Pages:
Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 42. (Read 835515 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 10
I have 2 cards nvidia 1660 super and amd 5700xt. With this OS can I undervolt and change settings to mine? AMD has stock bios.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
As of tonight, 8GB gpu rig started failing with DAG size issues on Claymore v15 on ETC hashing, as seen on Claymore thread, plenty of others noticed that. Any ideas?
Switch to teamredminer or phoenixminer and mine ETH. That will help.
ETC has bigger dag and claymore did not made any fix for increased dag.
All working fine, as i informed my clients month ago to switch to one of those miners. I do not see any drop in stats.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
As of tonight, 8GB gpu rig started failing with DAG size issues on Claymore v15 on ETC hashing, as seen on Claymore thread, plenty of others noticed that. Any ideas?
Activity: 690
Merit: 12
Miners update:
- gminer-v2.26 (Fixed performance regression on Aeternity, BitTube, Swap)
- nanominer-v1.11.0 (Removed dev fee for RandomHash2. Added countDevShares option to control if dev reward shares are reflected in miner statistics or not)
- wildrig-multi-v0.27.6 (Fixed issue with getting banned while mining veriblock on official node (possible with other progpow pools too). Tuned a bit minotaur for nvidia)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
Personally....number of invalid shares will be perfect. Not as "%"  . Would be better to count invalid shares.
This will be very good for too many rig owners. Sometimes when things go wrong on workers, we'll be able to see this early.
OK, will do that and graphing number of shares accepted nad invalid per gpu and per whole rig but that in new dashboard after we will do few other things.
Thanks for suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics

Dear DEV..

You can consider adding the number of "total" valid / invalid / stale shares counter to dashboard.
OK i will think how to implement this. Do You actually need valid shares or maybe % of invalid shares is all we ACTUALLY need ?

Personally....number of invalid shares will be perfect. Not as "%"  . Would be better to count invalid shares.

This will be very good for too many rig owners. Sometimes when things go wrong on workers, we'll be able to see this early.

Thank you
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin

Dear DEV..

You can consider adding the number of "total" valid / invalid / stale shares counter to dashboard.
OK i will think how to implement this. Do You actually need valid shares or maybe % of invalid shares is all we ACTUALLY need ?
Miners update:
- nbminer-nebutech-v32.0 (New algo beamv3 for mining BEAM with Nvidia 3GB+ GPUs. Cuckatoo32 add support for Nvidia 6GB GPU. Optimize ethash for AMD RX 4xx, 5xx, Vega series 8GB+ GPUs. Ethash support mining up to epoch 800)
Miners update:
- gminer-v2.25 (Fixed ProgPoW/KAWPOW compatibility with RTX3XXX)
- wildrig-multi-v0.27.5 (Fixed crash of some algos on nvidia. Further fixes to minotaur on nvidia)
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1112
LLP Programming & Electronics

Dear DEV..

Miners update:
- wildrig-multi-v0.27.4 (Fixed incorrect work and high CPU load of x11k, minotaur and some other similar algorithms for nvidia. Fixed --watchdog for nvidia - now miner will close correctly)
Miners update:
- teamredminer-v0.7.11 (Ethash additions: printing share diff in GH, hashrate watchdog --eth_hashwatch. Better debug support: --long_timestamps, --pool_debug. Certain motherboard/bios combinations that due to kernel and/or driver bugs have issues with the first or last gpu in rigs - if you see excessive hw errors reported on a single gpu, and switching around gpus still always generates errors in the first or last gpu, try using --eth_dag_alloc_patch)
Miners update:
- gminer-v2.24 (Added support for RTX3XXX. Removed BBC and Qitmeer algos)
- t-rex-v0.17.3 (Ethash optimisations (1-2% on some cards, see --kernel). Add x33 algorithm for Qureno)
legendary
Simplemining.net Admin
I have two questions about this mining OS.

1. Is this simple mining OS available for Linux?
2. Can 4GB graphics cards works on this mining OS? Like AMD RX 470, 480, 570 and 580 with only 4gig Memory

1. SimpleMining OS is based on linux ubuntu. So it is linux.
2. Well depends what do uou mean. 4GB cards work longer in here than in linux[fixed typo] windows when we talk about ethereum mining.
Activity: 375
Merit: 15
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
I have two questions about this mining OS.

1. Is this simple mining OS available for Linux?
2. Can 4GB graphics cards works on this mining OS? Like AMD RX 470, 480, 570 and 580 with only 4gig Memory
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
when I get a chance I will drive up to gear pull that card and re paste it. maybe that will fix it.

doesn't void the warranty if you do that?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
is it possible to adjust the fan speed for one of the cards in the rig via the web gui?  if not the web gui, is there a shell command I could apply?  I would like to put the fan at 100%
No there isnt. Target temperature is doing it automatically. What is your case and why you need it to make one at 100% ? What is your goal ?

I had one card that was hotter then the others and I noticed it as losing some hashrate as a result.  Fan was at 80% so I thought it I bumped it up to 100, that could help.

I ended up doing something different however.  I turned off the rig, spaced out the GPUs better and how my temp is under control.  no need to adjust fan Smiley

You can also lower both core and memory on that card if it overheats.

I have 1 5700 xt. that is always downclocking itself

so I altered core from 1300 to 975
and I altered mem from 900 to 800

it now does 46mh

vs the 50 it should do

but the other way it was down clocking to 31-35mh

when I get a chance I will drive up to gear pull that card and re paste it. maybe that will fix it.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
is it possible to adjust the fan speed for one of the cards in the rig via the web gui?  if not the web gui, is there a shell command I could apply?  I would like to put the fan at 100%
No there isnt. Target temperature is doing it automatically. What is your case and why you need it to make one at 100% ? What is your goal ?

I had one card that was hotter then the others and I noticed it as losing some hashrate as a result.  Fan was at 80% so I thought it I bumped it up to 100, that could help.

I ended up doing something different however.  I turned off the rig, spaced out the GPUs better and how my temp is under control.  no need to adjust fan Smiley
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
Hi tytanick,

Below is the response from Engineering team -

We’ve confirmed that the performance drop is due to the size of the DAG exceeding the total on-chip TLB capacity on the Pascal GPU. As a result, there is an increased number of TLB misses, which affects performance. Because the TLB is a fixed capacity hardware resource, and the ETH algorithm accesses the DAG randomly, we don’t believe there are any software optimizations that could reduce the TLB miss rate.

In the Volta generation, TLB coverage was increased by 4x, and large DAG sizes (up to ~8GB, which won’t be reached for many years) will still fit in the on-chip TLB. So these newer GPUs (Volta and beyond) will show much less performance sensitivity due to DAG size.

Ty for sharing this. Nice insight.
Miners update:
- wildrig-multi (Beta release. Fixed RTX 3080/3090 support. Fixed --ptx-version parameter. Implemented x33)
Pages:
Jump to: