Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 416. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
How about NVIDIA GTX 1060 cards ?
They work on the beta, but until he gets overclocking setup they are kinda stuck in the upper teens for performance.
Activity: 25
So you can't boot up SMOS without a monitor? No wonder when I restart, I have to plug in a monitor then unplug it.

it depend of motherboard you have
for some - needed
for some not....
so it is not OS problem, but m/b bugs
Activity: 5
Hello. Can somebody help me to solve my issue. When I have my rig connected to TV via hdmi it starts as it should. But I need it to run without being connected to TV. When I start it without using hdmi, it does not start mining or it does not overclock properly. Do you have similiar experienc?
Thanks for any answer.

You need a dummy plug buy a dummy hdmi plug you will be fine.

Thanks for help, sorry for late response.
I ended up buying two plugs, both are working fine. In case somebody needs to buy here are the links I used.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-for-HDMI-to-VGA-Adapter-Converter-For-Audio-HDMI-PC-Laptop-HD-Line-DVD/32764863124.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DG9BDE
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232345131951?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I personally prefer second one, it supports higher resolutions.

So you can't boot up SMOS without a monitor? No wonder when I restart, I have to plug in a monitor then unplug it.
Activity: 55
Thanks a million @Tytanik! Amazing...

I am running an Asus Prime z270-a with 6 x Gigabyte 1070/8g GPU's (I could run 2 more on this board, but don't have any more ATM)

Stats are a little weak:

Gigabyte Nvidia1070/8g cards do 25.8Mh/s Ether and 135Mh/s Sia

vs

Sapphire AMD470/8g cards do right at 25.6Mh/s Ether and 400Mh/s Sia

...I am not complaining, I am very happy!

Wishlist (no pressure, I am very happy to be using these cards in SMOS):
 * Would like to be able to set -dcri per rig, of course
 * A bit of OC action on the nvidia cards

Thanks!

Edit to add: using Claymore 9.4 or 9.5 and the following configuration:

Code:
-wd 1 -r 1
-epool stratum+tcp://eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x
-dpool stratum+tcp://siamining.com:7777 -dwal $walletSC.$rigName -dcoin sia -dpsw x -dcri 16  -mport -3333 -allpools 1 -allcoins 1
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
How about NVIDIA GTX 1060 cards ?
Activity: 15
https://mega.nz/#!q1cTWZBA!8cjCLtup93lpJ9dzFTU9os7SK5NnFFBA1sNKylvmxTo

Mixed rig with SMOS  :-)
2pcs RX570 and 3pcs NV1060 under SimpleminingOS Alpha Nvidia version.

Tytus please put EWBF miner into NV SMOS  Roll Eyes

Wow, I didn't think this could be possible. 
Didn't someone here make a bet on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/206g6d/guide_mining_with_both_nvidia_and_amd_on_one/

2014... nothing very special here Smiley

pssst. We aren't mining Litecoin
Activity: 25
Hello,

I´m using nvOC since yesterday for my 8x rig gtx 1060 3Gb
it is working fine,i´m waiting for a SMOS that can OC the GPU´s
Windows is just a pain in the ass.

if you want to try it go here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/os-nvoc-easy-to-use-linux-nvidia-mining-1854250

no fee, not as simple as SMOS but works very good, later I will try to install 1 last GPU to test 9x
Activity: 27
Hello. Can somebody help me to solve my issue. When I have my rig connected to TV via hdmi it starts as it should. But I need it to run without being connected to TV. When I start it without using hdmi, it does not start mining or it does not overclock properly. Do you have similiar experienc?
Thanks for any answer.

You need a dummy plug buy a dummy hdmi plug you will be fine.

Thanks for help, sorry for late response.
I ended up buying two plugs, both are working fine. In case somebody needs to buy here are the links I used.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-for-HDMI-to-VGA-Adapter-Converter-For-Audio-HDMI-PC-Laptop-HD-Line-DVD/32764863124.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DG9BDE
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232345131951?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I personally prefer second one, it supports higher resolutions.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/206g6d/guide_mining_with_both_nvidia_and_amd_on_one/

2014... nothing very special here Smiley
Activity: 26

https://mega.nz/#!C1lElK6a!EdSzold4H2GADGL2JrONks08rOUD2jivWGN227CMBlE
My mixed Nvidia and AMD rig with Simplemining, it work stable with Claymore ETH-SIA dual mining..
GPU0-GPU1 AMD RX570
GPU2-GPU4 NV1060

ETH - Total Speed: 95.987 Mh/s, Total Shares: 59, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:46
ETH: GPU0 18.963 Mh/s, GPU1 20.736 Mh/s, GPU2 18.747 Mh/s, GPU3 18.758 Mh/s, GPU4 18.783 Mh/s
SC - Total Speed: 1753.848 Mh/s, Total Shares: 32, Rejected: 0
SC: GPU0 568.894 Mh/s, GPU1 622.078 Mh/s, GPU2 187.467 Mh/s, GPU3 187.583 Mh/s, GPU4 187.826 Mh/s

Activity: 26

Ok there are 184 pages here ( im starting to read through now), and I have tried googling looking for reviews. Overall is this a stable easy mining OS? I have used Ethos on my current rigs, and was going to go Windows 10 on the ones Im building now, but I stumbled across this.

How is ease of use compared to Windows and Ethos?

Easy of use meter: 0 = never works, 10 = 99.99% uptime

Linux from scratch: 4 <-- those borked AMD drivers tho... how did you do it, Tytanik?
Windows: 3 <-- getting close to "kill yourself" territory
Ethos: 8 <-- I really like Ethos, and the security is fantastic
SMOS: 8 <-- SMOS is amazing, has a better interface than Ethos, but is less configurable... slight tradeoff.

Conclusion: Definitely try SMOS... maybe its not for you? But... it is great, and you should at least attempt some Mh through it!
How does it work with multiple rigs? I will have 20 running on this OS.

Actually I would say that the multi-rig ease of use is one of SMOS's best features... handle them all through a single web interface!

Also... he just released a hardware rig-resetter thingy that handles 8 rigs and works with his software: https://shop.simplemining.net/
Activity: 52
Ok there are 184 pages here ( im starting to read through now), and I have tried googling looking for reviews. Overall is this a stable easy mining OS? I have used Ethos on my current rigs, and was going to go Windows 10 on the ones Im building now, but I stumbled across this.

Linux from scratch: 4 <-- those borked AMD drivers tho... how did you do it, Tytanik?
SMOS: 8 <-- SMOS is amazing, has a better interface than Ethos, but is less configurable... slight tradeoff.

Conclusion: Definitely try SMOS... maybe its not for you? But... it is great, and you should at least attempt some Mh through it!
How does it work with multiple rigs? I will have 20 running on this OS.
Yeah im dreading Windows on these machines. My first ever machine, I messed around for an entire day trying to get everything working right and it was nothing but trouble.  Thats why I switched to ETHOS. I assumed the trouble was mainly due to my inexperience with mining.
Activity: 37

For me, SimpleMining has been very stable and easy to setup.  I do have a backround in tech, so maybe setup isn't quite as easy for the average person but I found it to be very easy.  I believe there are some video guides out there for setting this up as well.  I just started mining 3 weeks ago and am having zero issues with the OS.  In the beginning I had a lot of trouble getting my rigs stable, but that was an issue with the motherboard and then finding a happy medium between overclocking for the most hashing power and stability.  I would definitely recommend this OS.  It is a bargain at $2 per rig per month that comes with the developer's support and the help of the community on this forum.

Having issues getting my MSI Z170A Gaming M5 board working with 6 Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ cards.

I've done the following:
PCIE : Auto
4G Decoding : Enabled
Integrated Graphics : IGD

But when it boots it gives a ton of errors on AMDGPU ring tests.    
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 3 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 4 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 5 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 6 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 7 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 8 test failed
*ERROR amdgpu : ring 9 test failed
It also gives errors after that from powerplay saying "failed to send message"

After using Auto, Tried with GEN1, then GEN2 and have the same problems.

(Also, the board has 7 slots and I'm using the first 6 from left to right... should I be using different ones for just 6 GPUs?)

Thanks.  

UPDATE : Works with 1 GPU.  Going to diagnose slots / risers / cards to try and find the issue.

UPDATE2 : Went through each GPU and RISER... looks like one GPU is bad and is causing the errors.   Too bad.   Looks like the settings were all correct though.   Kept the post for others.

I am having same issue with same board , I can only get 2 running at the same time. But I have another rig with 7 cards running just fine with the same mobo.

I use this board and here's what I did to get it working: 
1) Force internal graphics
2) update BIOS to latest 
3) make sure mining mode is on
4) set PCIEs to Gen 1
5) This board can be set to boot in Windows. Make sure you aren't doing this in the OS settings.
6) enable 4G encode (I actually couldn't even find this option but everyone says it's important so I'm throwing it in)
7) someone somewhere mentioned increasing PCI Latency timer from 32 -> 64. But I didn't do this either.

If you've done this with no results, test your ram and cpu. Maybe even swap cpus with a working rig, if compatible.

Guys, Can you tell me once again what should we use for better communication ?
I need something like CHAT, SLACK but:
- everybody can view channels without registering
- everybody can register via email and talk with eachother
- there must be moderator feature and banning bad guys/trolls Smiley
- unlimited users ?

I will want to use ready solution becasue i dont have time to implement it on my  website now.
It could be paid like lets say up to 100$ monthly.

Discourse Forum --> host cheaply here: https://www.discoursehosting.com/ ($25 to $40 a month)

Its not chat, but its so fast, that its almost as good as chat.
There is no forum or chat or any kind of communication software that is as good at eliminating spam and bad-actors as Discourse. There are a lot of arguments about what forum / chat channel / etc is best, but pretty much everyone agrees that Discourse is awesome and that nothing compares to its merit-based moderation and spam-killing greatness.
It is hard to maintain, but if you use the link above, they do all the maintenance and upgrades for you... and they are super cheap. Also they have great support (also I don't work for them or get any money for this plug).

Source: I am a Magento dev and have installed and maintained MANY ecommerce-integrated forums over the years.

(also, if you want help setting it up... I can help with that as well...)
Jump to: