Pages:
Author

Topic: Mt.Gox AML/KYC Process Explained - page 3. (Read 71674 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
December 03, 2013, 06:35:48 PM
3 weeks later, they rejected my paperwork AGAIN, with zero explanation, suggesting that I submit (among other things) my tax return information (which is what I already submitted).

What a bunch of fucking clowns.  Angry

We need to get these kind of scumbags out of the industry and get some real exchanges that understand what the whole fucking point of bitcoin is!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 03, 2013, 02:24:21 PM
3 weeks later, they rejected my paperwork AGAIN, with zero explanation, suggesting that I submit (among other things) my tax return information (which is what I already submitted).

What a bunch of fucking clowns.  Angry
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
December 02, 2013, 01:20:35 PM
It's been a few weeks and I can't get them to answer any of my inquiries about how to get my fucking money. It originally said 5 business days to process the KYC bullshit. 6 days later, it said 10 days. Well, it's been over 10 business days, and they haven't bothered to deal with it. I've got over $3k sitting waiting to withdraw (probably not a "Large amount" for some, but it's half a month's salary for me, so it's not insignificant to me), and they're holding it hostage.

I opened a ticket, got the promise of a response within 24 hours. 4 days later, the only response I got was "We will forward this to the Verification team and you will be updated on this."

4 days to get a copy/pasted canned response from some clown named "Danny"?

No wonder Japan's economy is in the shitter...  Roll Eyes
Same here.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 30, 2013, 05:10:29 AM
Just FYI, the amount I withdrew is about 40k USD, don't know if it is considered large or small, or somewhere in-between.
No need to create an altnick, its in the limbus. Congrats
Activity: 224
November 29, 2013, 09:33:35 PM
It's been a few weeks and I can't get them to answer any of my inquiries about how to get my fucking money. It originally said 5 business days to process the KYC bullshit. 6 days later, it said 10 days. Well, it's been over 10 business days, and they haven't bothered to deal with it. I've got over $3k sitting waiting to withdraw (probably not a "Large amount" for some, but it's half a month's salary for me, so it's not insignificant to me), and they're holding it hostage.

I opened a ticket, got the promise of a response within 24 hours. 4 days later, the only response I got was "We will forward this to the Verification team and you will be updated on this."

4 days to get a copy/pasted canned response from some clown named "Danny"?

No wonder Japan's economy is in the shitter...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 29, 2013, 08:58:50 PM
Are there information about larger amount being processed faster? the withdrawal process is so opaque with MtGox, and there seem to be tons of horror stories in these forums. Until that clears up, I for one really don't feel comfortable doing business with them again. However I'd love to reconsider if funds can start to flow freely into and out of MtGox again.

Just FYI, the amount I withdrew is about 40k USD, don't know if it is considered large or small, or somewhere in-between.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
November 29, 2013, 05:52:33 AM
3 weeks? that must have been a really low amount...
Activity: 11
November 29, 2013, 05:33:33 AM
I was able to pay a 5% hair cut and then wait for 3 weeks to get my money out of MtGox.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm voting with my feet, and staying away for the time being.
Activity: 24
November 28, 2013, 09:29:01 PM
I have a coin there and I have no idea how to get it. Everything is delayed for unrealistic time periods.
Does anyone have a good experience withdrawing €'s somewhere? in Germany specifically?
November 27, 2013, 02:31:39 PM
After reading page 9 I think I recognize this business model.  Madoff anyone?
November 27, 2013, 02:27:04 PM

+1

Mtgox is a scam, disgrace and shame to bitcoin community.
Mtgox CEO and employees should all perform harakiri!

I concur.  All of this bullshit puts us right back to dealing with the corrupt fiat banks.  This defeats the purpose of Bitcoin. 

Activity: 84
November 26, 2013, 05:20:59 PM
I don't understand. Even though 2+ Million was seized by the Feds, they should've made enough by now to recover the losses. Why is USD Withdrawals still lagging?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 26, 2013, 03:44:16 AM
FYI, even though their 'funding options' page still says the bank receiving fee is approx $15 USD, it is now $42 USD..

Is that a $42 fee for receiving wire transfers? And these are taking 7-10 business days to process? You cannot be serious ...

Yes, I paid the 5% exchange rate fee/scam + $24 AUD to my bank, $25 USD to JPMorgan (intermediary bank) and $42 USD to Gox's bank.

I found out JPMorgan was involved when I called my bank but that's all they could tell me unless I wanted to pay a fee to investigate any other fees incurred.  :/

The $42 was confirmed after looking at the transaction details and talking with Gox support.

I should have stuck with sending AUD instead of USD.
Activity: 33
November 26, 2013, 03:38:11 AM
I really don't see how people use Gox as Fiat cannot be withdrawn. My friend has been waiting three months and funds still not arrived.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 554
November 25, 2013, 07:28:40 AM
FYI, even though their 'funding options' page still says the bank receiving fee is approx $15 USD, it is now $42 USD..

Is that a $42 fee for receiving wire transfers? And these are taking 7-10 business days to process? You cannot be serious ...
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
November 22, 2013, 12:53:08 PM
My account seems broken, I'm never able to start the verification process..
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
November 22, 2013, 09:26:40 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
November 19, 2013, 05:58:24 PM
Hey MTGOX

Your business is a scam

Prove me wrong by giving me money

You can transfer money into mtgox

You can then purchase bitcoins with said money

You can then even sell those bitcoins for money

However if you want to withdraw your own "money" that you supposedly have in the account your screwed. Mtgox has no money at all. I want my bitcoins back from the beginning. The "trading floor" your website boasts is completely false your falsely advertising services that are completely fake I just want others to know this before they get scammed by them and I won't stop until everyone new to bitcoin knows about how fraudulent your website is.

Tell me how this is not a complete scam money goes in but no money comes out. Can someone point me toward the closest class action lawsuit that is being brought to address this obvious fraud. You make it seem like the people using bitcoins are the people committing fraud however it is your business. Your business is a complete embarrassment to the bitcoin community. I trust bitcoin However  you guys are a scam. You hurt the community.

+1

Mtgox is a scam, disgrace and shame to bitcoin community.
Mtgox CEO and employees should all perform harakiri!
Well said! Screw mtgox!
Activity: 206
November 17, 2013, 06:11:33 AM
Mt.Gox has poor service! I uploaded my address proof on Nov 6 but didn't get any answer so far. I am using bitstamp and happy with it now.
Activity: 112
Mentally ill computer nerd trying to come up.
November 13, 2013, 09:58:30 PM
Ahh damn what a burn.

gotta jump through all these hoops wtf for.

Mt. Gox is wrong for this.

yes you can get money in, put you cant get it out. ouch.  glad they only have.   0.09 btc.
Pages:
Jump to: