Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 469. (Read 835472 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Heya.   Been using your OS on a 6 GPU rig now for a while and it works great.   I tried to move an older 4 GPU rig over from Win 7 to SMoS, but GPU4 always goes to 0MH within a couple of minutes starting out.    Not sure if it is the motherboard or what, but I don't have any issues with it under windows at all.

My primary rig is was all at 1150/1940 for a while, and I've been slowly increasing memory clocks while testing stability with no problems.   But I'm using a PRO BTC board there.   I really liked your OS, so I tried to switch over my older rig also but had problems.

On my older Rig, I am using a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board, with 4 powered risers and 4 RX470s.    In windows, I run 2 cards at 1100/1920 and 2 at 1100/1950, both with -20mV under Trixx.    In SMoS, it won't set it to 1100 for the core properly, and I tried it on powerstages 5 and 6 but card 4 kept having problems.   I tried it at 1150 too, but no matter what I did, GPU4 kept going to 0MH no matter what I did with it.

All cards in both systems are ASUS STRIX RX 470 4GB cards.
Activity: 26
Tytanik,

I've switched back to sgminer-gm version 5.5.5-gm-a that supports the ethash-new.cl kernel by pushing them manually to all of my systems. Can I provide you the updated version of Sgminer and the kernel so that your next release doesn't overwrite them or could you refresh the compile on your side please?

Thank you!
Activity: 6
Hi guys, probably n00b question (i´m not linux admin):

I would like to set-up remote access to my rig using SSH+OpenVPN. But what if i restrict access to rig only from OpenVPN connected computers? Will the SMOS dashboard work with no problems? Or will I have to allow access for some SMOS servers?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
@tytanick, I have been getting a small amount of reboots on a couple of my rigs, maybe 2 or 3 reboots a day.  My rigs come back up fine after about 30 secs but is there a specific log I can look at to determine why this is happening? 
Activity: 129
there is any folder to check claymore's logs ? just to understand if there is some gpu with incorrenct share to underclock it.
Activity: 2
Hi tytanik

First run with new image works perfect but after reboot the my system hangs. Do i need to change something on the mobo.
If i use F9 to choose boot drive it also work.
Please help.

Activity: 5
Hey tytanik,

can you go a bit deeper on what we can expect in terms of functionality with the grouped rigs ? Does that mean that we will be able to set different rigs in different miners with different oc settings and so on ?

Thanks
Activity: 24
anyone else experimenting this screen during first boot with a pen drive ?

http://imgur.com/a/wi8Jc

then nothing.

thought ?

Turn off 4g decoding in bios.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
anyone else experimenting this screen during first boot with a pen drive ?

http://imgur.com/a/wi8Jc

then nothing.

thought ?
Activity: 6
Hi tytanick, just short info:

My problem looks like HW problem (motherboard), so instability is not caused by powerstage settings.

Thank you for your time.

Btw. if you need some help with UI/dashboard coding, i can give you some time;)

Hi guys, please can you explain:

1. How Overclocking > Powerstage settings works?
2. What's the default value?
2. Is there possibility to disable this function (if i understand, i can modify voltage control directly in bios)?

My system is unstable even with default settings a i can't figure out where is the problem (i suspect it may be Powerstage settings).

I use Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 gpu's.

Thank you.
There are two overclocking scripts in RX OS. You can try using old one where Powerstage isnt touched.

Old RX OS script:
Try writing in core: 6
memory: 0
Powerstage: 7 (it will be ignored anyways)

If the first script was stable try those values:

New RX OS script:
core: 1000
memory: 1800
powerstage 6 or 7

Anyway i think that my OC script isnt causing your issue but let me know if this will fix your problem !
There are sooooo many possible problems in crypto mining that i can count Smiley

Most common unstability problems:
-Bad riser
-too much OC
-too much undervolting
-wrong timings
-motherboard bios settings problems / firmware problem
-motherboard hardware problem
-PSU problem
-bad eletricity
-bad weather
-bad air
-bad pidgeon shitting on roof or your car
-accually everything.

I had so many problems, that are unlogical !
Even unplugging everything and plugging back on can solve problem Cheesy or not.

legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hello tytanick, i am mining ETH/DCR.... i am trying your software today and i have a question for you... why could be the reason that Ethermine report this stats?:

Reported Hashrate: 115.1 Mh/s . - . Current Hashrate 91.4 Mh/s... it is almost 24 Mh/s ... meanwhile the others rigs with direct mining the different is 5-7 Mh/s

thanks

J

I think the question is for pool operators and claymore. I am just putting miner programs available in net into my SMOS Smiley
Meaby i dont understand what you asking also
Activity: 22
Hello tytanick, i am mining ETH/DCR.... i am trying your software today and i have a question for you... why could be the reason that Ethermine report this stats?:

Reported Hashrate: 115.1 Mh/s . - . Current Hashrate 91.4 Mh/s... it is almost 24 Mh/s ... meanwhile the others rigs with direct mining the different is 5-7 Mh/s

thanks

J
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
Hey tytanick, could you add an option to "pause" mining to a dashboard? It would help with troubleshooting. My 2 rigs are working fine, but the third one shuts itself down after 6-7 minutes and all of them have the same hardware configuration.

So just a "disable" option for a certain rig, so if it boots up and stays alive without mining, it's probably GPU related problem.
In future in rig grouping there will be possibility to do those things.

Using RX470.
With mod bios,power draw dose not change.
even try core 930mv,900mv
nothing changed.
please help
thanks
undervolting in linux works only with custom bios with offset.

About this device for fan controlling, sorry, it wont be welcomed by market.
Mining rigs should be in openframe + if you have too much heat just fan blowers to maximum and thats it.
Nobody cares about fan adjusting speed - it makes no sens, better to set on maximum.
Anyway i cant do this device for you.

Activity: 1
Using RX470.
With mod bios,power draw dose not change.
even try core 930mv,900mv
nothing changed.
please help
thanks
Activity: 322
Guys, please do some more tests of new dashboard:
https://beta.simplemining.net
Tell me if all buttons works and all things works also Smiley
If not, please send me an email to [email protected]
Subject: BETA Dashboard problem

Miner selection list will be reorganized, now it looks like crap - i know this Smiley

Hello again.

Should we wait for you to implement individual GPU clock settings?
I can modify the scripts but as you said, I do not want to modify anything.

Hello tytanick!

I look at the SRR device. it's a nice device to have with the rig.
I have some suggestions for it too.
you made a good resetting device. can you put some fan controlling circuit on it too?
The fans on the GPU's are controlled by software and its ok. But the fans on the rig ara not controlled. Not all the mainboards have fan outputs that can be controlled by software in linux. I need to control the fans of my rig so they do not run fast and noisy when it's not needed.

Maybe you'll make a seperate device named like "Mining Rig Fan Controller". connect it to usb and connect the power from PSU and connect the fans to fan headers on the device and set some parameters on a software that control the device and if there are no signal from software the device runs the fans with the last settings.
Hi, I would need to have 100+ pre orders to do such device and i dont know anybody who would need it Cheesy
What case do you see here - when software (some of the gpus will hang and stop adjusting fan speed on themselves ?)
I guess then the software should react and reboot the rig or something.
I guess there would be totally no demand for such device. Or am i wrong ?

I can not guarrantie you 100 preorders. Smiley

I was not talking about the fans on gpu. We can adjust them from the web and its ok.

I was talking about the case fans on the rig.
I have two 12cm fans blowing air to the GPU's and I need a way for the to autoadjust too. if the temps low, they need to run low to make less noise and when the pemps getting higher they start to run faster.
in the daytime, its hot and fans running fast and making a little bit noise is not a big problem with all the daytime city noise outside. in the night, its cool enough to turn the fans slower so they do not make too much noise.
Is not that a good use case?

And sorry, I forgot to thank you for your work. it's good, I am just trying to add ideas to improve the usage.

And another question? I tried to enter the beta site but it asked me to request secure link by email. is it ok? do I lose my previous link?

Somebody try to flash from ubuntu live or other linux ? Cause atm we need always a windows installation with another drive to flash smos on ssd.

I had to install a windows just for flashing smos.
Windows is too hard for me. it took one day just to install windows.
And installing linux with all the tools I need takes only half an hour with online updates.

We need an image to write from linux.
Activity: 48
Lol
I tested Z270-A PRO MSI and i had up and running 6 gpus.
Now i can run only 5 Tongue I messed with options.
Anybody have this motherboard and can tell what did you changed to work 6 gpus ? Cheesy

Enable 4G Decoding & set PCIe to x1  Wink
[/quote]

SO what else did you change in motherboard bios exactly? I have one with only 3 gpu showing up and windows works for maximum 15 minutes and freezes. Even with simple miner i have no luck for it to work.
Activity: 53
Hey tytanick, could you add an option to "pause" mining to a dashboard? It would help with troubleshooting. My 2 rigs are working fine, but the third one shuts itself down after 6-7 minutes and all of them have the same hardware configuration.

So just a "disable" option for a certain rig, so if it boots up and stays alive without mining, it's probably GPU related problem.
Activity: 129
Somebody try to flash from ubuntu live or other linux ? Cause atm we need always a windows installation with another drive to flash smos on ssd.
Jump to: