Pages:
Author

Topic: Most crypto friendly countries in Europe - page 8. (Read 917 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
There are indeed a lot of cryptocurrency investment-friendly countries in Europe. A reason for this is that a lot if these countries are tiger-economies, meaning that they are steadily increasing in terms if economic growth. And their leaders are aware of the national economic benefits of allowing cryptocurrency investment in their currency. Just like Georgia which I am surprised was in this list.

I was surprised to see Georgia as well but that's a good point you made.

The smaller countries are finally catching up but it's still a surprise to see so many successful crypto startups from there.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There are indeed a lot of cryptocurrency investment-friendly countries in Europe. A reason for this is that a lot if these countries are tiger-economies, meaning that they are steadily increasing in terms if economic growth. And their leaders are aware of the national economic benefits of allowing cryptocurrency investment in their currency. Just like Georgia which I am surprised was in this list.
Hmm. Generally, Europe is pretty welcoming towards crypto. These countries are surely deserving their place on the list. However, it is interesting to see that Belarus is not on the list. Lately, Belarus made changes which highly benefit companies, miners, etc. in the crypto market.

"Lukashenko’s decree introduces tax breaks and other incentives for crypto businesses until January 1, 2023. No taxes will be imposed on companies that profit from mining, issuing and placement of digital coins. The same applies to crypto-related income of private individuals from mining and trading cryptocurrencies. In the next five years, even crypto firms based abroad will not be taxed." - https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-business-is-now-legal-in-belarus/ (there are other reasons in the article to consider)

Also, governments can change their attitude towards cryptocurrencies pretty quickly, so this list might change quickly.

Interesting, hope to see more crypto news from Belarus by 2023 then. Smiley
From what I have read in the net I would say that the reason for the most of the countries to be crypto-friendly is that they see some opportunity to attract new investors and raise some additional money. Slovenia and Georgia in different positions when it comes to economy, but I believe both of them still need a lot of investment. So at this point the countries with stable economy are careful with crypto, but the G20 meeting showed that there are positive perspectives. Everybody expected very bad news from G20, but this didn’t happen

Good point. Unexpected investments like that could really impact the country. Especially if a country is relatively smaller and not as rich.
Activity: 414
Merit: 102
From what I have read in the net I would say that the reason for the most of the countries to be crypto-friendly is that they see some opportunity to attract new investors and raise some additional money. Slovenia and Georgia in different positions when it comes to economy, but I believe both of them still need a lot of investment. So at this point the countries with stable economy are careful with crypto, but the G20 meeting showed that there are positive perspectives. Everybody expected very bad news from G20, but this didn’t happen
Merit: 1
I can confirm that Slovenia is as the article claims, very crypto-friendly.
Here are some of the most successful projects from SLovenia: Iconomi (ICN), Viberate (VIB), Cofound.it (CFI), Quantum (QAU), SunContract (SNC), InsurePal (IPL), Hive Project (HVN), SportyCo (SPF), MedicoHealth (MHP).

Wow I didn't know there were so many Slovenian startups! That's crazy. I hope to see more though of course. Grin
I am pretty amazed to find out that Estonia is so much crypto friendly. I live in Europe and I didn't know this

the whole concept of e-residency is crazy to me and i think Estonia is first to do it. I wonder if other countries will follow suit
I found this article, and I am just curios do you agree with the author? Are these countries most crypto friendly in Europe?

https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-most-crypto-friendly-countries-in-europe

I think as more and more successful startups and crypto companies come out of relatively smaller countries, we'll see more progress and even more startups from those countries.

For example, for Georgia, because of countries like BitFury and Ambit, we'll see further development in the crypto world for sure.
Activity: 182
It is interesting, that the three countries of Eastern Europe (Estonia, Slovenia and Georgia) appeared in the ranking. Two of them are former Soviet republics. I think these countries have excellent chances to attract blockchain enthusiasts and raise the economy of their country. I think other countries will follow their example.

It's interesting you made that connection because a lot of post ussr countries are really into crypto for some reason. Belarus is another example of this and I really wonder if there's a connection or why this happened.
Activity: 182
Germany should be on that list as it has an advanced economy and is allowing bitcoin to trade there. Also, LISK is from germany and is going to be the bigger and better version of ethereum. They are releasing their product this year and everything is pointing to the sky!

Germany is definitely one of the bigger powerhouses in Europe, in all things finance, crypto, etc.

But it's just that I don't really see a lot of headlines connecting Germany with crypto world for some reason, compared to other countries.
Activity: 98
 at first I did not think, not terbesit bit, but in fact it really gives a surprise that is unexpected, some countries in europe was good and friendly, if so this becomes a big potential in the next few years will occur equity technology blockchain crypto world. could be Europe as a future crypto promoter.
Activity: 265
Merit: 11
Hmm. Generally, Europe is pretty welcoming towards crypto. These countries are surely deserving their place on the list. However, it is interesting to see that Belarus is not on the list. Lately, Belarus made changes which highly benefit companies, miners, etc. in the crypto market.

"Lukashenko’s decree introduces tax breaks and other incentives for crypto businesses until January 1, 2023. No taxes will be imposed on companies that profit from mining, issuing and placement of digital coins. The same applies to crypto-related income of private individuals from mining and trading cryptocurrencies. In the next five years, even crypto firms based abroad will not be taxed." - https://news.bitcoin.com/crypto-business-is-now-legal-in-belarus/ (there are other reasons in the article to consider)

Also, governments can change their attitude towards cryptocurrencies pretty quickly, so this list might change quickly.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Germany should be on that list as it has an advanced economy and is allowing bitcoin to trade there. Also, LISK is from germany and is going to be the bigger and better version of ethereum. They are releasing their product this year and everything is pointing to the sky!
Activity: 280
Merit: 170
I noticed that a lot of projects are in Latvia and Latvia
I do not know what is there with the legislation, but there are such projects as Universia, Neuromation and other
Activity: 127
Merit: 6
I found this article, and I am just curios do you agree with the author? Are these countries most crypto friendly in Europe?

https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-most-crypto-friendly-countries-in-europe

Very good article. However, Georgia is not in EU and it's harder to live there. It's much easier to choose another EU destination if you don't want to fill 5 tons of paper.

Do you know what is the Capital Gain tax for cryptos in Slovenia, if any?

Tax treatment of cryptocurrencies

Furs again clarified the tax treatment of individuals and companies involved in the process of cryptomining. “Cryptocurrency mining is a non-VAT transaction,” they wrote. Miners also do not have the right to deduct VAT in the purchase of software and hardware for the mining of crypts. ‘The only right to deduct would be in cases where the confirmation of transactions with cryptocurriences would be exempt from VAT. In this case the suscriber outside of the Union would confirm the cryptocurrencies.

Income of natural person in the form of a virtual currency, for example bitcoins, in mining, is taxed as a second income. This is according to Article 105 of the Income Tax Act – Zdoh-2. The level of income in euros shall be determined taking into account the value of cryptocurrencies in euros at the time when the income is received.

From income from capital income, you do not have to pay income tax. You do not have to pay any tax on capital gains.

Otherwise, if a company or a natural person owns crypocurrency and is performing an activity – it has a registered status as a sole trader. If an independent entrepreneur trades with a cryptocurrencies or receives bitcoins with mining, then the profits will be taxed according to the taxation of income from the activity.

So shortly: capital gains are not taxed (yet)   Grin

On Bitcoin ATMs there are Fees from 4.8% to 5.5%, no tax.

You can find more about it: https://data.si/en/blog/tax-treatment-cryptocurrencies-slovenia/
Activity: 560
Merit: 22
Countries with the most freedom tend to be the most lenient towards new developments. Right now though it is Swiss, Lichtenstein among the most crypto-liberal...but The Netherlands and most Scandinavian countries will follow suit. Even if they start with some regulations, I trust it will be for the better (in my case since I am living in The Netherlands). I can imagine that in other countries this might be perceived completely different (any form of regulations).
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
I am pretty amazed to find out that Estonia is so much crypto friendly. I live in Europe and I didn't know this
They are not an advanced economy, so they are looking for different options to succeed in something. It makes me very happy, I see this country as potentially possible for moving.
Yeah because the world economy is being dominated by only few countries that they feel they are superior, and third world countries being suck by monster country all they want  to get the resources those countries. It's a good  ideas to engage in crypto currency to alleviated their economic status.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I really do hope that other European countries will follow suit eventually and create an open environment for crypto related industry.
Also, not on this list but I've read that Belarus is also quite friendly towards cryptocurrency.

I am pretty sceptical however that the EU will pass regulations any time soon.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
They are not an advanced economy, so they are looking for different options to succeed in something. It makes me very happy, I see this country as potentially possible for moving.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
It's good that there are such countries in general. Despite the general attitude of government structures to crypto-currencies
Pages:
Jump to: