Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 459. (Read 835481 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Hello Tytanik,

will you add per rig-miner different settings. Example if I have 3 rigs to be able to set different settings for every rig 1st rig dual second single.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I'm getting very inconsistent hashrates in smos using any version of claymore for eth. It jumps from 19 to 29.5 mh/s on my MSI Armor 570s. This results in an average of about 23mh.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there a way to use sgminer for eth only in smos?
Activity: 873
Merit: 268
Tytanik when are you starting payperiod? So I can deposit in my account.

Also any opportunity to pay/buy LifeTime License? per Rig?
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
I installed it but for some reason my miners never showed up, it kept truncating the .com of my email. I tried to manually edit the config file while the OS was running but it still wouldn't detect the email properly.

Couple tips for you Tytanick:

#1 You need to lock down the OS more - Anyone can 'ctrl-c' out of the miner, 'sudo su' to gain root privileges and then edit whatever they'd like.

#2 bash_history isn't cleared for both the mining user and root user - Should do 'history -c' at the end of your install scripts as it's common practice, just to be safe.

#3 It's too easy to gain root privileges - You should set a random root password and disallow the jailed user from obtaining root, or just disallow root entirely, I see it as a security risk.

Overall though I really appreciate all the time you're putting into helping the community, really looking forward to the progress!

As much as I understand the reason behind your indeed very contstructive criticism, I don't think I (or many others) would ever install a Linux distro that I have no control of or jailed as you said. Even if it is all great and legit, these things just stink from a mile. Being subscription based, that would make SMOS an even worse and more limited Win10. Just my two cents.
Activity: 48
Hi i have rigs with rx 470 sapphire reference cards. I like the software but....
On windowss i get 26,5 MH/s while with simple miner they do only 16 mh/s

How to make them work on simpleminer?
Activity: 15
Still  having problem with core clock sticking a 751 ONLY when dual mining (tried DCR and SIA - it does the same thing)  Doesn't matter when I set clock to in oc tool, it goes back to 751.  Other rig works fine, decent hash for non flashed cards.  Any input welcome (posted a few pages back)
Activity: 70
I installed it but for some reason my miners never showed up, it kept truncating the .com of my email. I tried to manually edit the config file while the OS was running but it still wouldn't detect the email properly.

Couple tips for you Tytanick:

#1 You need to lock down the OS more - Anyone can 'ctrl-c' out of the miner, 'sudo su' to gain root privileges and then edit whatever they'd like.

#2 bash_history isn't cleared for both the mining user and root user - Should do 'history -c' at the end of your install scripts as it's common practice, just to be safe.

#3 It's too easy to gain root privileges - You should set a random root password and disallow the jailed user from obtaining root, or just disallow root entirely, I see it as a security risk.

Overall though I really appreciate all the time you're putting into helping the community, really looking forward to the progress!
Activity: 53
Tytanick,

I just completed a $20 deposit of ETH, and the process was as smooth as silk.
Activity: 31
Hi all. Guys how i can Off LED on all card. Help plz. I Have 6xAsus RX 580 Strix OC.

It can be done in windows and it'll move over to smOS
The settings are saved on the card
That's how I did it anyways.

With Xtreme Gaming Engine?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hi all. Guys how i can Off LED on all card. Help plz. I Have 6xAsus RX 580 Strix OC.

It can be done in windows and it'll move over to smOS
The settings are saved on the card
That's how I did it anyways.
Activity: 31
Activity: 29
Activity: 10
He re-upp'd them here: https://simplemining.net/download/

Awesome thanks!

I saw earlier you were not satisfied with the memory on your Asus(?) cards. If you're looking for any more, I'm having great results from my MSI Armor 570s. All of them so far have Hynix and can hash at 30mh/s.
Undecided those are nice rates - problem is my local Microcenter is sold out of all AMD cards and I had to buy what was available.

I've actually been tinkering with my settings, and have slowly been lowering the powerstage and raising memclocks.   All 6 of my 4GB Asus STRIX 470s say they have Hynix ram, but 5/6 of them are doing great (1970 mem) and one isnt as good (1920 mem).    So more speed and less watts overall.    Will try lowering the powerstage more later, but nice to see they can keep it going at lower powerstages.

Nice results on the 570s.  I'd love to get 30MH.  I'm stuck just under 28 myself.  What did you do to those MSIs to get 30MH? Are they 8GB or 4GB models?  Can't say I can complain about the ASUS cards too much since they were $120 each after rebate at microcenter.
Activity: 112
Mining Eth + Siacoin on SMOS with 2 RX480s 8GB (overclocked), how many shares should I be looking at per hour (getting about 56-57mhs)

Don't count shares, just look at the pool's display of stats. Shares depend on not only the pool you're using, but also the vardiff settings on that pool - it's pretty much a useless metric.

But if my calc hash rate is half of the sent hash rate I'd be earning half of what I should be correct?
Activity: 112
Mining Eth + Siacoin on SMOS with 2 RX480s 8GB (overclocked), how many shares should I be looking at per hour (getting about 56-57mhs)
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
can someone please give me a miningpoolhub example (what batch file should read/text on configuring)?

if you meant multi algo switching at miningpoolhub -- answer is you cant do it with smos.

otherwise see willi's example below
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
can you share some pictures from your miner with the pci-e splitter?
Are the splitter supported from the smOS or must you make some configs?

no special configs.

i run a 7 x R9 Nano with H81 mobo and PCI splitter

smos sees 7 GPUs

cant see 8 maybe H81 limitation
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
can you share some pictures from your miner with the pci-e splitter?
Are the splitter supported from the smOS or must you make some configs?
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
can someone please give me a miningpoolhub example (what batch file should read/text on configuring)?

I use clayemore 9.3 and with this config it works fine
Code:
-epool europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal willi9974.rx470 -eworker willi9974.rx470 -esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1

Jump to: