Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 45. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 690
Merit: 12
Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.3.3 (Fixed self-select login sequence. Improved CUDA loader error reporting and fixed plugin load)
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
Actually, the AMD 3rd gen ryzens make money.  I make about $300 a month with ten 3rd gen ryzens (3XXX series amd cpu: two 3600, three 3600X, one 3800X, one 3900X, one 3900XT, one 3950X, and one 3960X) on RandomX, M7M, RandonSFX, and Verushash... though for randomx, they work best when matched with 32gb of DDR4-3200.  the most cost effect cpu is the 3600.. which you can make your money back on the cpu alone in about 100 days.

the only times i have issues is when i gpu mine with TRM... TRM doesn't like to initialize gpus when CPU is under load from cpu mining.  Phoenix miner, and Lolminer have no issues when cpu mining also.

If you think earning cents with it is good then by all means continue. I have a ryzen 3600 too, last time i saw its profitability which was 3 days ago, it made 0 cents a day.

https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-randomx?hr=6800.0&p=200.0&fee=2&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

my electricity is only $0.05/kwh... in dallas texas.  i get commercial rates for the place i live.  it's mixed use business/residential.  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Actually, the AMD 3rd gen ryzens make money.  I make about $300 a month with ten 3rd gen ryzens (3XXX series amd cpu: two 3600, three 3600X, one 3800X, one 3900X, one 3900XT, one 3950X, and one 3960X) on RandomX, M7M, RandonSFX, and Verushash... though for randomx, they work best when matched with 32gb of DDR4-3200.  the most cost effect cpu is the 3600.. which you can make your money back on the cpu alone in about 100 days.

the only times i have issues is when i gpu mine with TRM... TRM doesn't like to initialize gpus when CPU is under load from cpu mining.  Phoenix miner, and Lolminer have no issues when cpu mining also.

If you think earning cents with it is good then by all means continue. I have a ryzen 3600 too, last time i saw its profitability which was 3 days ago, it made 0 cents a day.

https://whattomine.com/coins/101-xmr-randomx?hr=6800.0&p=200.0&fee=2&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

I can get it to burn 100 watts not 200

the trick to a good mix is use the cpu set volts to 1.05  and mine with 1 good card an amd 5700

look at the miner wattage  with no mining at all

then look at watts  just the card mining

then look at the wattage with the cpu and the one card mining.

any amd below rig with 1 card or 2 cards makes more money mining with xmd on the cpu

3600 cpu and 1 amd 5700 card
3700 cpu and 1  "
3800 cpu and 1  "
3900 cpu and 1  "
3950 cpu and 1  "
3960 cpu and 1  "
3970 cpu and 1  "

I have tested all above.

I have 5 3900 rigs with 1 card
I have a 3970 rig with 1 card
I have a 3960 rig with 1 card
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
i just want to confirm if you support CPU mining or not.  I didn't see it in the original post.  I would try this, but i have a lot of 3rd gen ryzens that would go to waste if i couldn't mine with them.
No, i do not support CPU mining. We only support GPU mining for nvidia and amd.

Cpu mining does not make any sense. Generates more heat and it is not profitable to do that.
Also it might cause some unstability for GPU mining so we do not want this and we do not recommend it.
Even if you would be mining with CPU and it would be "profitable" - you could earn like pennies. Its not worth it.

Activity: 690
Merit: 12
New BETA SimpleMining images with WiFi support:
- Added WiFi support. File config.txt has new options for enable WiFi and  provide network name and password
- Supported WiFi cards only natively by Linux kernel 5.4
- Tested WiFi cards that works: USB TP-LINK TL-WN821N/TL-WN823N, USB Tenda U6,  PCI-Express TP-LINK TL-WN781ND Rev3.0, PCI-Express Tenda W322E
- Tested WiFi cards that do not work: USB TP-LINK Archer T2UH AC600, USB TP-LINK Archer T2U Nano, USB TP-LINK Archer T4U
- Kernel upgraded to 5.4 series
- Faster network interface initialization
- Fixed long wait (up to 5min) for local console login if network connection failed
- New fully complete firmware package for common system devices
- New images available in download section for direct download and in Advanced Commands for live reflash.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
Hi all ,

can someone help me how to activate on 1080Ti 5500 Mhz by default because they start at 5000Mhz.

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards

OK, please write to me at [email protected] and let me know your rig name
I will check it.

Email sent.

Ty
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hi all ,

can someone help me how to activate on 1080Ti 5500 Mhz by default because they start at 5000Mhz.

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards

OK, please write to me at [email protected] and let me know your rig name
I will check it.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
Hi all ,

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Update v1286
- NEW added ability to run miner as ROOT which is applicable on some additional parameters in few miners that need ROOT access to change timings
- NEW added ability to set MVDDCI (memory voltage controller works only on NAVI - RX5700 series and can save another 2-6 watt per GPU ) This is not for old RX570 !
- added MVDD and MVDDCI tooltips which will help you understand both parameters
Xtreme Monster
Miner starts in /root/miner/* and this directory is in RAM so it is deleted.

/home/miner/* is on disk and it is not beeing deleted.

Usualy you should have in last crash all info you need to solve your problem. Best is to enter our discord and just copy paste those informations or write to [email protected] (me) and tell me details about your account and rig name.

Okay, thank you.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
You need to use /home/miner/
Tongue
The /root/miner will be removed as it is in RAM.

/home/miner/ files are also deleted upon return from the crash too, that config.json file is downloaded everytime the rig connects to simpleminer right? so reason that file is always there, upon restart that file is also deleted, maybe it is not deleted, it is stored in the ram instead of the ssd but it does appear on winscp. So these files you see on winscp they are actually stored in the ram, not in the ssd? I'm kind confused here.

Miner starts in /root/miner/* and this directory is in RAM so it is deleted.

/home/miner/* is on disk and it is not beeing deleted.

Usualy you should have in last crash all info you need to solve your problem. Best is to enter our discord and just copy paste those informations or write to [email protected] (me) and tell me details about your account and rig name.
Xtreme Monster
Tongue

/home/miner/ files are also deleted upon return from the crash too, that config.json file is downloaded everytime the rig connects to simpleminer right? so reason that file is always there, upon restart that file is also deleted, maybe it is not deleted, it is stored in the ram instead of the ssd but it does appear on winscp. So these files you see on winscp they are actually stored in the ram, not in the ssd? I'm kind confused here.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
/root/miner is not preserved directory (this is where miner starts).

But /home/miner is located on disk so you can specify logs to write there and they will be preserved.

We do not want to have any logs due to usb drives longer life.

Thanks, I will try /root/miner.

Update, I tried the above and the folder miner in the root folder is a simbolic/shortcut link, so it did not work, next I tried /root/miner_org and yes it saves there but upon its return from a crash the log is always 0 kbytes, the log contents are deleted, is there a way a log will remain in that folder or any other folder longer, I mean, for at least 2 restarts or crashes? the log if not set always stays in the miner's folder for example /vat/tmp/miner/phoenixminer-v5.1c but like before the same thing happens, the log or its content is always deleted upon returning from a crash or restart.

Tongue
Xtreme Monster

But /home/miner is located on disk so you can specify logs to write there and they will be preserved.

Thanks, I will try /root/miner.

Update, I tried the above and the folder miner in the root folder is a simbolic/shortcut link, so it did not work, next I tried /root/miner_org and yes it saves there but upon its return from a crash the log is always 0 kbytes, the log contents are deleted, is there a way a log will remain in that folder or any other folder longer, I mean, for at least 2 restarts or crashes? the log if not set always stays in the miner's folder for example /vat/tmp/miner/phoenixminer-v5.1c but like before the same thing happens, the log or its content is always deleted upon returning from a crash or restart.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Xtreme Monster
You can specify different logs directory in miner like  claymore or phoenix.
You should choose path: /home/miner/

I did that but the log is deleted upon return from the crash. Actually everything is deleted if is in that folder or any other folder, gpu bios, logs etc.., Is that a normal behaviour? I mean, a log should remain there for at least 1 or 2 more restarts, rarely but it happened twice, the crash screen didn't get the error.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Hey, sorry I feel like this has been answered, but can we set one rig to two different groups/algos?  I'm still trying to arrive at my strategy going forward.
No, you can specify one group (so one miner progrm + options). It makes no sense to mining at the same time two different alghos.

Is there a place/directory/folder where logs are not deleted upon restart of a miner on SMOS?
You can specify different logs directory in miner like  claymore or phoenix.
You should choose path: /home/miner/
Xtreme Monster
Is there a place/directory/folder where logs are not deleted upon restart of a miner on SMOS?
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
Hey, sorry I feel like this has been answered, but can we set one rig to two different groups/algos?  I'm still trying to arrive at my strategy going forward.
Pages:
Jump to: