Pages:
Author

Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed. - page 5. (Read 23154 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
weird thing happened - GUI wallet disappeared when minimized. didn't show up in systray or taskbar. this is the first time it has happened, it has minimized to systray correctly many times before. i had to end process so i could relaunch. win7 64bit.

hmmmm...it's working for me. and no one else has reported that. May be an issue on your end?

Does Win 7 still update, or has MS ended support yet to push everyone over to 10?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
weird thing happened - GUI wallet disappeared when minimized. didn't show up in systray or taskbar. this is the first time it has happened, it has minimized to systray correctly many times before. i had to end process so i could relaunch. win7 64bit.
Back to duty again.
I spent a lot of time to read the argues.
I hope from now on all will be perfect...

lol. Well, we put some new info up top in the readme for ForkNote pool software Git, to prevent confusion with people too lazy to read as much as they should. And we have a plan in place now for dealing with people who say they're helping but really just drain energy. So yeah, it will be closer to perfect.

I used to say "I"m perfect!" when I was about 8 or 9 (like all children often do, even when they're wrong). My mother, who was very religious, would check my hands and say "nope." (Looking for the nail holes like Jesus. lol.)

I'm not religious, but I strive to be as good as we can.

Perfection however, is mathematically impossible. But my idea of "acceptable" is a lot higher than some, which is why I have to be the team asshole to get things done right. And some outsiders don't get that. That's why they will stay outsiders. lol.

MWD
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Back to duty again.
I spent a lot of time to read the argues.
I hope from now on all will be perfect...

Hey Michael, how's it going these days, long time since we've crossed paths. I actually just posted this article about it on Steemit if you want to refresh your memory.

Also, Stefan Molyneux is horrible person. I am embarssed there are pix of he and I side by side. Looks like we have some sort of connection. We do not. I'm not saying "change it", just letting you know.

I noticed he was horrible 4 years ago in the middle of interviewing him.

Later had it confirmed by this:
http://www.freedomfeens.com/?p=5812

I think the world realized it the other night when Molyneux sang "The Star Spangled Banner" *(!) on YouTube to celebrate Trump being president,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkinzV7pxn4

And he sang it with no irony. I mean, Hillary is horrible too, and I don't vote so don't blame me. But I sure as hell don't sing patriotic All-American love songs to Trump. And Molyneux is even Canadian. lolz.

But the article looks cool. Thank you for your service! I'll post it around when I get a minute to fully read it, and have some time to quit returning business emails and do some posting. I have 12 tabs open right now, and 4 emails open in progress. That's a quality problem.

MWD

p,s, are you the guy from the DNS thing that  Bitshares tried and gave abandoned, when I was doing work for Bitshares? I'm trying to figure out how I know you. You said on this thread that "we've crossed paths" and that you wanted to help me " to refresh your memory." And you said it on a public forum instead of in a PM, so it sounds like you want me to "solve the puzzle" and answer it here.

Hey Michael, how's it going these days, long time since we've crossed paths. I actually just posted this article about it on Steemit if you want to refresh your memory.

Anyway, glad to see you're thinking about DNS alternatives. Rather surprising nobody has seriously proposed a solution / alternative since MeowBit and the Firefox plugin.

I just heard the advert on LRN about BipCoin so I came online to do some research and stumbled onto this.

Thanks man! I skimmed it and it looks good. I'll read it and share it when I get a chance. I'm slammed dealing with a bunch of cool stuff.

Dainel Larimer owes me money by the way, and won't pay me. It's something small, it's been so long now. I think it was $125. Was money he owed me for work I did on Bitshares website. I was paid some of the money I was owed, but that last bit he never paid, and I invoiced him twice, and he's ignored it. He's too busy sleeping well on a bed made of solid gold to pay debts to the little guys. At least that's how I picture him now. lol.

MWD
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
https://bipcoin.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/BipCoin-225.png
We're considering adding DNS-type functionality. We made MeowBit, the dot-bit system-wide resolver for Namecoin, and have a lot of ideas about why Namecoin failed and what could be done to fix it.

https://bipcoin.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/BipCat-and-friends2.jpg

Anyway, glad to see you're thinking about DNS alternatives. Rather surprising nobody has seriously proposed a solution / alternative since MeowBit and the Firefox plugin.

I just heard the advert on LRN about BipCoin so I came online to do some research and stumbled onto this.
Right now, I'm using http://cryptonotepool.com/

Good. That and http://democats.org/pool/?name=bipcoin are the ones to use.

Nothing yet - :....(honestly I just set everything up 5 minutes before my previous post just to check it all out, and might not be getting the most out of my CPU at the moment).

Might take a while, current Difficulty: 1721700

There was a time when mining BipCoin was like picking ripe fruit off the ground. Not so since our write-up in CoinTelegraph.

I have a butt-ton of spare, unused CPUs that I could turn into a FrankenBiP

DO IT! YES! THE POWER OF BipCat COMPELS YOU!

& Woman incoming (the latter: "why don't you give me the attention you give crypto?!")

LOLZ. ugh. I used to be with some women like that at one time. (Wasn't "crypto" back then. It was "your damn rock band.")
Never will again.

My recommendation: find a woman with a hobby she can do on a computer. Or encourage her to find a hobby. I recommend some kind of art, if she's not sure and wants suggestions. Have her bring a laptop she can plug into your router and/or to a bigger monitor.

If she doesn't have a laptop, make side-by-side computers on adjacent tables six feet apart. When she's there, after the Netflix and chill and bad Chinese take out, you get on your computer, she gets on her Etsy store or Farmville or whatever. Then you can be together and be apart at the same time.

Maybe use a spare computer for this, or set Yam at not all cores so she can work on a mining computer while it mines.

If she doesn't live with you, just visits sometimes, and there are more than one woman, make an account for each woman. Be honest and tell each one there are others, and have them log in with a password to their account when they sit down.

Should I trade the latter for a cat?

Why not both?
MWD
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
I just spent some of my own time looking in to this currency, and here I am with a fresh wallet and mining away with spare CPU power.

Love the attitude this coin exudes, and wish you the best of luck with this project.  If you would ever require some extra help, I'm more than willing to help out - I like to dip my fingers in (then wash before dipping again, cleanliness is key) as many positive-attitude projects I can, whether it be a coin, program, PR, or exchange - and have never ended up with any enemies from doing so.  I leave with knowledge, and they get the help requested.  Cheers bro!  Give your kitty a nice scratch on the noggin for me, and do not hesitate to PM me (or leave a way to contact you here).

Best wishes Smiley

Very cool man. I like your attitude.

Which pool are you using?

Are you a programmer? Got links to some GitHub stuff? Drop me a PM if you want.

MWD
--head hamster on the BipCoin wheel

Right now, I'm using http://cryptonotepool.com/ (honestly I just set everything up 5 minutes before my previous post just to check it all out, and might not be getting the most out of my CPU at the moment).

Nothing yet - see for yourself:

bip1rvkcrb3L8Zs4z2LDGJfPxxqPjTv3qQX5Nf6qAXNNbBSUB24MnULQ8Nn74G5RphEQEA42ZrmQSJL mckbdw2DG5muYFeRMAi

I'm running a i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz, only using 3/4 cores.  I have a butt-ton of spare, unused CPUs that I could turn into a FrankenBiP if I get that bored though  Grin 

Sorry my train of thought is completely off the rails, due to alcohol + hunger + Chinese food & Woman incoming (the latter: "why don't you give me the attention you give crypto?!")

Should I trade the latter for a cat?

I'll PM you with some personal info in a few Cheesy

Cheers bud
I just spent some of my own time looking in to this currency, and here I am with a fresh wallet and mining away with spare CPU power.

Love the attitude this coin exudes, and wish you the best of luck with this project.  If you would ever require some extra help, I'm more than willing to help out - I like to dip my fingers in (then wash before dipping again, cleanliness is key) as many positive-attitude projects I can, whether it be a coin, program, PR, or exchange - and have never ended up with any enemies from doing so.  I leave with knowledge, and they get the help requested.  Cheers bro!  Give your kitty a nice scratch on the noggin for me, and do not hesitate to PM me (or leave a way to contact you here).

Best wishes Smiley

Very cool man. I like your attitude.

Which pool are you using?

Are you a programmer? Got links to some GitHub stuff? Drop me a PM if you want.

MWD
--head hamster on the BipCoin wheel
....Bipcoin will never succeed ......

Lolz. So says the guy who ran a coin (Neptunium) that failed...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15247912

.....after many people wasted electricity mining it. That's electricity that they paid for with their own hard earned money.

And Neptunium died because of your ineptitude and sloppy attitude.

Checkmate.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust

Best wishes Smiley
Activity: 196
The forknote 2.0.0 alpha indeed forks the chains, because it produces blocks with wrong difficulty. I wrote this in the commit message ("Do not mine with this version"), and it is not in the 'releases'. But anyways, maybe it's not enough warning, shits happen. We got some conversation with Neptunium on private messages to debug it and his pool should be working fine now

My bad, I phrased it wrong when I said I used the latest version. I cloned the latest repository and compiled it myself.

MWD has this condescending attitude where nobody is allowed to make mistakes or hold their own opinion. I was never rude to him but he can't help and insult everything he doesn't agree with me on. I'd be happy to work with MWD because I see a lot of potential in BipCoin which was why I put time into setting up my pool. I'm open to suggestions and co-operating if I'm not treated in a negative manner by the dev of the coin, something MWD doesn't seem to understand.

Fuck you. I said one post before yours that I'd help you if you stop being a shit, and you post this minutes later.
I'm done with you.
Never ever posting your pool on official BipCoin stuff, and will never help you in any way.
You're way more trouble than your worth.  

MWD

If Neptunium's pool stays in consensus for 1 week, and Neptunium stops being a demanding snowflake, I'll add his pool to the list of pools on the BipCoin website (likely with an Asterisk, like "there have been problems in the past, but this pool has been fine since 11/10/16)

This is exactly why I don't want to work with you right now. I'm not demanding but I do request some help and appreciate for providing a low fee pool for your coin. You seek out to harm me and my pool and being the developer of the coin I can't fight that. Either I am treated with respect like everybody else or I will leave your community.

You're acting like having my pool listed on your website is going to make me millions. I'm not going to shut up and run a pool with no miners for a week just for your "help." Treat those who help your coin with respect. Get off your high horse and instead of expecting everyone to bow down to you co-operate with others and give appreciate to others who have done nothing wrong but contributed to your community.

You're clearly incapable of doing this so good day to you. Bipcoin will never succeed when it is run by a condescending self-entitled prick. You are wasting everybody's time.
The forknote 2.0.0 alpha indeed forks the chains, because it produces blocks with wrong difficulty. I wrote this in the commit message ("Do not mine with this version"), and it is not in the 'releases'. But anyways, maybe it's not enough warning, shits happen. We got some conversation with Neptunium on private messages to debug it and his pool should be working fine now

My bad, I phrased it wrong when I said I used the latest version. I cloned the latest repository and compiled it myself.

MWD has this condescending attitude where nobody is allowed to make mistakes or hold their own opinion. I was never rude to him but he can't help and insult everything he doesn't agree with me on. I'd be happy to work with MWD because I see a lot of potential in BipCoin which was why I put time into setting up my pool. I'm open to suggestions and co-operating if I'm not treated in a negative manner by the dev of the coin, something MWD doesn't seem to understand.

Fuck you. I said one post before yours that I'd help you if you stop being a shit, and you post this minutes later.
I'm done with you.
Never ever posting your pool on official BipCoin stuff, and will never help you in any way.
You're way more trouble than your worth. 

MWD

If Neptunium's pool stays in consensus for 1 week, and Neptunium stops being a demanding snowflake, I'll add his pool to the list of pools on the BipCoin website (likely with an Asterisk, like "there have been problems in the past, but this pool has been fine since 11/10/16), since you're helping him. As long as I don't have to talk to him ever again.

He won't even have to contact me. I'll check in a week, and if works, and if he's still leaving me alone, I'll add it.

yeah, I suggested more warning.

I tend to put warnings in all caps, in red text so there's no way people will miss them.

If you can put up with Neptunium, feel free. He's too demanding and entitled for me to deal with him.

Thank you for your service, slb.
MWD
slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
Do you think I will run a pool with no miners for 2 weeks just to "join" your team?

To be clear, I NEVER considered you as someone to "try out" for our team. I could tell from your first pushy PM to me that you were not someone I'd work with.

I just want to be clear with you on that so there's no misunderstanding. And not anyone who ever runs a BipCoin pool, even if it works great and they aren't pushy, will be a part of our team. I'm picky about the team because I care about BipCoin. I'd prefer someone run a BipCoin pool correctly who I never even talk to once, to whatever twitchy dance it is that you're doing.

I'm not saying BipCoin is something people should jump through hoops to be a part of. I didn't "audition" anyone for our team. That's not how I work.

On any project I do, in many different types of collaborative projects, I am attracted to people who are fun to work with, who want to work with me, and offer more than they cost in hassles. The current BipCoin team is incredibly talented, and are all a joy to work with. And of the four of us, one is someone I know well, in person, who I've known to be great on many levels.

Where as you try to throw fits to get acceptance. Like a child.

Also, like a child, you cannot take responsibility for your actions, you blame others....Like how you keep saying your pool forking is the fault of ForkNote, when there are other BipCoin pools set up with ForkNote do not fork.

So, are we done? I'm not really sure what you want from me at this point. I don't have time to keep futzing with you and arguing back and forth. You're a pushy person who is imprecise and rushed in his actions, and no amount of repeated treatise-length bloviation from me is going to change you.

So maybe you should just get in the last word and go away?

Unless it's something terribly inaccurate that requires a correction (like your b.s. about ForkNote) I'll "let you" get in the last word. Then you should go start a pool for some other coin and quit wasting everyone's time and energy here please.

I'm sure you can find some coin where people will love you for the special and unique snowflake that you know you are.

Thank you,
MWD

...... I am taking my pool down tomorrow once I'm finished mining on this low hashrate.

"wha! I can't work well with others! I'm taking my ball and going home."

Fine. I'd like to have a third good pool, but it's not worth it to deal with you. Makis put up a pool weeks ago, it had an issue, he fixed it, it's worked perfect since then and he is so fun to talk to and work with and so talented that he's now a member of the BipCoin team.

My experiences with you have pretty much exactly the opposite. And you've wasted a lot of my time for not only no return, but a negative return (you being rude to me.)

MWD

If you're going to be so stubborn...

The fact that you are NOT this stubborn (and rude) is why your coin failed.
And you blame it on not having a team. Well, you couldn't assemble and keep a team because you're sloppy and rude. I'm precise and kind and fun. So people like to work with me.

Oh no, am I not good enough to join the prestigious Bipcoin team? You are stubborn on topics you have no clue about. That's your problem.

Do you think I will run a pool with no miners for 2 weeks just to "join" your team? Does that seem reasonable in any direction? You are the one who started insulting me and spamming your own thread when my pool wouldn't work properly. You're not precise, you're definitely not kind, and you're counter-intuitive rather than "fun."

The only people who work with you are those getting something in return. I set up a pool out of my time and money, not yours. If you won't appreciate that then you have an issue with working with others. Grow up. You sound like a kid who spent his life alone and just now decides to come out and interact with others.
Pages:
Jump to: