Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 46. (Read 835515 times)

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Thank you for letting me know, will do, I had forgot about teamredminer Smiley
Please let me know what are your results.
Aslo do not watch the hashrate as teamred miner does not add fake hashrate Smiley (you can compare it on pool side)
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I conducted many tests on SMOS about the dag just now and what I can say is that 4gb gpus on my tests are good up to dag 378 on Claymore and up to dag 381 on Phoenix Miner. SMOS image I'm using is the 1284 version, wifi version, so I'm not sure if you can go further on dag number on other SMOS versions. Amazing, it could go as far as dag 381, very impressive.
Test also teamredminer it should work with 2-3 epoch longer Smiley Or even more ...

Thank you for letting me know, will do, I had forgot about teamredminer Smiley
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I conducted many tests on SMOS about the dag just now and what I can say is that 4gb gpus on my tests are good up to dag 378 on Claymore and up to dag 381 on Phoenix Miner. SMOS image I'm using is the 1284 version, wifi version, so I'm not sure if you can go further on dag number on other SMOS versions. Amazing, it could go as far as dag 381, very impressive.
Test also teamredminer it should work with 2-3 epoch longer Smiley Or even more ...
Xtreme Monster
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
i just want to confirm if you support CPU mining or not.  I didn't see it in the original post.  I would try this, but i have a lot of 3rd gen ryzens that would go to waste if i couldn't mine with them.
No, i do not support CPU mining. We only support GPU mining for nvidia and amd.

Cpu mining does not make any sense. Generates more heat and it is not profitable to do that.
Also it might cause some unstability for GPU mining so we do not want this and we do not recommend it.
Even if you would be mining with CPU and it would be "profitable" - you could earn like pennies. Its not worth it.
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
Miners update:
- nanominer-v1.10.1 (Nvidia KawPoW (Ravencoin) improvements: better hashrate, less memory consumption)
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
i just want to confirm if you support CPU mining or not.  I didn't see it in the original post.  I would try this, but i have a lot of 3rd gen ryzens that would go to waste if i couldn't mine with them.
Xtreme Monster
WiFi Tests on the SMOS release version 1284 have been pretty good so far. No issues at all, very simple and easy to set. Here is the wireless device I used https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/usb-adapter/tl-wn722n/. Thanks very much tytanick for the opportunity to test it.
Miners update:
- lolminer-v1.07 (Added support for Cuckoo 29 (Aeternity) on 6G+ cards. Added support for Cuckaro 29-48 (Italocoin fork ) on 6G+ cards. Minor cosmetic fixes)
Miners update:
- xmrig-v6.3.2 (More robust 1 GB pages handling. Don't allocate 1 GB per thread if 1 GB is the default huge page size. Try to allocate scratchpad from dataset's 1 GB huge pages, if normal huge pages are not available. Correctly initialize RandomX cache if 1 GB pages fail to allocate on a first NUMA node. Fixed broken RandomX - regression since xmrig-cuda plugin v6.2.1)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
So do not worry, we are updating miners every day.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Pls update T-Rex, thanks.
t-rex has released yesterday new version 0.16.1, but is seems to crash every time I run this version. May take more time until we released this version (more tests) or will request an error issue to authors. Please be pacient. Still not stable. Issue opened on their github site. waiting for answer.
Activity: 438
Merit: 27
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Using phoenixminer-v5.1c , +50/+1000/115

It start to mine at 185MHS / 30+ MHS per card and then they drop to 28-27MHS , seems a lil low for a 1070 , any idea ?

Actualy it is not low.
you can write in options (only this:)
-benchmark 100
-benchmark 360
And see what is the difference.
Well Nvidia GPUs degrade in hashrate in ethash alghoritm !
I wrote to nvidia many emails about that problem but they do not give a F.

Previously 110watt was hashing 30-31MH/s
Now 135watt does not reach 28MH/s

So you can set higher wattage limit and beside there is no solution.
Most probably they do not want to make driver fix or their cards are bad compared to AMD which released dag fix patch for performance degradation for memory fragmentation problem.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
https://i.imgur.com/nPHVKCt.png

Using phoenixminer-v5.1c , +50/+1000/115

It start to mine at 185MHS / 30+ MHS per card and then they drop to 28-27MHS , seems a lil low for a 1070 , any idea ?
Xtreme Monster
Thanks, I will send you an email. As far as I know, what happens in Windows 10 is that as soon as Windows recognizes there is a known wifi signal, it will connect to it. The first setup is important. In Windows when there is a total power failure and then it returns, the wifi is always accessible. Yeah, is not straight recognizable like LAN, will usually take few seconds every time the computer is restarted.
Linux is TOTALLY different + we have many scripts that do all kind of stuff. So we just need to test if nothing fails Smiley
OK waiting for email.

Yea, totally, email sent.
Update v1284:
- Improved sending rig data to server during startup phase.
- Improved time and date synchronization.
- Making sure during startup that all AMD GPU cards are initialized during startup before first running miner.
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Thanks, I will send you an email. As far as I know, what happens in Windows 10 is that as soon as Windows recognizes there is a known wifi signal, it will connect to it. The first setup is important. In Windows when there is a total power failure and then it returns, the wifi is always accessible. Yeah, is not straight recognizable like LAN, will usually take few seconds every time the computer is restarted.
Linux is TOTALLY different + we have many scripts that do all kind of stuff. So we just need to test if nothing fails Smiley
OK waiting for email.
Xtreme Monster
Recently i am using Tp-Link Deco as mesh wifi and i must say that those wifi are pretty stable and they actually work pretty well with seamless roaming around whole house.
I previously tested also Velop and Netgear Orbi which are just massacre ....
TP-link Deco AC2200 is super stable and very fast but it has one problem (ping spikes) which are not good for gaming, Beside that i recommend them Smiley
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201302 (spikes problem - ONLY one problem while other Mesh wifi had like TON of them Cheesy)
Maybe those new deco AX standard will be even better.

These spikes rarely happen if the wifi network is well set with a good router, I mean, one should always check how the connection between the computer host is with the router, the better Signal Strength (dBm), less likely these spikes will happen.

If you want to test our WiFi support, please email me at [email protected] - i will send you soon image for tests.
We need to do few more tests like what happen if rig boots when wifi is not yet acessible (after power failure), or when wifi will lose signal and then comes back.
Also we need to add feature so that those settings of wifi SSID and password will be preserved after doing reflash image Action from dashboard.

legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Thanks, I'm just waiting for that, wifi is good and bad for various reasons, I know a friend that fried his PC because his lte router was struck by lightning, his lte router was connected directly to his computer via ethernet, yeah is rare but it happens in some parts of the world where lightning is constant, if you know how to do it properly, wifi is good, just make sure there are no more than 8 computers in your wifi network and where you live there are not many 2.4ghz radio connections, and you should be fine.
Recently i am using Tp-Link Deco as mesh wifi and i must say that those wifi are pretty stable and they actually work pretty well with seamless roaming around whole house.
I previously tested also Velop and Netgear Orbi which are just massacre ....
TP-link Deco AC2200 is super stable and very fast but it has one problem (ping spikes) which are not good for gaming, Beside that i recommend them Smiley
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201302 (spikes problem - ONLY one problem while other Mesh wifi had like TON of them Cheesy)
Maybe those new deco AX standard will be even better.
If you want to test our WiFi support, please email me at [email protected] - i will send you soon image for tests.
We need to do few more tests like what happen if rig boots when wifi is not yet acessible (after power failure), or when wifi will lose signal and then comes back.
Also we need to add feature so that those settings of wifi SSID and password will be preserved after doing reflash image Action from dashboard.
Pages:
Jump to: