Pages:
Author

Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048 - page 24. (Read 117842 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
What would happen with MRY when new KNC Titan units will be shipped ? Roll Eyes
Activity: 423
Everything's gone great so far at the Vegas convention. I had a chance to talk to notable Bitcoin figures Victoria Van Eyk, Stephanie Murphy, Brian Sovryn, and even Brock Pierce! (He said that he has met Bill Murray, as most actors do eventually, but they're not close friends or anything.)
I also talked to a guy with 796.com (a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange) and he seemed pretty amped about Murraycoin, he immediately wanted to get a photo of the logo on my Murraycoin golf shirt.
Like a numbskull I left all my new info pamphlets at home, but that's given me all the more incentive to talk to people and explain MRY instead of trying to just hand them a brochure.
In other news, I sent some MRY stickers to the Bitcoin Center in NYC and got back a handwritten note from one of their people expressing enthusiasm for the MRY project.
Have a great week, everybody!
I fixed the color issue, it was the PDF converter's fault. But anyway, all I can afford right now are b&w copies.
*comically shows inside-out empy pockets*

Wish me luck in Vegas!
Thanks so much! I'll have a closer look once I can make a color print tomorrow.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Awesome. That looks really great. I saw one minor thing:

On the right of page 2, for the box titled “How do I get some?”, the texture on the box’s shadow looks weird to me. I think it’s the only texture in the whole brochure, so it stood out (perhaps that was intentional?). And I’m not a graphics designer, so maybe I have no idea what I’m talking about there.

Again, I think the whole thing is really well done.
Check out this little brochure I made to bring to the convention this weekend:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ckM13ZAD!LoXOXlXwwXKfpF2_6Tu_q3X8l4r8kxB7NMvjlR5FopA

Your comments are appreciated!
That sounds like an unprofessional shortcut to me; have any well-respected coins done that?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

Why not do a simple code update to cut the subsidy and max cap.  That's exactly the effect you're asking for.
If anyone knows who's mining MRY & auto-selling it on Cryptsy, please ask them to reduce or cease selling for a week or two. It's creating a large amount of downward pressure. I'm going to Inside Bitcoins conference in Vegas on Sunday to represent MRY and it would look nice to potential Murrayheads to see some price stability. (Granted, price volatility is par for the course in the cryptocurrency world, but it would be hard to attract new community members if they see the price has just recently fallen 50% in a week for example).

In my opinion, we are lagging big time. Part of the plan with Murraycoin is to introduce everyday non-technical people to cryptocurrency, but DOGE (silly as its origins were) is effectively doing that already so we really need to play catch-up. We don't want DOGE to have multi-sig wallets and a bunch of new services come out before MRY has even released its first mobile app.

Unfortunately, my resources and abilities are limited; I will of course continue to be MRY's hype-man but we need to bring in more programmers, web developers, graphic artists, etc.  For one reason or another, most people just aren't taking MRY seriously but yet are willing to devote countless hours to coins that have a new gimmick but ultimately will not be around this time next year.

But anyway, I think my tweet from last night sums up why people should be taking it seriously: "Murraycoin isn't some unauthorized 'tribute' coin. It's the real deal & it represents the future of charitable cryptocurrency fundraising."

Mahalo, friends!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer
Just a brief note: once we launch the new Murraycoin website, we will also be moving all of the Murray Bros. Foundation donations over to a new Murraycoin address. Right now, there are too many transactions to display the total in the Murraycoin Explorer. Instead of continually extending that limit, it just makes more sense to start with a clean address. For historical purposes, we will show all transactions associated with the original donation address on a dedicated page. Also, donations made to the original address will automatically transfer over to the new one. This is still a week or two down the road but for those of you trying to view the current donation address on the block explorer, this information is for you.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Watching George Clooney wedding in Venice right now today, Bill Murray is there lol.
Check out this video of Murraycoin's own bholzer talking about his start-up SnapAppointments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csojaD9fI-U

(Didn't expect him to be so studly, did you?  Grin)

So I sent out quite a few stickers this week, including some to Bittrex headquarters in Vegas. Good chance I'll run into them at Inside Bitcoins conference in October. Perhaps they'll catch MRY fever?  Cool

So is that the actual dev of MurrayCoin?  What other coins is he developing?

Thanks!

That is me, yes; an interview I did with Robert Scoble (@Scobleizer) a couple years back. Although I have helped out with several coin projects/services over the past couple years, Murraycoin is the only coin I have developed and managed. Hopefully things will kick into the next gear shortly.

waiting with baited breath Smiley
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

That is me, yes; an interview I did with Robert Scoble (@Scobleizer) a couple years back. Although I have helped out with several coin projects/services over the past couple years, Murraycoin is the only coin I have developed and managed. Hopefully things will kick into the next gear shortly.

You seem like a legit guy, man.

Best of luck with MurrayCoin.

Cheers!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer
Check out this video of Murraycoin's own bholzer talking about his start-up SnapAppointments:

So I sent out quite a few stickers this week, including some to Bittrex headquarters in Vegas. Good chance I'll run into them at Inside Bitcoins conference in October. Perhaps they'll catch MRY fever?  Cool

Thanks!

That's him. I believe he worked on Silkcoin a bit also. You'd have to ask him.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Thanks!

The latest at Cryptsy:

Also...
If anyone knows somebody that might be interested in buying my LA property (price recently reduced!), please refer them to the listing below. Thanks!
(As you can see if you visit the listing, I'm accepting BTC)

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angeles/0-OTAY-Dr-90065/home/22129204
Bill Murray turns 64 tomorrow!
And yes, Bill, we will still need you and feed you.  Grin

HBD old man!
Activity: 378
Yessir.
Pages:
Jump to: