Pages:
Author

Topic: Monero Support - page 36. (Read 82975 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 29, 2014, 08:41:39 AM
^Backup your wallet (the .keys file). Delete the .bin file (not the .keys) and open your wallet as usual (with the .bin name you just deleted). The .bin file will be recreated based on the .keys file. If you forgot your password it's just you who could help to yourself by remembering it.

i have done as you said, and i entered the correct password and still says invalid password... i was on the previous cryptonote wallet ...isit possible the wallet changed my password??

i have not changed my password since the last wallet was available... so i dont understand why my password is invalid now? am i missing something or what??

thanks alot
June 29, 2014, 07:59:29 AM
^Backup your wallet (the .keys file). Delete the .bin file (not the .keys) and open your wallet as usual (with the .bin name you just deleted). The .bin file will be recreated based on the .keys file. If you forgot your password it's just you who could help to yourself by remembering it.

i have had password saved so i couldnt possibly forget

thanks will try your method and get back to you

much appreciated
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
June 29, 2014, 07:52:32 AM
June 29, 2014, 07:38:34 AM
hello

I downloaded XMR wallet when monero first came out....... it was only yesterday i decided to update the new wallet and purchase more, however when i updated the new XMR wallet and typed in the name of my wallet it said the password was invalid...

its the exact same password as previous wallet... so what can i do to fix this or restore my old wallet with the new updates?

ive tried followin the getting started sections and no help its still says invalid password

i would appreciate all your help
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 28, 2014, 08:59:17 AM
I'm trying to sync the blockchain but it gets stuck, I've downloaded a fresh chain. It just says constantly that Sync data returned unknown top block. If I can't sync the blockchain, am I able to send money with my wallet? I tried to send some, it says money successfully sent, but I have never received it on an exchange. I've used Payment id.

EDIT: I've redownloaded a fresh copy of the blockchain and my transaction has never gone through. How can I send monero with my client behind firewall? I can't open ports
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
June 25, 2014, 01:17:22 PM
Thank you, helped a lot Smiley
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
June 24, 2014, 07:16:55 PM
Noob question: Where to find payment id?
Is there a way to copy / paste adresses?

you need to type in the payment id only when you are transfering moneros to an exchange like poloniex mintpal or bittrex, you will find the payment id there.

copy and paste is possible, look at the picture:
https://monerotalk.s3.amazonaws.com/612c70dcbbdefd5401eec239d70de30dc56f214f7b.png
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
June 24, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
Noob question: Where to find payment id?
Is there a way to copy / paste adresses?
Activity: 4
June 23, 2014, 12:23:22 PM
2014-Jun-22 19:46:02.508987 Money successfully sent, transaction <77c369356c2333e82a56952a6aaac4ed2acfb52814c273eccd25db2c27d008c0>
This transaction can't find on blockchain.
I want to retransfer Deposit fail coin.But it show a error .How to fix it?
error message:
Refresh done, blocks received: 3221
balance: 4.782681476950, unlocked balance: 4.782681476950
Use "help" command to see the list of available commands.
[wallet 42Q3C3]: transfer 0 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noX
mi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGRoyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB 4 d8fd1d5f8051fdf4228f20f1230cda5a76
ae741201fd7a34508c2d97411964b7
Error: transaction f9a4> was rejected by daemon with status "Failed"
[wallet 42Q3C3]:
Activity: 258
You can trust me, I have an avatar
June 20, 2014, 07:06:23 AM
I've been mining and using monero and aeon (another cryptonote coin) no problem, but yesterday my ISP throttled my download speed to around 20 KB/sec and now it seems I can't sync Monero or Aeon blockchain. They seem to be syncing same as usual, but the blocks left keeps increasing slowly, instead of decreasing.

Is that to be expected with a slow connection like this?

I just started using moneta verde and that managed to sync ok, since it's so young I assume?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
June 19, 2014, 03:50:00 PM

Sorry if this is covered somewhere (haven't read much)...  but is there any way to unlock balances?

thnx   Smiley

Yes! Patience! You just have to wait and it will unlock itself. An unlock balance equals unspendable coins.
Activity: 2
June 18, 2014, 04:36:16 PM
Found it, backed it up. It was in the home folder, odd that some were generated in the src folder. Something I did I guess, oh well. Thanks for the help. Since the new ones where generated in the /bitmonero/build/release/src/ where simplewallet is, I assumed that's where they belonged, moved the wallet over there and it said new wallet generated, went back to the home folder, and there was the new one. Copied the original back to home, and all better.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 18, 2014, 02:41:50 AM
I cant seem to open my wallet in simplewallet, the name I use must be incorrect, but I see no file in the build/release/src folder that matches the address of my original wallet, as shown in the simplewallet log. When attempting to open said wallet, it just generates a new one, which would be fine, but I had some coin in the original one. Any way to recover the wallet name? on Ubuntu 14.04

If you don't see a .bin.keys file with the name of your wallet, then it somehow got deleted. This can't be recovered, just like if you lost wallet.dat in Bitcoin.

In the future, always back up the .bin.keys file somewhere safe right away after creating the wallet.
Activity: 2
June 17, 2014, 10:53:17 AM
I cant seem to open my wallet in simplewallet, the name I use must be incorrect, but I see no file in the build/release/src folder that matches the address of my original wallet, as shown in the simplewallet log. When attempting to open said wallet, it just generates a new one, which would be fine, but I had some coin in the original one. Any way to recover the wallet name? on Ubuntu 14.04
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
June 17, 2014, 05:48:49 AM
That's a great support site!

After i read the post, i've changed my pool, now i'm mining on a small one, but i don't see my
hashrate and nothing i'm only getting this in my miner:

Code:
Stratum detected new block
Stratum connection timed out
Stratum connection interrupted

What am i dooing wrong?
Should i change again to the bigger pool?

which pool...

This is the pool

http://mro.poolto.be/

well send the pool owner an email but this pools is so small anyway that is not going to mine anything soon

i know now what the problem was, i've downloaded the latest version of wolf miner and after that it didn't work,
now i'm mining on the older version again and it works fine without any errors.

Currently i'm mining on http://xmr.hashinvest.net
it's a good miningpool for me
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
June 17, 2014, 05:22:08 AM

After i read the post, i've changed my pool, now i'm mining on a small one, but i don't see my

Code:

What am i dooing wrong?

which pool...

This is the pool

http://mro.poolto.be/

well send the pool owner an email but this pools is so small anyway that is not going to mine anything soon
Activity: 1
June 16, 2014, 10:53:56 PM
Just wondering, its all fine to delete the bitmonerod.log & simplewallet.log files in my /monero wallet folder? there 14gig together, its hell of a large log file.?

God I cant wait for a clean windows gui wallet where everything just works Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
June 16, 2014, 09:18:53 PM

Code:

What am i dooing wrong?

which pool...
Activity: 300
June 16, 2014, 03:49:05 PM
Recently i tried to compile Monero on my VPS running Ubuntu 14.04, got following error when running bitmonerod:
Code:
2014-Jun-16 19:42:29.323427 ERROR /root/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:209 Exception at [main], what=locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
I was using root account. Compiled simplewallet seems to work fine.

Edit: I downloaded Linux binaries on monero.cc, got same error with bitmonerod.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
June 16, 2014, 02:57:40 PM
Hellou

I have been looking for Linux GUI wallet for Monero. Great to see there is some activity to create such.

I tried these.
https://github.com/Neozaru/bitmonero-qt
https://github.com/jwinterm/cryptonoteRPCwalletGUI
https://github.com/BitKoot/CryptoNoteWallet

Unfortunately I was unable to make them work yet. Bitmonerod and simplewallet did not work either, I had problems in updating the blockchain.

When do you think there would be available a Linux-GUI-Wallet for Monero? It would be great if there was everything, like daemon, GUI and all other necessary files in one downloadable zip-file to make installation as easy as it could be.
Pages:
Jump to: