. Yes they can leave, but they can also come here and give extremely valuable feedback, so customers can make an informed decision about whether they should pick you at 24 USD / rig / annum or they should pay a flat fee and opt for a more stable competitor. This might in turn motivate you to build a better system and / or lower your prices. These are all normal market conditions at work. Offering something free for a while is a very well known marketing tactic, and it certainly doesn't make you exempt from future accountability Smiley))

Trying to silence people's voices, or even worse, resorting to ad hominems, subtracts greatly from your professionalism and reputation. Everyone already knows they can just stop using your service, but they are going a step further and also criticizing it, which they have every right to do so after being charged a fee for your product. I hope this message helps you become a better pro, spend less time complaining here, and more time improving your profitable product. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Guys just to be clear.
As has been said:
My os was free over a year. Now using it costs 2$ per rig per month.
I am not offering personal helping service to each separate user.
Still if there is a bug or missing feature then i am listening, try to fix it and implement new features.
Most cases are because it isnt clear howyo anf documentation so i am accepting all sort of problems.
If there will be documentation and well builded help pages then i will be sending users to those pages.
Still if someone start using my OS he has  a free period. If you want use then pay, if not just leave. Nobody is forcing anybody to stay here, really.
Also if someone paid for using my smos and doesnt like it i will make full refund without problem.
Please understand, i am not greedy and many of you should know this by now (1 year for free) but i also dont like people who doesnt appreciate what i did gor community (and propably they are the same in other parts of their lives)
Some people are just broken.

about that image. Yes this image was z170 version.

I  also holding with few features until my dashboard will be rewritten. I want to integrate all things into one smos dashboard. Things like chat and most wanted features and voting.
The development of smos will be stable and muuuch faster than now:)
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
It´s feels like being in kindergarten again...

If you don´t like this OS or if you are not happy with how Tytus handles everything.. than just LEAVE...
NO ONE wants to read how unhappy you are.. you havn´t paid him upfront.. he even puts money in your account so that you can test his OS.
No one asked you guys to use it...
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1656

You are paying him $2 a month for whatever product he has created so far. You and I both know that payment only started about 20 days ago... before that it was completely free.

My recommendation is simply that you offer him more... $85/hr is what my mechanic charges to fix my Tahoe. I figure he's worth at least that.

If you are paying your mechanic 85$ / hr you are being screwed big time... just because you are a sucker doesn't mean others should also pay up. I suggest you keep all your financial advice to yourself on this thread, as it's extremely bad. Otherwise thanks for your genuine efforts to help.

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just in case anyone was having problems with the Asus Prime z270-p, I heard that many others have the same issues. I'm going to return it and try the MSI z270-A Pro that was recomended as I just can't get more than 5 cards on the Prime z270-p. Hopefully I can get all my cards working on it. Smiley

Do you use a Skylake or Kaby Lake processor on the z270-a pro? I want to make sure I don't have anything different so that I can maximize my chances of having less headaches.

Are people using a mix of RX cards, or just one single type? Trying to track down mobo issues seems like a big headache, but when it works it's a good feeling.
Activity: 55
What does "no screen session found" mean?

It means you booted without a monitor connected... its fine. The console will log to the web interface.
Activity: 3
What does "no screen session found" mean?

Tytanick,

Several of us have posted about our ongoing issue with unstable cards that started a couple days ago, and with the exception of one dismissive post, you have refused to address this issue. I'm happy that you are opening your OS to new customers with the introduction of Nvidia support, but how about a little support for your established client base? Who knows, the problem may be caused by a third party, such as Claymore, but there is no way to tell as long as you ignore our concerns.

Offer him (or someone) money to help you troubleshoot.

He is not being funded to develop this... its all on him if it fails. He has no malice toward you, he just has time to either develop or to trouble shoot individual cases. Development is (obviously) more productive for him.

Someone here said that moving to Claymore 9.5 solved the issues, Tytanick himself said that he prefers 8.1. I actually find that 9.4 is stable and that it gets more shares than 9.5...

Now, YOU go and take some time to try different options and get back with a more complete analysis so that he (and others here) can better understand your issue.

I and others tried changing Claymore versions, it didn't help, and wrote about our efforts here.

You are right, I missed your post saying that you tried 9.5 and switching pools. That's useful.

As for your suggestion to offer him money, I am already paying him.
You are paying him $2 a month for whatever product he has created so far. You and I both know that payment only started about 20 days ago... before that it was completely free.

My recommendation is simply that you offer him more... $85/hr is what my mechanic charges to fix my Tahoe. I figure he's worth at least that.

Besides, my and others' problems arose precisely [with] an update. As I noted in a previous post, this does not definitively establish that his update is the cause, but it means it is a damn good place to start.

I agree. Actually, better error logging to the console would be cool. It would help us all.
I need help about downloading. Windows 10 keep download as HTML, which is not imgc for trump drive.  When I wrote on trumpdrive. It not see anything and window try to formati it

Anyone has the same problems.

I had to use Google Chrome to download it... not sure why.

I assume you are using rx470's or rx580's on these rigs? The cards are bios overclocked... using windows tool?
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Nvidia is still in alpha.
As now i tested only eth claymore miner and i am mining ethereum.
Also i thinkg you are right and there is no zec miner for nvidia in my OS.
I will add it after i make stable nvidia os.

Also unversal settings for Z270 and Z170:
1) Make sure you're running the latest BIOS!
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS
5) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics

If you have Z170 chipset use this image:
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc

Ok, now is that ok, only i had one more time a luck to motherboard with lan problem, dont detect the lan cable Sad
Activity: 145
out here
Just to clarify, the img file you posted above, are only for z170 chipsets correct?

I have the z270a and just re-flashed the original rx series software from simplemining.net onto a new USB..
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Guys question.
Is it true that PS4 PRO has RX480 onboard (with 470 performance) ?
Did anybody tried to run SMOS on PS4 ? Cheesy
Would it work ?
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Nvidia is still in alpha.
As now i tested only eth claymore miner and i am mining ethereum.
Also i thinkg you are right and there is no zec miner for nvidia in my OS.
I will add it after i make stable nvidia os.

Also unversal settings for Z270 and Z170:
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS

If you have Z170 chipset use this image:
https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
Hi,

Can someone post a sample on mining with nvidia on zcash with SMOS?
out here
Will try new USB and make sure bios is updated shortly, thanks
Yes i have about 30 motherboards with z270a pro MSI and they work with 6 gpus under my os without any problem.

This inode error is bad usb. Please use other usb thumbdrive.

The setting for z270 and 5+gpus

Do this:
2) Enable 4G

Thanks, I test and give info here.

I understand it is the right version:
  Simpleminer-RX-v1090-4.11.rc3-amd
And do not need simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Yes i have about 30 motherboards with z270a pro MSI and they work with 6 gpus under my os without any problem.

This inode error is bad usb. Please use other usb thumbdrive.

The setting for z270 and 5+gpus

Do this:
2) Enable 4G
out here
Hey I've gone to put smos on my 2nd rx series rig today and I've only got as far as getting 4 GPu's recognized and running for a short period..

I booted up and it started mining for about 2-3 hours when it gave me this error message below.

"EXT-fs4 error (device sda2): ext4_find_entry:1465: inode #223..........."

Following the error message my mining statistics are still displayed, hashrate, fan speed, and temp, and the the hardware seems to be operating as normal ..

During that error message it took it offline on the smOS dashboard yet the miner still seemed to mining., everything was still on and running..
I've only gotten 4 cards running, when I've tried to go for 6 it doesn't recognize any of them I figured i would work it out one problem at a time.

Any idea why the miner crashes and takes me offline?..

***i also have a MSI z270a-pro on my 2nd rig
Hi, do i need the alternate iso for MSI Z270-A PRO? With 6 GPU i stuck with some strange frozen image with pixels.

Last bios
4g encoding enabled
Gen 2
Audio off

I had the same error with z270a-pro

tytanick, if i remembber correct, you use the z270a-pro, right?
Jump to: